• Rush Premium 50 votes
    45%

(111 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

star-wars-stern-translite_1_orig-1__18413 (resized).jpg
Wtf-horse-race.gif
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 1 year ago

I know, lame. Everyone has their own opinion, but I'm just curious what the results would be here. I've only played RUSH and absolutely loved it, but I never played the other 2. I just know I would like them also based on endless videos I've watched and themes. I'm easy and like most everything.

#2 1 year ago

I say its time for a music pin for your collection. I vote Rush.

#3 1 year ago

Star Wars Premium is the best game you listed there (fight me) but Rush Premium is the most different from your existing collection design and play-wise. Star Wars Rhymes with Guardians, Cactus Canyon rhymes with Monster Bash. Rush doesn't rhyme with anything in your collection.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Star Wars Premium is the best game you listed there (fight me) but Rush Premium is the most different from your existing collection design and play-wise. Star Wars Rhymes with Guardians, Cactus Canyon rhymes with Monster Bash. Rush doesn't rhyme with anything in your collection.

haha I know I would love SW. And Monster Bash is leaving the house ( sold ).

#6 1 year ago

Begin the day with a friendly voice. A companion, unobstrusive.

#7 1 year ago

Rush Premium is on my wish list, so I vote Rush.

#8 1 year ago

wow Star Wars is creeping up on RUSH!! and CCr looks like the darkhorse who might come in on the last stretch!

Wtf-horse-race.gifWtf-horse-race.gif
#9 1 year ago
Quoted from illudiumQ36:

Begin the day with a friendly voice. A companion, unobstrusive.

Name checks out.....

#10 1 year ago

This year I bought both CCr SE and SW Prem, both NIB. 5min down the road my friend has a Rush Prem and I have a ton of games on it.

In a 3 game collection (because you mentioned MBr is leaving), I'd go SW Prem. You need at least one non-fan-layout game and you got that in spades with GZ. So then I'd boil it down to replay-ability. CCr SE is a bit lacking in this department and we won't know what the new code will be like yet (some rumors say it's going to be different but still basic). But if you're going to miss the simplicity of a A-tier WPC fan layout, CCr SE scratches that itch.

Rush is sort of a miss for me. It's fine for what it is, but it's sort of like the band. I like it in smaller doses... thus disqualifying for me it in a 3-game lineup. YMMV.

Meanwhile SW Prem has a great blend of objectives, modes, strategy, and speed. I bought my NIB Prem because I got it for far below MSRP. Otherwise I'd never own this darn game. But in about a week it became one of my favorite Sterns. Sort of like a 3rd flipper mixing things up, the action button and shot multiplier make it unlike anything else I've played. Those who call it "calculus" or whatever, don't know basic math and probably pee their pants when other games get to a 3X playfield. How many games ask you to take your hands off the flippers to move around a Shot-X to a lit shot because it then could be worth up to 40X more??? That's some CRAZY risk/reward unlike any other game I can think of. If you start Video Mode and you have a good multiplier going but forgot to place the multiplier on the Hoth shot, you audibly call yourself the worst thing that comes to mind and laugh at how you just pissed away like 100M points.

Add in the many ways to play the game, the character perks, the speed, the hyperspace loop (biggest rush in pinball trying to get more than 1 up there), the theme, and the fact there's nothing like it, I'd say it's a clear winner out of the 3 options. It's WAY MORE than "just another fan layout" and is great in a small collection.

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

wow Star Wars is creeping up on RUSH!! and CCr looks like the darkhorse who might come in on the last stretch![quoted image]

I haven't played CCR but the OG wouldn't last too long for me. I just think it's the weakest of those late W/b similar rulesets. I dont know what the new software adds though.

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

This year I bought both CCr SE and SW Prem, both NIB. 5min down the road my friend has a Rush Prem and I have a ton of games on it.
In a 3 game collection (because you mentioned MBr is leaving), I'd go SW Prem. You need at least one non-fan-layout game and you got that in spades with GZ. So then I'd boil it down to replay-ability. CCr SE is a bit lacking in this department and we won't know what the new code will be like yet (some rumors say it's going to be different but still basic). But if you're going to miss the simplicity of a A-tier WPC fan layout, CCr SE scratches that itch.
Rush is sort of a miss for me. It's fine for what it is, but it's sort of like the band. I like it in smaller doses... thus disqualifying for me it in a 3-game lineup. YMMV.
Meanwhile SW Prem has a great blend of objectives, modes, strategy, and speed. I bought my NIB Prem because I got it for far below MSRP. Otherwise I'd never own this darn game. But in about a week it became one of my favorite Sterns. Sort of like a 3rd flipper mixing things up, the action button and shot multiplier make it unlike anything else I've played. Those who call it "calculus" or whatever, don't know basic math and probably pee their pants when other games get to a 3X playfield. How many games ask you to take your hands off the flippers to move around a Shot-X to a lit shot because it then could be worth up to 40X more??? That's some CRAZY risk/reward unlike any other game I can think of. If you start Video Mode and you have a good multiplier going but forgot to place the multiplier on the Hoth shot, you audibly call yourself the worst thing that comes to mind and laugh at how you just pissed away like 100M points.
Add in the many ways to play the game, the character perks, the speed, the hyperspace loop (biggest rush in pinball trying to get more than 1 up there), the theme, and the fact there's nothing like it, I'd say it's a clear winner out of the 3 options. It's WAY MORE than "just another fan layout" and is great in a small collection.

