(Topic ID: 213791)

Another tumbler question

By DCRand

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Stoomer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 6 years ago

I find tumblers to be a waste of time and not worth the bother. I bought one years ago, and found there was as much clean-up of the parts as I was doing by hand(once you include picking the media out of parts), and it was noisy and loud. So I switched back to just polishing parts by hand...this solution clearly isn't for everybody. )

Anyways...I'll sell you my Lyman tumbler cheap is you want it...I never use it. It's one of these:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Send me a PM if interested...

Sean

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinhead52:

I have 50 metal 2 piece posts to clean off of a GTB Ks&Qs, not doing those by hand

As I said Ken...this solution isn't for everybody.

But to me, you're going to spend almost as much time cleaning the media out from the cavities under the post, and the holes the screws go into...then there's the screws...at least some of the metal posts don't get that crap stuck in there, unlike the screw heads.

And 50's not too bad...I recently 42 times 3 of those on my "Bank-a-Flipper Pool" project where I took one BAB and three FPs and made 1 BAB and 2 FPs...two of those FPs were parts already. Regardless of the numbers, I find it therapeutic, and like any tedious activity(replacing molex connectors on SS pins comes to mind), once you get a system down they go fast. Certainly faster than tumbling them for XX hours...YMMV.

Sean

#10 6 years ago

OH...and BTW, I guess the OP wasn't interested in my noisy house shaking overkill machine, so if anyone else wants one of these cheap, just LMK...I can bring it to Allentown... ;o)

Hmmm...perhaps I'm not the best salesman...lol

Sean

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Stoomer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-tumbler-question?tu=Stoomer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.