(Topic ID: 151213)

another tron ve rumor

By bigd1979

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Unknown-1_(resized).jpeg
    Unknown_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    IMG_0325_(resized).JPG
    DSC_0364_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Black_Tron_all_three_(resized).JPG
    Chrome_all_three_lit_2_(resized).JPG
    screen_shot_2014_06_08_at_5_11_45_pm_by_plexkittygirl-d7lk6on_(resized).png
    image_(resized).jpg
    images_(resized).jpg
    image-3_(resized).jpg

There are 215 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
    #151 8 years ago
    Quoted from DerGoetz:

I would be happy with what they did for my Spider Man VE. Update some parts, add some parts, remove some parts - end up with something that could have been a Premium "back when".
    And I agree that an LE has to remain a LE - period - and should by no means be run again.

Given that premium models in current Stern games have identical play features to the LE, but with a different art package, I don't see where there would be a problem with a full-featured Tron VE with lit ramps, DP Multiball, etc., but a different art package and a Premium price. I would certainly buy one of these. The opportunity to get a fully-coded, time-tested game NIB is valuable to me and I don't feel too upset if Stern wants to try and charge a little more for it.

#152 8 years ago

Remarkable what a relatively short segment of game code and inexpensive ramp lighting did for the value of this pin.

#153 8 years ago

As stated many times before, guys like myself ( LE owner), Flank ( who owns a badass modded pro) and many, many other TRON owners could give a rats ass if it gets made or not.

Obviously this isn't true, or you wouldn't be so upset with another Pinsider giving his opinion that Stern will release a Tron VE. Post after post about how ridiculous it is....even after posting that you were "done" with this thread because these VE threads "just annoy the hell" out of you.

But here you are. Still.

#154 8 years ago

Oh my. Point.

#155 8 years ago

Tron.... tron...tron ....tron...

#156 8 years ago
    Quoted from Radagast:

Given that premium models in current Stern games have identical play features to the LE, but with a different art package, I don't see where there would be a problem with a full-featured Tron VE with lit ramps, DP Multiball, etc., but a different art package and a Premium price. I would certainly buy one of these. The opportunity to get a fully-coded, time-tested game NIB is valuable to me and I don't feel too upset if Stern wants to try and charge a little more for it.

So you don't see the problem with Tron VE ( light ramps, DP mutli-ball, moving recognizer) for $6500?

#157 8 years ago

I've watched so many of these threads come and go, and so many claims of how LE owners would feel (I am one, and I don't care what they do), but maybe now that SMVE has happened there is a little more educated speculation to be had.
    -It looks like they want to try and price the VE models higher than pro,
    -SM shows that bling can be added to achieve this,
    I'm starting to think the ramp lights could be the thing that really happens. Ramp lights, shaker, premium price tag and away you go.
    Forget drops, DPMB, moving recogniser.

#158 8 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

I've watched so many of these threads come and go, and so many claims of how LE owners would feel (I am one, and I don't care what they do), but maybe now that SMVE has happened there is a little more educated speculation to be had.
    -It looks like they want to try and price the VE models higher than pro,
    -SM shows that bling can be added to achieve this,
    I'm starting to think the ramp lights could be the thing that really happens. Ramp lights, shaker, premium price tag and away you go.
    Forget drops, DPMB, moving recogniser.

Laser cut side rails, lighted ramps, shaker, service rails, and bullet proofed = $6,500 Tron that flies off the shelves.

I can't speak for others, but I'd pay a little more to have all the necessary work done (Cliffy's, lighted ramps and shaker) by Stern. As a Spider-Man VE owner, I'm very happy that they bullet proofed the game.

#159 8 years ago
    Quoted from Expletive:

Obviously this isn't true, or you wouldn't be so upset with another Pinsider giving his opinion that Stern will release a Tron VE. Post after post about how ridiculous it is....even after posting that you were "done" with this thread because these VE threads "just annoy the hell" out of you.
    But here you are. Still.

