Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

woz_at_home.jpg
IMG_1122_(800x533).jpg
IMG_1248_(800x533).jpg
IMG_1293_(800x533).jpg
IMG_1121_(800x533).jpg
There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 11 years ago

I know this has been asked, answered and changed for like 3 years but what is the current official guess for production games. Im really fond of that flying monkey, it had a powerfull impact as a child too.

Post edited by absocountry2 : Edited title from "WoO" to "WOZ"

#2 11 years ago

Only 2 years. Lol

Jack stated games will start shipping next month.

#3 11 years ago

WOOOO WOOOO WOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

It's WOZ, brotha!

#4 11 years ago

I don't even understand the OP. "what is the current official guess for production games"? ummmm, I guess they'll have 4 legs and a lot of lights.... some pinballs... will make noise... but these guesses aren't really official, although they are current.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from sb80:

I know this has been asked, answered and changed for like 3 years but what is the current official guess for production games. Im really fond of that flying monkey, it had a powerfull impact as a child too.
Post edited by absocountry2 : Edited title from "WoO" to "WOZ"

I think Jack said in the game forum that he hopes to start shipping production games in March. Knowing that he usually underpromises and overdelivers, I'm optimistic. The flying monkey is cool, but this pin will be like none other, it will be timeless.

BTW, it really has been only two years, not three, but definitely worth the wait, IMO. I fully expect other masterpins from JJP in the future and have already signed up for The Hobbit LE also.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from sb80:

I know this has been asked, answered and changed for like 3 years but what is the current official guess for production games.

Probably sometime this fall.

There still is not a parking lot full of cars at the factory, so you know production has not started yet.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

There still is not a parking lot full of cars at the factory, so you know production has not started yet.

Regardless.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from pins4fun:

Knowing that he usually underpromises and overdelivers, I'm optimistic. The flying monkey is cool, but this pin will be like none other, it will be timeless.

1. Until history renders judgement, we don't know if this pin will be better than "Gladiators".

2. Nothing has been delivered yet and haven't the shipping dates been pushed back more than once?

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

1. Until history renders judgement, we don't know if this pin will be better than "Gladiators".
2. Nothing has been delivered yet and haven't the shipping dates been pushed back more than once?

I appreciate your perspective, but I make my important decisions on a timely basis, based on available indicators, not after history renders judgement. And yes, there always is a certain risk factor in all prudent decisions. This pin is going to be like no other pin

#10 11 years ago

Jack has said that pins will ship in March, nailed on. Software will be continue to be updated on a regular basis following this

#11 11 years ago

It will be interesting to see woz at the Ohio show this weekend, so close to March shipping.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from pins4fun:

Knowing that he usually underpromises and overdelivers

On the machine itself, yes he seems to be delivering more pin than what was initially promised. But in regards to shipping dates it's been the other way around.

I think the former is more important but we shouldn't overlook the latter when it seems that's what the OP is asking about.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from krupa:

On the machine itself, yes he seems to be delivering more pin than what was initially promised. But in regards to shipping dates it's been the other way around.
I think the former is more important but we shouldn't overlook the latter when it seems that's what the OP is asking about.

The OP also said that he likes "that flying monkey", as if to encourage a wider, more indulgent conversation, I thought.

JJP started a new pinball manufacturing business two years ago, staffed it with great talent, had these talents design and engineer a phenomenal pin with a brand new platform (completely new hardware and a new OS software in addition to the WOZ's game software itself) from scratch. JJP kept an open game forum during this entire process in which not only the JJP customers' concerns and questions were addressed professionally, but also, where plausible, their pinball knowledge and game-specific suggestions were considered and integrated into this game, successfully. All within these two short years, although these two short years appeared like eons to some customers, understandably.

All this, despite the pernicious and persistent efforts of a group of determined JJP detractors to this date, I might add.

Personally, I have never doubted JJP's ability and intentions, and have never regretted being along this ride with them. I've also learned a great deal in the process, mostly from the fellow pinheads on the journey.

I sincerely recommend a similar journey to the younger pinheads who euphemistically call themselves "newbs" with JJP's second game under development, The Hobbit LE. I encourage them to make a small deposit, sign-up for the game, join the forum, and enjoy the ride. And no, I am not now or have ever been a JJP employee, just a discerning and astute customer, that's all

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from pins4fun:

The OP also said that he likes "that flying monkey", as if to encourage a wider, more indulgent conversation, I thought.

JJP started a new pinball manufacturing business two years ago, staffed it with great talent, had these talents design and engineer a phenomenal pin with a brand new platform (completely new hardware and a new OS software in addition to the WOZ's game software itself) from scratch. JJP kept an open game forum during this entire process in which not only the JJP customers' concerns and questions were addressed professionally, but also, where plausible, their pinball knowledge and game-specific suggestions were considered and integrated into this game, successfully. All within these two short years, although these two short years appeared like eons to some customers, understandably.

All this, despite the pernicious and persistent efforts of a group of determined JJP detractors to this date, I might add.