Thanks for the reply! The one thing I'm concerned with is NOT getting the SW now and then having the secondary market kill me with a price increase in a couple of years since Stern is done with them. Its actually becoming a major point in making my decision here each passing day.

#13 1 year ago

Watch some game play videos on youtube. If you start to fall asleep watching, remove it from your choices.

#14 1 year ago

Oh wait Lyman was working on the CCR new code? So if that's true that's another reason to avoid it.

The thing to look out for with SW is there are three (3!) buttons to press and that's like, REALLY a big fucking deal to some people.

Quoted from Yoko2una:

the action button and shot multiplier make it unlike anything else I've played. Those who call it "calculus" or whatever, don't know basic math and probably pee their pants when other games get to a 3X playfield....

Don't even get me started. So much pissing & moaning that really comes down to "more points are better." Unless you don't like points then just avoid them and it still has a bunch of varied modes, objectives, & MBs.
EDIT: Also check out GOT if you haven't; interesting precursor to this multiplier system; great in it's own right.

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Watch some game play videos on youtube. If you start to fall asleep watching, remove it from your choices.

Hey neighbor!!!

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Hey neighbor!!!

FYI your location is set to off

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

FYI your location is set to off

fixed! haha DOH!

#18 1 year ago

CCSE is cool; but would probably get boring quick. Star Wars premium is kinda a fan layout (similar to GOTG) not a lot going on IMO I'd say Rush Premium even though I can't stand the band.

#19 1 year ago

I've owned all 3, and I would definitely say SW is the one to go with. CCr, Rush, and SW are all great games, but SW is the only one of the 3 that I'd want back. For many of the reasons listed all ready.

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from DarthPaul:

Rush Premium is on my wish list, so I vote Rush.

^ What he said ^

#21 1 year ago

Rush x 10! Amazing game.

#22 1 year ago

Rush, easily

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

I say its time for a music pin for your collection. I vote Rush.

Rush is pretty damn incredible.

#24 1 year ago

RUSH is pulling away now. It was close for a while.
This is going to be a tough choice.

#25 1 year ago

Rush Premium all the way.
I wish I got a Premium, but I'm so happy with how my pro plays I'm keeping what works.
Like the band - incredibly complex. No short cuts to completing anything.

Star Wars is good, but the scoring is so damn unbalanced it is insane.
(Another Stern coding ultra success).

CC came and went in my collection quick - wanted and looked forward to it for years and once I had it, title just did not do it for me.

#26 1 year ago

Tough call. All are VERY different. SW is my least favorite of the three...which is killer for me, because I'm a HUGE Star Wars fan. I really like CCr, and it would keep you from having all 3 newer sterns.
Rush is very good, but I think there are better games for the money.

I guess it boils down to what type of gameplay you are looking for.

#27 1 year ago

There is a Rush game that plays Red Barchetta. Therefore it must be the choice. Easy.

It’s impossible to play this game in a room where you can really hear it and not be happy!
Okay, I’m badly biased and love Rush.

All are fun. SW is just too hard for me and I couldn’t enjoy any depth to it. At my skill level, it was a quick drain monster for 80% of my games. CC is great and really enhances the experience of the original with new large screen etc. Best of luck with your game.

#28 1 year ago

SW or Rush. They’re both great. I’ve had SW Premium since it came out and I’ll be adding Rush to my collection next.
I love CC too. I don’t need to own one though. Id get a Big Lebowski or a lot of other 90s BW games before that one.

#29 1 year ago

Cactus Canyon all day! I'm not a Rush fan at all (also tired of music pins in general) and Star Wars theme doesn't do anything for me.

I do like unlicensed themes and I've played CC on my PC so I know I like it.

#30 1 year ago

If you do buy rush, and you should. Pinwoofers are a must for it. Unbelievable how good it sounds, even at low volume. You'll hear things the stock audio can't produce. Lots of people have commented on this

#31 1 year ago

hmm.. I guess this is in some ways a referendum on Rush. I just don't enjoy that pin. but I guess that's personal. On the other hand Star Wars is so hard but so fun (and the greatest theme ever). CC is a classic but traditional design, always fun but maybe not that deep or challenging. I'd love a Star Wars premium personally and would consider a CC, specially if I liked the western theme. Rush never. :-/ (tho I do love me some tom sawyer)

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

If you do buy rush, and you should. Pinwoofers are a must for it. Unbelievable how good it sounds, even at low volume. You'll hear things the stock audio can't produce. Lots of people have commented on this

Noted! Thanks

#33 1 year ago

Come on someone break the 50 mark for RUSH! It must be done. Then I’ll close the poll.

#34 1 year ago

If you sold MB, one of the GOAT, then my taste is way different than yours and my input would be irrelevant.

