(Topic ID: 55760)

Another "Will it fit" thread...2 in a Suburban?

By VolunteerPin

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by PinFan4Life
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DF.jpg

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#2 6 years ago

Yes, I have done this before.

#3 6 years ago

Have fun and congrats on the new pins....will make a great addition to your already great lineup.

DF.jpg

#4 6 years ago

I had 2 in my Expedition a few times...the Suburban is quite a bit bigger. Don't think you'll have a problem.

#5 6 years ago

I've had 3 in my 1997 suburban many times. Remove 3rd row seat, fold down the middle row and put in a 4x8 sheet of plywood to help slide them in and out. First one goes straight in rotates sideways and up against the front seats. Second game goes in straight. Put a big pillow between the machines and push the second game all the way up so it compresses the pillow. That way if you slam your brakes the machine can't get a running start into the other one. A third pin will fit along side the second one, but only if the head on it is removed and possibly the head on the second one too. Room for suitcases behind!

Check out the first handful of pictures here:
https://plus.google.com/photos/117854656125087315135/albums/5710279489614835361?banner=pwa&authkey=CMuo1Lv80pHXbw

#6 6 years ago

My brother has an 03 Suburban and he can fit 3 of them. Two in the back and one sideways in front of them. I have an 07 Suburban and have never been able to get more than 1 pin in there without risking damaging them. The dimensions must be smaller in the newer body style.

#7 6 years ago

I know people have fit 2 in an Explorer before, so it sounds very possible in a Subdivision, I mean Suburban.
Wave as you pass through. If you're going Knox to ATL first, I'm just off I-75 on 153, the exit past Hamilton Place. Be careful at the 75/24 split, it is basically always stopped for a wreck.

#8 6 years ago

I've had 2 in a 2010 dodge caravan. Just 69 them in the back.... Wait. That doesn't sound right

#9 6 years ago

Have you EVER heard of this crazy invention called a Tape Measure ????

Stop wasting peoples time and Do and Think for yourself !

Brian

#10 6 years ago

I'm sure it will I have fit 2 in a buddy's Nissan quest with plenty of room to spare

#11 6 years ago

Blonde, I would love to stop by and meet you. My Suburban is a '01. I actually almost scored a commercial Skee-Ball machine from Nashville too for $180 (looked awesome!). Had I gotten that too I would have just rented a U-Haul.

Quoted from Bribo13:

Have you EVER heard of this crazy invention called a Tape Measure ????
Stop wasting peoples time and Do and Think for yourself !
Brian

Nice. I'm on vacation and don't have the vehicle with me. After all, isn't this a forum which people post stuff? You want me to post a bash WOZ thread? Now that would be a waste, lol. How about a thread about how pin prices are going to come down. Lighten up, my friend and enjoy your 4th! After all, look at the title of the thread.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I've had 2 in a 2010 dodge caravan. Just 69 them in the back.... Wait. That doesn't sound right

Maybe they became REALLY close friends. Who knows what goes on after you turn out the lights...

#13 6 years ago

What time would you be coming through Chattanooga? Maybe we can work up a stop. If you had a few minutes I could maybe invite the only other pinball people around, my parents and Fatsquatch.

I never understood why people get so bent out of shape for asking if a pin will fit in a vehicle. If people had all the measurements and knowledge, they wouldn't ask. Usually you are going to pick one up, meaning you dont have exact measurements ahead of time. By all measurements my MSF should have fit in my wagon, but missed by 1/2 inch due to slope. Luckily we were just moving it from my parents' house and used his truck.

#14 6 years ago

Yes, I have hauled 2 many times in my '04 Suburban, which is the same as your '01. I remove 3rd seat, fold down row 2 seats, and put a sheet of plywood in there. 1st pin goes sideways over the second row seats, 2nd one goes straight in behind it.

#15 6 years ago

anyone put a pin in a 2012 CRV, wife isn't going to be happy

#16 6 years ago

Not sure on the time yet. I'll figure out my plan and get back to you. I suspect it may be pretty early as I need to drive from Knoxville to Atlanta to Alabama and back to Knoxville (or reverse). Maybe I could reverse it and we could check out/play my new pins. I do need to get back to K-town by late afternoon for a surprise B-day party for my sis-in-law.

#17 6 years ago

I used to own a 2007 Suburban and have hauled 2 pins in it before.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside