• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

$_3.jpg
778d3a17a0d5b5fc90f01d4a7ab048e4.jpg

#1 10 years ago

With AC/DC recording a new album this month and then doing a 40 stop tour to celebrate their 40th anniversary, will we be seeing a 40th anniversary edition of the pinball machine?

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/acdc-new-album-tour-2014/

#2 10 years ago

better ask uncle Gary

#3 10 years ago

that would be sweet! Acdc is awesome. The more the merrier! With silkscreened girl art and polished stainless hardware and a color lcd dmd!!!! A true collectable. I love me some nice powdercoat..my brother even runs a powdercoating shop ....but...... polished stainless is better than chrome and powdercoat put together.
Something about shiny and tough stainless that screams high quality and married to an acdc would be epic.

#4 10 years ago

I enjoy AC/DC, but do we REALLY need to have six versions of the same game? I suppose I need to wait for one of the sub $5k premiums to come my way soon.

1. Pro
2. Premium
3. BIBLE
4. LTBRLE
5. LUCI Premium
6. ????

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from creyes82:

I enjoy AC/DC, but do we REALLY need to have six versions of the same game? I suppose I need to wait for one of the sub $5k premiums to come my way soon.
1. Pro
2. Premium
3. BIBLE
4. LTBRLE
5. LUCI Premium
6. ????

normally I would say no to another version....but acdc has proven itself worthy and the people who waited can still get a wicked LE without doing the preorder crapola.... Its really cool of Stern to do these design changes/improvements etc for their customers. More options for us and machines are sold for them..win win...

#6 10 years ago

It would seem to me that there are enough versions out there now to appease most anyone that would be interested, I just don't see the point of another version. But if there is enough demand left to sell another version, then go for it. It's hard to imagine since I think they sold crap loads of these already.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from luch:

better ask uncle Gary

He's tight lipped about that kind of thing, lol.

#8 10 years ago

I'd love to see a new AC/DC model(s). A Pro with LEDs would be absolutely killer.

#9 10 years ago

If they do another model then Gary better give Lyman a bonus.

#10 10 years ago

I have no problems with more machines. AC/DC is a spectacular machine.
And a new tour is even better. The Black Ice concert was amazing.

#11 10 years ago

Yes hopefully a new version with different layout

#12 10 years ago

A pro with the bell, leds and replacing the face grafix would work i think.

1k more then the normal pro would be nice and fair.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Hawk007:

Its really cool of Stern to do these design changes/improvements etc for their customers. More options for us and machines are sold for them..win win...

I agree , "pinball investors " not so much..

#14 10 years ago

It's just like anything else... you produce something popular, you will find ways to stomp the mudhole dry... or milk it for all it's worth. Why not?

#15 10 years ago

I would love to see this! Bring it on!! Whoo Hoo!!

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Yes hopefully a new version with different layout

And new art. And with new layout you'd need new rules. And everyone must be tired of the same old music by now, so how about a new band? Then you could give it a new name too!

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

He's tight lipped about that kind of thing, lol.

He's got a "Stiff Upper Lip".

#19 10 years ago

Doesn't the license between Stern and AC/DC expire at the end of 2014? I would love to see the same layout with new playfield artwork.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Stern does owe it to the guys they alienated on the Luci theme. Probably something like this they would enjoy.

778d3a17a0d5b5fc90f01d4a7ab048e4... 39 KB

I don't want to see what your browser history looks in order it to find that pick.

...or is it in your bookmarks?!?

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I don't want to see what your browser history looks in order it to find that pick.
...or is it in your bookmarks?!?

Quit playing, you emailed me that last night.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

Doesn't the license between Stern and AC/DC expire at the end of 2014? I would love to see the same layout with new playfield artwork.

Its a great playing game! Steve Ritchie made sure of that, they don't need to change a thing there. However If They got Dirty Donny to do a full art package (including new playfeild art) for the 40th anniversary edition that would kick ass!! A lot of current owners may sell off theirs to buy one of these. It would be a smart move for stern to make a game like this.

#23 10 years ago

Keep them new versions coming. By the time we reach the 8# the regular premium version will be in the 2k-ish and I would afford it..

#24 10 years ago

I'm still holding out hope that some day there will be a Foo Fighters or The Munsters pin....not holding my breath

#25 10 years ago

I say the more versions the better...the more they sell the more likely we get an update.
Each new version is easy money for Stern at this point. Change stickers and continue to run or use up stock of already paid for parts, no R&D just art work and go.
Much like a re theme but easier and more lucrative for Stern and the investors.
I have no plans on buying another ACDC prem. but I can see how this would get those that have bought to buy again.'

#26 10 years ago

I hope so

A new version would drop the value of the non Luci premium (used) into the high $4's

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Stern does owe it to the guys they alienated on the Luci theme. Probably something like this they would enjoy.

778d3a17a0d5b5fc90f01d4a7ab048e4... 39 KB

Some things you just can't un-see lol!

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Some things you just can't un-see lol!

Aurich keeps pm'ing me if I have anymore of those pics to share.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

And new art. And with new layout you'd need new rules. And everyone must be tired of the same old music by now, so how about a new band? Then you could give it a new name too!

Been saying Iron Maiden for a long time. Just don't want Bruce to shove us too many new boring songs off last two albums.

4 weeks later
#31 9 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

That is a sexy translite!

Sure is but, I prefer an artist rendition over an actual picture of a sexy woman. It would also be much more apt to get wife approved than a real pic, plus it tends to look a bit classier.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-version-of-acdc-for-40th and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.