(Topic ID: 151213)

another tron ve rumor

By bigd1979

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Unknown-1_(resized).jpeg
    Unknown_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    IMG_0325_(resized).JPG
    DSC_0364_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Black_Tron_all_three_(resized).JPG
    Chrome_all_three_lit_2_(resized).JPG
    screen_shot_2014_06_08_at_5_11_45_pm_by_plexkittygirl-d7lk6on_(resized).png
    image_(resized).jpg
    images_(resized).jpg
    image-3_(resized).jpg
    There are 215 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 8 years ago

So I was just watching the latest tnt video and they mentioned that stern was doing another run of tron? Not sure if this holds any truth but just figured id mention it since they been in the industry for a long time.

#2 8 years ago

Right around the 30:20 mark

#3 8 years ago

Watched it, yeah he says another Tron movie and Stern is doing another Tron run. Well last I heard Tron 3 was shelved by Disney due to timeline, but if Stern does a VE anyway count me in for a NIB right away!

#4 8 years ago

Labnip and I bought all the Vaults already, get ready to pay up.

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

» YouTube video

Thax lol. I didn't post bc I figured everyone knew where to look

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Labnip and I bought all the Vaults already, get ready to pay up.

Dam that sucks... what are you looking to get lol?

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Dam that sucks... what are you looking to get lol?

10k of course, it's in cardboard, Bojo said I should charge extra for the pallet.

#9 8 years ago

No way Tron 3 is in the works. A official statement went out by Disney a long time ago so I don't know how much weight I would put into his statement. That being said I also would by a Tron VE.

#10 8 years ago

I am a big fan of Disney films. It's been talked about that Disney will only do so many movies per year regardless. So I guess with all the Marvel and Lucasfilms not to mention Pixar and PotC movies they probably put Tron on the back burner. I would never say never for another Tron movie, I think it's got a lot of potential but just not the same momentum as some of the other franchises.

I'm sure Tron pin demand is not limited by the movie being shelved, I'd bet there is more demand for Tron and Lotr than any other Stern pin remake. Tron would be worlds easier to remake than Lotr.

#11 8 years ago

I'm in for a Tron VE.

Regarding the movie ... I saw the Tron 3 feeler vid sometime back, but it was a bit of a disappointment. The business and interest in Tron is obviously very strong ... and I fully expect Disney would simply go back to the drawing board and work on the story. We'll see it again ... just as sure as we'll see another VE.

#12 8 years ago

I'd be in for a Tron VE for sure, especially if it's a premium style run with lit ramps, drops, and full code. Although, I do hope they run LOTRVE first...

#13 8 years ago

I know there is a lot of haters for both the TRONVE and LOTRVE but from a financial point of view Stern would be crazy not to make both.
    Bigger factory, more lines need to run. They only need to do a couple hundred of each to make a profit.

#14 8 years ago

Whew.... I needed my fix of Tron VE threads.

dead_horse_(resized).pngdead_horse_(resized).png

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

dead_horse_(resized).png

If I had a dollar for every dead horse pic I've seen...

But I digress.

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from Radagast:

I'd be in for a Tron VE for sure, especially if it's a premium style run with lit ramps, drops, and full code. Although, I do hope they run LOTRVE first...

Tron makes more sense to do from a demand standpoint. Tron is the most expansive stern in the used market outside of some of the le's.

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

dead_horse_(resized).png

PNG? Chris, a PNG? These Tron VE threads have broken you so bad that you can't even post the GIF anymore? I want to see some dead horse beating action, not a static PNG file. Sheesh.

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

PNG? Chris, a PNG? These Tron VE threads have broken you so bad that you can't even post the GIF anymore? I want to see some dead horse beating action, not a static PNG file. Sheesh.

GIFs are broken. They upload as a static PNG.

It's certainly thrown a wet blanket on my posts...

#19 8 years ago

Tron The Pin is coming!

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

I know...I am upset that its not moving. I double checked that I was uploading the gif and even retried it...no motion

#21 8 years ago

He sounded pretty convincing.

#22 8 years ago

In for Tron Vault as well!

#23 8 years ago

I expected another run for Tron but I was hoping for VE qualities

EDIT: But yea I would order TRON VE (but only from Flank)

#24 8 years ago

I wonder if they would take a page from the SM Vault playbook and base it on the original movie instead of Legacy?

Tron-1982-Original-British-Quad-Film-Movie-Poster_(resized).jpgTron-1982-Original-British-Quad-Film-Movie-Poster_(resized).jpg

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

I wonder if they would take a page from the SM Vault playbook and base it on the original movie instead of Legacy?

Tron-1982-Original-British-Quad-Film-Movie-Poster_(resized).jpg

I would prefer they didn't - I think Legacy fits the pin perfectly already.

