Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9DBCAADE-2D25-4021-BB1F-715543CA8DFF (resized).jpeg
93CDCB16-5BDE-45F3-982A-DC7A40C09B25 (resized).jpeg
166BCD44-DB31-4503-BCF5-39957D9E1440 (resized).jpeg
52AE14E6-F134-4136-B681-4A25A24036F3 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
DSC00654 (resized).JPG
There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 1 year ago

While you've got the same symptoms as the OP, you might not have the same actual problem.

Did you go through the same diagnostics that were listed in this thread? Testing all the voltages and connections, etc?

#52 1 year ago
Quoted from ezed123:

+12.7vdc to the required +20vdc that Coyote says it needs? What am I missing?

I could be wrong here - admittedly, I haven't had to mess with my clock in .. hell, a decade.

If they had a bad run of boards, maybe that's why? I've never used their boards before, I have an OEM still in mine. (Maybe they sold you PlagueMarmot 's old board? Heh.)

I should ask, since @op is in Maryland near me, to see if I can look at his board. Maybe it's a bad batch, or something went wrong on the board. Am curious. Especially if two people have the same issue. Strange.

IMHO, I would find a different board, try it. See what happens.

#53 1 year ago

Hi @bakerhillpins. Yes I did check my voltages they came bac’ at +12.7vdc at the J1 connector on the motor control board at pins B+ and G. Actual voltage coming off the driver board is +12.8vdc so I’m losing very little through the wiring.

@coyote. I’m curious (as I know some but certainly not near everything!). Where would I be able to pull +20vdc for the motor control board if I need to?

Thanks all. Ed

#54 1 year ago
Quoted from ezed123:

Hi bakerhillpins. Yes I did check my voltages they came bac’ at +12.7vdc at the J1 connector on the motor control board at pins B+ and G. Actual voltage coming off the driver board is +12.8vdc so I’m losing very little through the wiring.
Coyote. I’m curious (as I know some but certainly not near everything!). Where would I be able to pull +20vdc for the motor control board if I need to?
Thanks all. Ed

Flasher bus. My game has a factory jumper from a flasher bulb. I never figured that out. The reason I'm not 100% sure on whether the 20v is needed or not is simple - it's been a while since I looked at it, and my plug has one too many wires - as if they changed motor board designs somewhere in prototype and had to manually adjust my game's plug. Later tonight, I'll open her up and take a closer look.

I say this to mean: It's possible the 20v feed was ORIGINALLY used, but then was decided to NOT be used, and the jumper was just never removed from my game - so I'll need to look at the board and the plug to see which wires are actually in connection with the circuit.

#55 1 year ago

Ok thanks. Please let me know what you find Coyote

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 29.95
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 1,059.00
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-tz-clock-thread-/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.