Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by stangbat
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stangbat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Sorry in advance, I did some quick searching and didn't find the answer. The question:

Will a pin fit in sideways through the sliding doors on the 4th Generation Honda Odyssey (2011+ models)?

I have a 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan rental and a pin won't fit in sideways though the sliding doors. Deal breaker. I need to know if the Honda will. I can fit a pin sideways in my '02 Odyssey and that has saved me many trips.

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from CraigC:

Did you try both doors on the grand caravan?

No, tried the driver's side. I'll check the other side as I have the game out and on the lift table and it will be easy to do.

Quoted from taylor34:

However, I can push it in and then turn it sideways, essentially accomplishing the same thing.

Good to know. With the Grand Caravan coming from the driver's side, that didn't look possible.

Stow and Go is a great feature with the GC, but if I can't get a pin in sideways, a lot of its advantages disappear.

#5 10 years ago

Tried the passenger side of the Grand Caravan. No difference, not going to work.

3 weeks later
    #8 10 years ago

Figured I'd update this. I looked at a 2013 Odyssey yesterday and the doors don't open as far as my '02. Fitting a 28 3/4" WMS/Bally backbox would be tight. Not sure if it would work if the game was angled in and then straightened, but I don't think it would slide directly in without hitting the door. And there is a handle on the pillar that might be in the way. Kind of a bummer as I've had two pins in my '02 a bunch of times and it is nice to be able to do that.

#10 10 years ago

Update #2. Looks like a WPC game (28-3/4" backbox width) will fit. I took a piece of cardboard the width and height of a backbox and it would slide in. You have to start a little crooked, get the game in a ways, and then straighten it. Now I just have to decide if I want to shell out the money for a new van.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Did u look at the Nissan Quest? Physically it looks like it would fit more than 1 but idk

No, I haven't. Only the Odyssey and the Grand Caravan. I have an Odyssey now and really like it, so the 2013 Odyssey is on my short list.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Yes, the newest Quest generation looks huge, from outside anyways

I just checked it out and I think the way the middle seats work is going to take it out of the running.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stangbat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-will-it-fit-thread-4th-gen-odyssey?tu=stangbat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.