You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0646 (resized).JPG
IMG_0645 (resized).JPG
IMG_0643 (resized).JPG
IMG_0644 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frunch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 6 years ago

Definitely get a close look at the wiring to the switches on all the drop target banks. Make sure you don't have any diodes or wiring touching any adjacent wiring or anything. If everything was working fine until you were working on the drop targets, that's gotta be where you'll find the solution. If you can't come up with anything, post some pics of the switches on the drop target banks and I'll take a look and see if anything looks amiss.

#8 6 years ago

Sure, it's possible. I doubt it though, too coincidental. I just find in my own experience that when i work on something and it doesn't work afterward...90+% of the time it's because i made a mistake. That kind of wacky behaviour definitely sounds like wires could be touching or something like that. I would be surprised if a new board (that was working fine before) would spontaneously develop a problem. Start with the simple stuff! Like i said, send pics if you're unsure. I'm thinking maybe one of the switches wiring terminals may have gotten bent when you were putting on the decals.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
$ 4,600.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frunch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-solar-fire-issue?tu=frunch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.