Personally, I have never doubted JJP's ability and intentions, and have never regretted being along this ride with them. I've also learned a great deal in the process, mostly from the fellow pinheads on the journey.

I sincerely recommend a similar journey to the younger pinheads who euphemistically call themselves "newbs" with JJP's second game under development, The Hobbit LE. I encourage them to make a small deposit, sign-up for the game, join the forum, and enjoy the ride. And no, I am not now or have ever been a JJP employee, just a discerning and astute customer, that's all

well said...

#15 11 years ago

Game will hopefully ship by Christmas 2014.

#16 11 years ago

my best guess is like 4833 units produced

#17 11 years ago

OK so it is WOZ not WOO or WoO tell the abreviation police IM SORRY. And thank you for the facts on a release date.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from pins4fun:

I don't get this. If someone is a newb, I wouldn't encourage them to provide an interest free loan to a new company and wait years for a pinball machine. I'd encourage them to get an affordable machine that exists, maybe one that has a few miles on. Get their feet wet fixing it up, learning the ins and outs, and if they enjoy the experience, purchase a Hobbit after playing it to confirm they like it.

I can't think of anything more discouraging to someone who wants to take up a hobby than sitting around waiting while someone else holds your money. Nothing for or against any company, I just think if you want to get into a hobby, get into it.

#19 11 years ago

That's ok, I don't get your recommendation. To each his own I guess.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

I don't get this. If someone is a newb, I wouldn't encourage them to provide an interest free loan to a new company and wait years for a pinball machine. I'd encourage them to get an affordable machine that exists, maybe one that has a few miles on. Get their feet wet fixing it up, learning the ins and outs, and if they enjoy the experience, purchase a Hobbit after playing it to confirm they like it.
I can't think of anything more discouraging to someone who wants to take up a hobby than sitting around waiting while someone else holds your money. Nothing for or against any company, I just think if you want to get into a hobby, get into it.

Yeah, if I was starting out, I would want to play games and not wait on something new.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Yeah, if I was starting out, I would want to play games and not wait on something new.

One could do both. As a hobby, I think pinball is more of a community thing than an individual undertaking. One could get exposed to the nuances and technical details in the developement of a modern pin and learn up-to-date stuff by signing up for The Hobbit LE ,while enjoying/working on EM's and 80' and 90's pins at the same time. But, like Hitch9 said, "to each his own".

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Game will hopefully ship by Christmas 2014.

Care to make a wager on that statement, seems that people post a lot of negative comments just to be ........................

How about loser donates $250 to Pinside. I'll take the under

We'll send checks to a Moderator winner gets his check back.

Jeff are you in?

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from pindome:

Care to make a wager on that statement, seems that people post a lot of negative comments just to be ........................

Pindome... I like your thinking. Have people put their $$$ where their mouth is. Jeff, you laying down the bet?

I'm in as of 1/10/11. I too think the games will arrive in 1-2 months.
It's been said before; "Good things come to those who wait"

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

No doubt. That is not the way to get STARTED in this hobby. Get in and get going. Leave the speculation of some "super" pin to the people who think they are "in the know".

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

No doubt. That is not the way to get STARTED in this hobby. Get in and get going. Leave the speculation of some "super" pin to the people who think they are "in the know".

I think it's called matriculation, not speculation. Many WOZ buyers were admitted first time-pin buyers or first-time NIB pin buyers. People become "in the know" if they choose to get involved and participate, not if they stand back, spectate, and pontificate

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from pins4fun:

Reads like an infomercial. LOL

Pappy

#27 11 years ago

WOZ . . . coming to homes and a theater near you soon!

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from pindome:

How about loser donates $250 to Pinside. I'll take the under
We'll send checks to a Moderator winner gets his check back.
Jeff are you in?

Hey guy,

I was in other bets very similar to that all of last year. Because of it now I can afford to buy 5 WOZ machines!

#29 11 years ago

Hey guy,
I was in other bets very similar to that all of last year. Because of it now I can afford to buy 5 WOZ machines!

Well it that case since your rolling in cash, lets make it a little more interesting $1,000

Checks to the moderator of your choice

Who ever loses can feel good that the money went to a good cause

Jeff it's time to put up or shut up

#30 11 years ago

He wont do it! He's ascared.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from pindome:

Well it that case since your rolling in cash, lets make it a little more interesting $1,000
Checks to the moderator of your choice
Who ever loses can feel good that the money went to a good cause
Jeff it's time to put up or shut up

Wow dude, no sense of humor.

Oh well!

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from pins4fun:

I think it's called matriculation, not speculation.

Wrong! The Speculation is what gets you to matriculate. WOZ maybe great, maybe not, but buying it just to get your feet wet in this hobby, is a giant leap for a newbie. My only point is, there are better/cheaper ways to get started. Either way, Good Luck to them.

#33 11 years ago

Hey pindome.

I think I've got some checks left over from an old closed account so I'll take that bet. Let's make it $20,000. Put up or shut up!!!

