IMG_20170113_084920136 (resized).jpg
nooooooooooo (resized).jpg
20170307_171619 (resized).jpg
20170307_171922 (resized).jpg
20170307_172148 (resized).jpg
20170307_172137 (resized).jpg
20170307_171629 (resized).jpg
20170307_172052 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john1210.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#147 7 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

It's not happening.

it definitely is Buddy. As sure as the sun is coming up tomorrow. Announcement is soon.

its all part of Sterns marketing. Small leaks to build momentum then the dam bursts. They aint stupid in that department thats for sure. Its common knowledge its heading our way.

#148 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I had a pro, it was my first pinball machine ever, had my fun with it, and now it's gone. I replaced it with MET which I like better in all categories of theme, music, and game play. Could care less about any kind of VE or remake. I will say that the Angus face is ACDC tho and the dumb ass cartoon Helen and Luci artwork is just plain silly, has nothing to do with ACDC at all!!

Where to start with this comment?? Well first off you couldnt be more wrong with the Luci art. It has plenty to do with the band if you care to check their single releases for example such as rocknroll train etc, the art work is the same. Also if you think hot chicks with big knockers on the mini pf is silly then... well each to their own but the rest of us guys like it

#163 7 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

A few facts: Stern paid KISS nearly 3 times what they paid ACDC for their license. AC/DC sold nearly 3 times as many machines as KISS. Stern tried to renew the license for AC/DC and they (AC/DC) wanted double what the first agreement was to bring them on par with KISS. Stern said no way as they only planned on a 500 machine run, AC/DC said "pound sand". There has been no further discussion between the parties for more than 18 months.
Until someone bends, there will be no rerun.

Fair enough. We'll see soon enough

4 weeks later
#250 6 years ago

"There ain't going to be a Vault. And if there was I wouldn't want it because Sterns QC has gone to shit. Their new cabinets are litterally falling apart. The new cabinet maker sucks".

Quote from someone selling their luci. Good work I say on the part of the seller but.... anyone who is in the know knows what's just around the corner.

A coincidence of perfect timing to sell a luci for a premium price? I doubt it. Don't let the truth get in the way of a good sale

#252 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I think if Stern wants to do an ACDC vault, it's because they have leftover game specific hardware they want to get rid of. A code update would help sell the games, no doubt about that.
Rob

There may be a surplus laying around but I doubt it. I think it's a simple matter of them knowing AC/DC is a staple seller and will keep games rolling out the door. That's their whole business angle with vaults. Keep production running with tried and true titles with minimal dollars put into redevelopment (giving the game a slightly new face) which also allows them to focus more on new titles and gives them breathing space without a slow up in turnover. Put simply they are betting on a sure thing... perfect business sense.

AC/DC owners in particular luci owners have been slowly rearing their heads to get the most for their game. It ain't a coincidence. I just can't help having a laugh when the seller insists there is no rerun on the way. More power to em.

#267 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

So if they rerun it will my $12,000 Luci I just bought go down in price?

What do you mean "if"? Just enjoy your luci. Yeah probably would have paid less after they release the rerun but hey it's an awesome pin. Good on the seller too for knowing when to offload.

So far let's see.... they have released 2 Le versions, a luci, a premium, a stock pro, an led pro..... all selling out. One of their best selling pins of all time. At least the speculation has turned to pricing and features which is half worth discussing not the if question anymore. Can't wait to see what this next version entails.

1 week later
#271 6 years ago

There ain't going to be a Vault. And if there was I wouldn't want it because Sterns QC has gone to shit. Their new cabinets are litterally falling apart. The new cabinet maker sucks".

Quote from a member who recently sold their luci. They were in the know. Good for them but just annoying when they kniw its a flat out lie to sell theur game at a premium price.

#274 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

How hard is it to write in complete sentences and form a cohesive thought? Jesus.

So you havent made spelling mistakes on a post writing on your phone?

i cood sea the mastakes butt eye didnt fink anywon wood care or be a dooshbagg abowt it.

#276 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I'm not calling you a bad speller, I'm saying you're illiterate. I make no claims about my own abilities.

If I cood reed your post mite herted my fealings.

the pros come up alright still. this a pro I modded not too long back. im in the minority but I didn't mind the old pro angus face.

#278 6 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I actually like the old pro angus face better than the new pro with angus in his nickers. stern shouldn't have used the LE angus pic. should have shot for something new to take the place of angus face, and leave angus in his shorts to the LE guys.

Agree with that totally.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 29.95
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
16,500 (Firm)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john1210.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-run-of-acdc?tu=john1210 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.