But remember, this is just another rumor (even if it is coming from Todd).

#26 8 years ago

Tron with Original Art would sell out.

#27 8 years ago

As I assume most would, I'd be ecstatic if they took the old pro, tossed in lit ramps, a shaker, maybe another goodie or two, and priced it the same as SMVE.

Or just ran the old pro at current pro pricing.

Or whatever they do, as long as it is Tron.

#28 8 years ago

Would love to see Tron with a revised art package and added modes from the original movie, but doubt anything would be added. I would be happy to buy a VE at $4500 if it were just like the original pro. Likely if they ever do one they'll keep the PF art but add powder coated things and $2K to the pricetag.

#29 8 years ago
    Quoted from shimoda:

I would be happy to buy a VE at $4500 if it were just like the original pro.

Good luck with that since the last run was 4800 shipped.

#30 8 years ago

Tron 3 has been shelved...discussed in news articles as recently as a few months ago. I think TT is misinformed.

#31 8 years ago

if todd said it than it's gotta be true... bwaaahh!!

#32 8 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Tron 3 has been shelved...discussed in news articles as recently as a few months ago.

Yeah that's old news fo sho. No Star Wars men or Marvel heroes in it not with Disney's time.

#33 8 years ago

If Tron3 is shelved, then the license should be even cheaper.

Do I hear $19 ??

#34 8 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Marvel heroes

I'm liking Agent Carter lately..

#35 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'm liking Agent Carter lately..

I don't watch any of them personally. I need to give Agents of Shield another chance since my friend works on it.

#36 8 years ago

tron uprising just for a new art package and an 8k price sticker?

#37 8 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't watch any of them personally. I need to give Agents of Shield another chance since my friend works on it.

Agents of Shield got good after it veered into line with the events of Winter Soldier.

#38 8 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't watch any of them personally.

Agent Carter

agent-carter-goes-blonde_(resized).jpgagent-carter-goes-blonde_(resized).jpg

#39 8 years ago

olivia-wilde-tron-legacy-couch_(resized).jpgolivia-wilde-tron-legacy-couch_(resized).jpg

#40 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Agent Carter

agent-carter-goes-blonde_(resized).jpg

Ouch...she needs to go back to dark hair

#41 8 years ago
    Quoted from Radagast:

I'd be in for a Tron VE for sure, especially if it's a premium style run with lit ramps, drops, and full code.

What makes you think they will add to it. They might remove stuff like they did the goblin mech on SMVE to save a few bucks. Maybe they will replace the disk with a magnet.

Quoted from MikeS:

That would be basing it on Tron Uprising then to keep it current.

#42 8 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Ouch...she needs to go back to dark hair

As you wish!

hot_image_(resized).jpghot_image_(resized).jpg

#43 8 years ago

Yes! Look no further than quarra for a good haircut and color can add to a pretty boring face

#44 8 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes! Look no further than quarra for a good haircut and color can add to a pretty boring face

If I was a moderator I would ban you from this thread

#45 8 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

That would be basing it on Tron Uprising then to keep it current.

But Pinheads aren't exactly nostalgic for Tron Uprising. Look no further than the Ghostbusters Speculation thread to see that pins based on the original movies from the 80's is what we all want! That's why they aren't making a chick Ghostbusters pin based on the upcoming movie. Give us a Tron VE based on the original movie and limit it to 500 machines and watch it sell out in a matter of hours!

#46 8 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

pins based on the original movies from the 80's is what we all want!

Speak for yourself, nostalgia man!

#47 8 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

But Pinheads aren't exactly nostalgic for Tron Uprising. Look no further than the Ghostbusters Speculation thread to see that pins based on the original movies from the 80's is what we all want! That's why they aren't making a chick Ghostbusters pin based on the upcoming movie. Give us a Tron VE based on the original movie and limit it to 500 machines and watch it sell out in a matter of hours!

I agree and that's my point. SMVE would have sold a ton based on the classic comics. But for some reason Stern went with Ultimate instead and I keep hearing it was to be current. I fear they would use the same logic and base TronVE on uprising.

#48 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Speak for yourself, nostalgia man!

If I had my own pinball company I would make 80's Nostalgia pins until the cows came home!

Goonies
    Back to The Future
    Rocky
    Blade Runner
    The Muppet Show
    Top Gun

#49 8 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Was that English? Oh wait, you're from Michigan. Never mind ... move along.

#50 8 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

If I had my own pinball company I would make 80's Nostalgia pins until the cows came home!

And you could make them for yourself! Sorry but Stern's already cornered the market on bargain basement 80s licenses.

There are 215 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-tron-ve-rumor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.