• Rush Premium 50 votes
    45%

(111 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

star-wars-stern-translite_1_orig-1__18413 (resized).jpg
Wtf-horse-race.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yoko2una.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 1 year ago

This year I bought both CCr SE and SW Prem, both NIB. 5min down the road my friend has a Rush Prem and I have a ton of games on it.

In a 3 game collection (because you mentioned MBr is leaving), I'd go SW Prem. You need at least one non-fan-layout game and you got that in spades with GZ. So then I'd boil it down to replay-ability. CCr SE is a bit lacking in this department and we won't know what the new code will be like yet (some rumors say it's going to be different but still basic). But if you're going to miss the simplicity of a A-tier WPC fan layout, CCr SE scratches that itch.

Rush is sort of a miss for me. It's fine for what it is, but it's sort of like the band. I like it in smaller doses... thus disqualifying for me it in a 3-game lineup. YMMV.

Meanwhile SW Prem has a great blend of objectives, modes, strategy, and speed. I bought my NIB Prem because I got it for far below MSRP. Otherwise I'd never own this darn game. But in about a week it became one of my favorite Sterns. Sort of like a 3rd flipper mixing things up, the action button and shot multiplier make it unlike anything else I've played. Those who call it "calculus" or whatever, don't know basic math and probably pee their pants when other games get to a 3X playfield. How many games ask you to take your hands off the flippers to move around a Shot-X to a lit shot because it then could be worth up to 40X more??? That's some CRAZY risk/reward unlike any other game I can think of. If you start Video Mode and you have a good multiplier going but forgot to place the multiplier on the Hoth shot, you audibly call yourself the worst thing that comes to mind and laugh at how you just pissed away like 100M points.

Add in the many ways to play the game, the character perks, the speed, the hyperspace loop (biggest rush in pinball trying to get more than 1 up there), the theme, and the fact there's nothing like it, I'd say it's a clear winner out of the 3 options. It's WAY MORE than "just another fan layout" and is great in a small collection.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yoko2una.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-stupid-poll-my-next-game?tu=Yoko2una and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.