Copy my whole post.....he was stating " fact" not "opinion" ( very misleading for all)...that was the irritant ....and you are correct...shouldn't have jumped back in, as nothing will ever change in these VE threads....in hindsight , probably not the thread itself that " annoy the hell out of me", but rather some of the asinine "facts".....enjoy the dream....

#160 8 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Copy my whole post.....he was stating " fact" not "opinion" ( very misleading for all)...that was the irritant ....and you are correct...shouldn't have jumped back in, as nothing will ever change in these VE threads....in hindsight , probably not the thread itself that " annoy the hell out of me", but rather some of the asinine "facts".....enjoy the dream....

Again ... not true. Look at every one of my posts in this thread and point out anywhere that I used the word "fact" or claimed that anything was a "fact".

I referred to the "reality" of the business model to contrast your assertion that TRON VE is "dreamland". Regardless, it should be obvious that statements made in a forum are opinions unless specifically stated otherwise, and I even tried to point that out as well for the sake of those that apparently don't understand this.

The only "fact" evident from your posts is that you're easily riled on the subject of whether a TRON VE will be made or not and attempt to intimidate those whose opinions you don't agree with.

#161 8 years ago

Oh ... and TRON VE WILL come.

Just ask George.

#162 8 years ago

This post is funny. You complain that I didn't quote your entire post, apparently you took exception to that because it somehow took you out of context... yet you go on to do the exact same thing in your post by saying that (Tuna Delight presumably) someone was stating that Tron VE was coming as a FACT...but when you look at all of his posts and take them in context, it's obvious that he is actually just stating his opinion, which is based on several facts.

Again, you go on to complain about these VE threads and "how nothing will ever change" in them....yet here you are!

You can bitch and complain about it repeatedly and scream about how stupid these threads are, and then proclaim to the world how you, as a Tron LE owner "couldn't give a rats ass" if a Tron VE comes out....but "the lady doth protest too much, methinks."

And since you "don't give a rats ass" if a Tron VE comes out, you won't mind if I tell you this: a Tron VE will almost certainly be released by Stern.

When it will be released, at what price point, what artwork, and what features are things to really speculate about. It doesn't take much speculation at all to know that it's actually coming...in one form or another.

#163 8 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Thank you George Gomez for confirming in your Coast2Coast podcast interview at TPF that TRON VE will come.

Opinion?...Anyway.... it's all good, and certainly not my intent to "intimidate" any contrary opinions or interpretations...apologize if it was taken that way...hope everyone gets what they want....truth....

#164 8 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Opinion?...Anyway.... it's all good, and certainly not my intent to "intimidate" any contrary opinions or interpretations...apologize if it was taken that way...hope everyone gets what they want....truth....

apology not accepted, only thing that can settle this is a boat drinking race followed by arm wrasslin.

Edit- oh!! And spin your head around on top of a bat 15 times and eat 12 raw hot dogs

#165 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

apology not accepted, only thing that can settle this is a boat drinking race followed by arm wrasslin.

As someone not apologizing either - and not even knowing what any of this is about - I insist that I may compete in this most glorious battle...

#166 8 years ago
    Quoted from DerGoetz:

As someone not apologizing either - and not even knowing what any of this is about - I insist that I may compete in this most glorious battle...

It's awesome, if I had pics from my freshmen year of college when we did this huge Rugby Hazing gauntlet......well, maybe you wouldn't want to do it then

#167 8 years ago
    Quoted from Expletive:

And since you "don't give a rats ass" if a Tron VE comes out, you won't mind if I tell you this: a Tron VE will almost certainly be released by Stern.

Stated like that is much easier to discuss.....and " I don't give a rats ass" because I already have one.....maybe everyone that wants one will get one....not sure I was "screaming" but will attempt to be more non combative in my responses....

Absolute truth....when Tuna said Gomez announced TRONVE was coming, I was pissed because I never heard that in the podcast.....he bragged about IMVE ( rightfully so, I bought one, killer VE), and made some ( well deserved ) comments at skitb hurting everyone. That's all I really heard...so just felt his comments were taken out of context by Tuna...that's why I got a little bent....all good

#168 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Edit- oh!! And spin your head around on top of a bat 15 times and eat 12 raw hot dogs

And you post all of this while I'm trying to make a nice reply!!!!

Of course, you're method would be the correct way to settle this, so now I must take back all of my apologies...

#169 8 years ago

Do we have to do the bat spinning thing though?...usually makes for a nasty fallout.....

#170 8 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

And you post all of this while I'm trying to make a nice reply!!!!
    Of course, you're method would be the correct way to settle this, so no I must take back all of my apologies...

Never apologize in a vault thread,Beer and Braun, that's how ya settle stuff.

Empty 1/2 barrel tossing competition is another one of my favs.

#171 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Never apologize in a vault thread,Beer and Braun, that's how ya settle stuff.
    Empty 1/2 barrel tossing competition is another one of my favs.

Let me pretend to care, at least....

#172 8 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Do we have to do the bat spinning thing though?...usually makes for a nasty fallout.....

That's the best part, you get about 4 feet away from the bat station trying to get to the next one then you realize you are running crooked and can't stop. You will thank me afterwards. Until the raw hot dogs kick in, then you probably wouldn't

#173 8 years ago

I don't know why but this barrel of Newcastle I'm diving into has me in my happy place.image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#174 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I don't know why but this barrel of Newcastle I'm diving into has me in my happy place.image_(resized).jpeg

Dude get that beer of the pin!

#175 8 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Dude get that beer of the pin!

It's safe there, trust me, I'm a pretend Doctor.

#176 8 years ago

My glass is getting low really fast.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#177 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

My glass is getting low really fast.
    image_(resized).jpeg

Wait!!!....that only shows a 5 minute window between posts....a bit slow for a Friday night....

#178 8 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Wait!!!....that only shows a 5 minute window between posts....a bit slow for a Friday night....

I did refill with what was left in the pitcher. You realize I'm from Wisconsin right?

#179 8 years ago

On to moonshine, 103 proof! Kapow!

Isn't that game in the background the one you all want remade?

#180 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I did refill with what was left in the pitcher. You realize I'm from Wisconsin right?

Ahhh...now it makes sense.....funny as shit.....

#181 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

On to moonshine, 103 proof! Kapow!
    Isn't that game in the background the one you all want remade?
    image_(resized).jpeg

Much better pic...+1000!!!!

That's exactly the one.....hopefully it costs only $3k including shipping, or the bitching will start....

#182 8 years ago

Sadly, my offering ( note the bottles are almost empty):

#183 8 years ago

Moving back to TRON thread where I belong w this stuff....

#184 8 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

You have to understand the language of "Sternese" and read between the lines

I'm a bilingual illiterate and you are not speaking "Sternese". You are speaking "Pinside-ese" which is a strongly worded opinion stated in a factual manner.

Drive by Pinsider's read stuff like this and believe it at face value. Then they repeat it later as facts in another thread or at a show. The multiplying factor expands from there.

While I do agree with you on your points that a Tron VE is likely to be made we need to be careful in how we phrase our statements.

And for the record, I am not a defensive Tron owner. That said, I intend to buy the Tron VE (should they be made) just so I can help fuck the present Tron owners.

#185 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

And for the record, I am not a defensive Tron owner. That said, I intend to buy the Tron VE (should they be made) just so I can help fuck the present Tron owners.

I like that reasoning ( for some odd reason) , and your assessment of the comments are spot on......

#186 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I can help fuck the present Tron owners.

Now we are getting somewhere! Oh, you meant "screw" us over, figuratively.

#187 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Now we are getting somewhere! Oh, you meant "screw" us over, figuratively.

Think you're right....what will we do???....continue to play and enjoy our fucking machines...wait, maybe that's not it

#188 8 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Think you're right....what will we do???....continue to play and enjoy our fucking machines...wait, maybe that's not it

I'm about to hit 3k plays on my TRON pro, how many plays you guys have on your vaults?

#189 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I'm about to hit 3k plays on my TRON pro, how many plays you guys have on your vaults?

You're missing the point....the ONLY reason I bought my TRON was to piss off guys that didn't have one....not because I thought it was a great pin...

Fortunately, Stern listens to ALL of us, so surely they will release a vault to screw the guys who have spent thousands modifying their pros, or bit the bullet for an LE....that's the " reality" of Sterns business model. Not!!!

#190 8 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

I like that reasoning ( for some odd reason)

For clarity I was thinking of Centerflank specifically. There's something sexy about that wife beater t-shirt in his avatar that makes me want to pound him.

#191 8 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

You're missing the point....the ONLY reason I bought my TRON was to piss off guys that didn't have one....not because I thought it was a great pin...
    Fortunately, Stern listens to ALL of us, so surely they will release a vault to screw the guys who have spent thousands modifying their pros, or bit the bullet for an LE....that's the " reality" of Sterns business model. Not!!!

Im seriously considering buying Labnip's LE to show I don't care about the possible value drop.

#192 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

For clarity I was thinking of Centerflank specifically. There's something sexy about that wife beater t-shirt in his avatar that makes me want to pound him.

Bring lots of Lube, I really recommend it.

#193 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Whew...that does make me rest a bit easier..( finally, thread getting fun to read again).....

#194 8 years ago

It's popular enough to be a prime VE candidate IMO. Throw in some extras and people will buy more TRON VEs than SM VEs at the same price point. And SM is one of my favorites...

#195 8 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

It's popular enough to be a prime VE candidate IMO. Throw in some extras and people will buy more TRON VEs than SM VEs at the same price point. And SM is one of my favorites...

Interesting point as Stern has mandated all premiums are 6700 now, would a TRON vault fall into the premium category and what all extras from the original TRON pro will be there.....bring in the bean counters

#196 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Interesting point as Stern has mandated all premiums are 6700 now, would a TRON vault fall into the premium category and what all extras from the original TRON pro will be there.....bring in the bean counters

I think it's safe to assume at that price point (6500-6700) things not stock on original pro would be on VE. SM got new armor and dots a reasonable person could conclude that you could keep most things similar on TRON. Throw in cool armor, metal apron with interactive inserts, and ramp lighting and fans would line up. Just my opinion of course.

#197 8 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I think it's safe to assume at that price point (6500-6700) things not stock on original pro would be on VE. SM got new armor and dots a reasonable person could conclude that you could keep most things similar on TRON throw in cool armor metal apron with interactive inserts and ramp lighting and fans would line up. Just my opinion of course.

I hear ya, I just think everyone will be disappointed once all the specifics are revealed with the attached price tag.

I bought my pro and spared no expense making it to my liking, it's just.... I dunno, one is going to buy a luxury item......I'm losing my train of thought.

Anyway, I hot glued the crap out of all my Xmen wedge bulbs last night, no more poppin out during gameplay!

#198 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Have they really mandated the pricing? Not sure everyone is following along with that plan from what I have heard. It will be really hard to stay with that price point considering you cld get premiums before gb from 6200-6500 rather easy. But the pro models haven't changed?

#199 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Anyway, I hot glued the crap out of all my Xmen wedge bulbs last night, no more poppin out during gameplay!

I need to do this to my met . It crazy that my imve and twd have all bayonet style(minus spotlights) so this doesn't happen .

#200 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I don't know why but this barrel of Newcastle I'm diving into has me in my happy place.image_(resized).jpeg

Well done. Brought me to a happy place too. Newcastle - excellent choice.

Nice to see a post in here that makes sense. This thread is so dumb. Let me summarize. A VE will come. Buy a modded Pro tron now if you want it like I did. Now let's just close this thread or have it limited to flank's pictures of good beer on a pinball table

There are 215 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-tron-ve-rumor/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.