Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by 7oxford
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ypurchn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 7 years ago

I have a theory that it's actually shipping costs that are driving up the price of pinballs - nothing to do with new/dumb/desperate people- everyone wants to "break even" on a game so you may buy a game for $2K spend $3-500 shipping and BOOM now you want $23-2500 for your game when you sell it.

Check out uship.com I moved a game from KY to GA for <$250 including uship's fees. Seller was able to prep for shipment but based on how I've seen STI ship games I'm sure you could give 1-2 sentences of instructions in a uship description and do the same. "Put 1 blanket between the backbox and glass." "Wrap the game in moving blankets, now wrap the game in Saran Wrap, leave the legs on and bring it to me." BOOM that's how STI does it.

My game got delivered less than 16 hours after pickup - STI took over 2 weeks @ almost twice the price.

Would I use either service to deliver a $15K HEP pin - NO! But to ship a $2-3K players grade pin - sure. Do some research on the shipper and get a copy of their insurance policy before shipping then call and verify coverage.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ypurchn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-shipping-alternative-that-saves-money?tu=ypurchn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.