Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9DBCAADE-2D25-4021-BB1F-715543CA8DFF (resized).jpeg
93CDCB16-5BDE-45F3-982A-DC7A40C09B25 (resized).jpeg
166BCD44-DB31-4503-BCF5-39957D9E1440 (resized).jpeg
52AE14E6-F134-4136-B681-4A25A24036F3 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
DSC00654 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bakerhillpins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

It's so balls don't get stuck behind the clock.
LTG : )[quoted image]

Isn't that supposed to be on the opposite side of the clock? I.e. left hand rear upper corner as you're looking at the face of the clock.

The image you've posted seems to show it on the upper right?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 week later
#19 1 year ago

That is odd. It certainly can spin the clock at a faster rate, but for whatever reason isn't during the clock test. Does it spin at the same speed when you move to the Fwd Slow test? How about the Reverse tests (both)?

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Yup, way too slow.
Verify that to your motor control board under the playfield, that you have the Flasher +20v feed going to it, and NOT the +12v feed.
If someone had to rewire it or something, it's possible they ran the wrong wire. That would explain the slower speed.

I guess I don't see how that's the issue, since the clock clearly moves at the Fwd Fast speed (faster) at boot. Just not during the test.

That's why I asked to see the test run at the 3 other speeds (Fwd slow/Rev Fast/Rev slow). Are all the test speeds slower than expected?

#27 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Okay -
to summarize -
The clock is speed-controlled by a very slow PWM type drive. (You can see this in the test modes - the motor 'pulses'.)
During power-on, and when the game is trying to set a time (i.e. reset to 12:00, or fast-forward to 06:00), it turns on the associated drive constantly. NOT pulsed. THIS is the real 'fast'. In TEST MODE, the 'FAST' speeds are NOT this constant drive, but are the fasted 'PWM' mode. So, in other words - Test 'FAST' mode is NOT the fastest. Clock resetting IS the fastest.

Ah, so I did not realize that it was being driven differently outside of test mode. Thanks for that!

#46 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I would order it and test it - if you get the same result, return it (as it means your original 3d party board is good, something else is causing the slowness - and you don't need a replacement)..

Please don’t operate this way. It’s not respectful of the supplier. This puts a burden on the supplier as they can no longer sell the board as new and eat time and “materials” from their budget. I realize that this is an actual business model for some but I don’t believe Marco is advocating this. I.e. not using their stock as a testing source.

You should be evaluating the problem and buy to replace if you feel it is the problem.

IMHO anyway.

2 months later
#51 1 year ago

While you've got the same symptoms as the OP, you might not have the same actual problem.

Did you go through the same diagnostics that were listed in this thread? Testing all the voltages and connections, etc?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 22.50
$ 14.95
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 132.00
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.50
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bakerhillpins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-tz-clock-thread-?tu=bakerhillpins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.