#34 11 years ago

I have seen and played this game recently within the past two weeks, seen some great stuff . I'd say they are very close for production run if not March then by May we'll start seeing them.

#35 11 years ago

Or maybe June, or July or after that......btw I've got plenty of those old checks so if anyone wants some side action on mine and pindome's bet just chime on in.

#36 11 years ago

Anyone know if WOZ will be at the Allentown show?

#37 11 years ago

WOZ . . . coming to homes and a theater near you soon!

Its already at the theatre but it leaves on vacation to game and pin shows/auctions. Come play now at www.nortoncinema.com or at the Lousiville arcade and game expo Mar 8 thru 10

Its been the number one pin every week but two since before Christmas. It did loose when I take it out to the auction shows. It also lost one week to Hulk LE but has out earned it every other week. The trend is up and should keep going up with new WOZ movie out in two weeks. I hate I am missing the early watch party as I be in Louisville that Thur setting up. I see it when I get back Monday I guess.

IMG_1121_(800x533).jpgIMG_1121_(800x533).jpg IMG_1293_(800x533).jpgIMG_1293_(800x533).jpg IMG_1248_(800x533).jpgIMG_1248_(800x533).jpg IMG_1122_(800x533).jpgIMG_1122_(800x533).jpg

#38 11 years ago

Wow dude, no sense of humor.
Oh well!

It's not my lack of a sense of humor it is your lack of ability to do comedy.

If you make a statement, have belief in that statement, say it, that's what this country stands for.
But be prepared to back it up when you're called out...... If a $1000 is to much or $250 is to much no worries pick a number you're comfortable with, $10 whatever, the money goes to a good cause. (Pinside)

I guess we come from different worlds

And who ever made the statement that he would pay his bets with checks from a closed account that's a different world too, I've lost a lot of bets and it has never crossed my mind to try and not pay.... or come up with some scam

I know if I made a bet with Ice and he lost I'm getin' paid..... to bad you two aren't like that!

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Honch according to Jacks private forum for people who pre ordered WOZ or Hobbit he stated in regards to the Allentown PA show on May 3-4: "We will have
lots of WOZ games there, full blown presence with Joe and Patrick from
PinStar!" and it didn't sound like Jack was going to be there.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

Its already at the theatre but it leaves on vacation to game and pin shows/auctions. Come play now at http://www.nortoncinema.com or at the Lousiville arcade and game expo Mar 8 thru 10
Its been the number one pin every week but two since before Christmas. It did loose when I take it out to the auction shows. It also lost one week to Hulk LE but has out earned it every other week. The trend is up and should keep going up with new WOZ movie out in two weeks. I hate I am missing the early watch party as I be in Louisville that Thur setting up. I see it when I get back Monday I guess.

That Wizard of Oz looks pretty sweet against the Purple wall. Against the green wall the topper kinda disappears. I have massive purple couch, I may now need me a purple wall.

Nice pictures, thankx

#41 11 years ago

wow looks great in there..just wondering how early you bought in to have a game @ your disposal like that...not really but kinda pisses me off that you have one and I don't..enjoy!
(bought in early 2011)

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballConspiracy:

wow looks great in there..just wondering how early you bought in to have a game @ your disposal like that..

He's a dealer or distributor. See his comment about showing it at auctions and shows.

LTG : )

#43 11 years ago

Nice to see WOZ side by side with other games. The greens of Hulk LE and WOZLE compliment each other well!

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

Hey pindome.
I think I've got some checks left over from an old closed account so I'll take that bet. Let's make it $20,000. Put up or shut up!!!

Just a quick FYI; that amount on a closed account would be a felony in all 50 states. Just sayin'.

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Jack has stated jjp will have a full presence at the Allentown show this year. At least 2 woz games as well as Jack himself and maybe Joe as well. See u at the show.

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from ssturtle:

We will have
lots of WOZ games there,

Good to know, Thanks. I'm looking forward to see this beast in action.

Quoted from dannunz:

See u at the show.

No doubt!

#47 11 years ago

Doughslingers . . . with any luck, I will see you AND the WOZ pin at the Louisville Expo!
Mike in Kentucky

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If that's true, it looks like they will miss another date?

How can they start shipping these in the next 30 days?

What's the latest official word from JJP? What's being said on the JJP forum?

Why do I have so many questions?

#49 11 years ago

Incomplete coded games shipping for sure in march according to his forum. With promises of lots of updates for woz.

#50 11 years ago

I struggled to decide if I would stay in this. I can't be bothered try to follow up on the latest JJP news. I enjoy playing pinball, not reading about it, fixing, restoring, just playing. The others to some point are necessary, but not too enjoyable for me.

I was close to backing out, but just can't give up the possibilities of what Keith could come up with this. The machine itself, JJP, the PF design, I just don't care either way, no offense. Without good code it's another really nice looking WPC95 that has lame rules. With good code, it's another winner, and I'm a fan of Keith's winners.

As such, I've just decided to put it out of mind until the day it comes. I'm sure I'll chirp the odd time, such as this, but that is the only way I can get through this waiting.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.50
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-woo-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.