(Topic ID: 213791)

Another tumbler question

By DCRand

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DCRand.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I have read most of the recent tumbler topics. But have a question haven't seen answered. I have a relatively small area, with limited ability to bolt down a vibrating tumbler. Also concerned about the noise in a small space. I don't plan to tumble anything but screws, nuts, and other small parts as use evaporust and polishing wheel on my grinder for bigger items. For these reasons, thinking of buying a small rotary tumbler as think it would be quieter and I could just set it on my work bench when using it.

So, how much longer does it take a rotary tumbler to polish items compared to the vibrating tumbler? How much quieter is a rotary tumbler than the vibrating tumbler? Are there other reasons why I shouldn't consider the rotary tumbler?

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from Stoomer:

OH...and BTW, I guess the OP wasn't interested in my noisy house shaking overkill machine, so if anyone else wants one of these cheap, just LMK...I can bring it to Allentown... ;o)
    Hmmm...perhaps I'm not the best salesman...lol
    Sean

I am leaning more toward the rotary tumbler for noise, and live in Sac CA, so not sure where you are re shipping your vibrating tumbler. I polish all bigger parts with buffing wheel and like the result, but after the 30th screw head or pf plastics nut, really wanting a tumbler for the small parts.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DCRand.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-tumbler-question?tu=DCRand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.