#35 1 year ago
Quoted from rx3:

If you sold MB, one of the GOAT, then my taste is way different than yours and my input would be irrelevant.

Thanks for the input!

#36 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Thanks for the reply! The one thing I'm concerned with is NOT getting the SW now and then having the secondary market kill me with a price increase in a couple of years since Stern is done with them. Its actually becoming a major point in making my decision here each passing day.

This is what I’m dealing with right now too. I’ve never played SW but am a fan of the theme so was thinking about blind buying it before I need to pay an immediate premium in 30 days. Watched a few videos and gameplay is intriguing. I don’t understand when people mention it’s a fan type game but my concern is I have a LZ so is the flow similar? Was going back and forth between SW and Mando but in terms of longevity defaulting with the classic theme to keep around forever. Should I not blind buy it??

#37 1 year ago
Quoted from briyau15:

I don’t understand when people mention it’s a fan type game but my concern is I have a LZ so is the flow similar?

Very much a fan layout which doesn't bother me.
Plays nothing like LZ in any way.

#38 1 year ago
Quoted from briyau15:

This is what I’m dealing with right now too. I’ve never played SW but am a fan of the theme so was thinking about blind buying it before I need to pay an immediate premium in 30 days. Watched a few videos and gameplay is intriguing. I don’t understand when people mention it’s a fan type game but my concern is I have a LZ so is the flow similar? Was going back and forth between SW and Mando but in terms of longevity defaulting with the classic theme to keep around forever. Should I not blind buy it??

Star Wars is amazing. But it’s a hard game which is why location and tournament players don’t like it. Home use; amazing. It has so many ways to play; Tons of strategies and different things to do in the first 5 mins of play which not a lot of games offer that kind of variety. One of sterns best IMO.

#39 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Very much a fan layout which doesn't bother me.
Plays nothing like LZ in any way.

I actually didn’t know what a fan layout meant so just read up on it.

#40 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Star Wars is amazing. But it’s a hard game which is why location and tournament players don’t like it. Home use; amazing. It has so many ways to play; Tons of strategies and different things to do in the first 5 mins of play which not a lot of games offer that kind of variety. One of sterns best IMO.

this Star Wars is hard, fast, and fun. If you love the theme and love pinball, you will love it. Otherwise it is off-putting to casual players. Among Ritchie's best, which is saying a great deal.

#41 1 year ago

I did it....Don't hit me.

star-wars-stern-translite_1_orig-1__18413 (resized).jpgstar-wars-stern-translite_1_orig-1__18413 (resized).jpg
#42 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I did it....Don't hit me.[quoted image]

good choice! Jelly here in cali.

#43 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I did it....Don't hit me.[quoted image]

You pulled the trigger on it? I bit the bullet and did the same, mines scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Interested to see what you think of it and if it meshes with my experience.

Also, somewhat related, is it easy to dolly a NIB through a somewhat slightly sloped backyard (not too steep) by one’s self or should I enlist help?

#44 1 year ago
Quoted from briyau15:

You pulled the trigger on it? I bit the bullet and did the same, mines scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Interested to see what you think of it and if it meshes with my experience.
Also, somewhat related, is it easy to dolly a NIB through a somewhat slightly sloped backyard (not too steep) by one’s self or should I enlist help?

Yeah I figured RUSH will be around for a while and I'm nervous about not having another NIB opportunity with this one. I'm sure ill love it. I've watched enough streaming on it. And a lot of people on here who seem to have my tastes love it too so I'm looking real forward to it! Went with the Premium because of the hyperloop. Looks badass!

I always enlist help moving these things.

#45 1 year ago
Quoted from briyau15:

I've done it myself multiple times, but I'm a 6'4" former Marine. If you do, ALWAYS strap the pinball machine to the dolly. I walk backwards when I move these off road. You will want a dolly with inflatable wheels. Don't buy one from Harbor Freight. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dolly-broke-pin-dumped-advice-needed#post-5121293

#46 1 year ago

I've done it myself multiple times, but I'm a 6'4" former Marine. If you do, ALWAYS strap the pinball machine to the dolly. I walk backwards when I move these off road. You will want a dolly with inflatable wheels. Don't buy one from Harbor Freight. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dolly-broke-pin-dumped-advice-needed#post-5121293

You'll always be a Marine!

#47 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

You'll always be a Marine!

No longer active duty Marine.

#48 1 year ago

No longer active duty Marine.

Roger that!

#49 1 year ago

Yikes, thanks for the tip. I’m told FedEx freight only drops off into garages. Will see if they are in the holiday spirit to bring around back (had the person for my LZ do it no problem.). Will have support on standby just in case.

#50 1 year ago
Quoted from briyau15:

Yikes, thanks for the tip. I’m told FedEx freight only drops off into garages. Will see if they are in the holiday spirit to bring around back (had the person for my LZ do it no problem.). Will have support on standby just in case.

I always give the delivery guy a $20 to put it in the backyard for me. They all seem to be ok with that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,500 (OBO)
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-stupid-poll-my-next-game?hl=dakotamike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.