Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Sparky
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rollei 4.JPG
    rollei 3.jpg
    rollei 2.jpg
    rollei 1.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Here's is yet another camera mod for TZ. I just got this today. It's an actual working camera. These were produced by Sharan in Japan. It's a one-third scale camera and uses a Minox film cartridge.

Looking for opinions, where/how to mount, lighting, etc.

They pop up regularly on eBay.

ebay.com link: Mint Sharan MegaHouse Mini Classic Rolleiflex 2 8F Miniature Camera from Japan

http://www.submin.com/8x11/collection/classic/

rollei 1.jpgrollei 1.jpg
    rollei 2.jpgrollei 2.jpg
    rollei 3.jpgrollei 3.jpg

Post edited by Toucanf16: grammer

#2 10 years ago

Thats pretty sweet...maybe tie LED's from the two lens to the camera insert light. Looking foward to seeing how this mod turns out for you so please update us...

best of luck with the mod

#3 10 years ago

I really don't want to trash the camera by installing LEDs. I was thinking of a spotlight. It's also rather large and hope it doesn't overpower the other PF toys!

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

I really don't want to trash the camera by installing LEDs. I was thinking of a spotlight. It's also rather large and hope it doesn't overpower the other PF toys!

I think it looks nice . But as you stated kind of large.

#5 10 years ago

edit that last post...I didn't see how expensive that bad boy is. On second thought...mount it in a way where you don't do any damage to it and maybe put a spot light on it...

very nice

#6 10 years ago

I would look at building a mount right above that flipper attached to the upper PF you will have the necessary clearance and that looks to be a good spot for that remarkable looking camera! Very nice!

#7 10 years ago

I was think the same thing. It should be easy to mount it there. The camera has a mini tripod socket (how convenient) Should make mounting a breeze!

rollei 4.JPGrollei 4.JPG

#8 10 years ago

Yes that looks like a good place. You will just need to play with the height so you don't block certain views. Please post some pictures once you get it installed. Add a topical "flash" to the camera as to not damage it while giving you the desired effects while playing. Good luck!

#9 10 years ago

Sorry, I gotta ask. What's a 'topical "flash"'?

#10 10 years ago

A small led flasher you create on top of the camera to give it a natural look while keeping the original camera's integrity. You don't want to pull that apart to add an led inside so this is the best solution and what I would most likely do if it were me.

4 years later
    #11 5 years ago

Anybody know where I can find the slot machine mod to buy or make? CAn't find anything on google.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from spikedbat:

Anybody know where I can find the slot machine mod to buy or make? CAn't find anything on google.

Did you contact Jeff at Pinball Decals? They're listed out of stock, but maybe he's making more.

http://www.pinballdecals.com/TwilightZoneUltimateSlotMachinePage.html

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-tz-unusual-camera-mod?hl=spikedbat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.