IMG_20170113_084920136 (resized).jpg
nooooooooooo (resized).jpg
20170307_171619 (resized).jpg
20170307_171922 (resized).jpg
20170307_172148 (resized).jpg
20170307_172137 (resized).jpg
20170307_171629 (resized).jpg
20170307_172052 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 27dnast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 7 years ago

Yeah... they're doing another run... and they're gonna charge $10k. The result? The market is going to get pushed higher

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

Every time I think of selling my premium I play a game and then say......yea its never going anywhere

I hear that!

#70 7 years ago

I don't understand two things:

1) why would any current owners care? You have your game and you get to enjoy it.

2) why are current non-owners so excited? Plenty of AC/DC machines come up for sale. They aren't unobtanium... and if you think prices are crazy for modded Premium machines, just wait until you see the prices Stern is going to ask for unmodded NIB machines. It's not going to be pretty. Remember: they aren't re-running games out of kindness. They are doing it to make money and will go to great lengths to gouge the hell out of the market.

To anyone buying a new Stern, you are absolutely guaranteed one thing: your machine does not have value as a collectible. Which is weird to say since Stern markets some of their new machines as collectibles, but they are not. The days of the 90s when the industry was driven by the demands of the operator market (which limited runs for market reasons) are OVER. Collectibility during that decade (and decades prior) was unknowingly created.

Now?

Now, nothing is collectable. The consumer market is driving the show. Any time you buy a Modern Stern you can never assume you're going to have something (a) unique by numbers or (b) that won't be re-run. And if it's re-run, you can bet the bank that there's a good chance it will be modified in some way that makes it more desirable.

The collector market used to have a solid base created by simple supply and demand. The original supply was a known entity (at least the upper limit numbers were known) and pricing was driven by demand. Now, company's are creating collectibility on their own, and market pricing is being driven by the company making the machines.

It's a house of cards, folks. It's the equivalent of those ridiculous "special edition" mint coins that you see for sale on late night TV.

#99 7 years ago

If Stern does this (specifically: re-release TWD with new art): foolish. They're quickly going to create a scenario where collectors will be gunshy on paying top dollar for what they perceive to be special/exclusive releases only to be one-upped a year or two later by another version of the same game.

And, by the way, the art doesn't change how these games play. If you're a player collector, all of this art silliness is just that: silly.

Stern is becoming the master at throwing up smoke to help control cash of hobbyists. Great way to keep money from flowing to other manufacturers

#104 7 years ago

Not talking about IMVE or resale value.. I'm talking about NIB sales

#110 7 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

But, you're saying Stern may miss out on NIB sales because consumers would rather wait several years after release to (potentially) get the new art package?
Most of these VE releases are chasing the titles with the inflated resale value. They're probably not going to re-run X-Men, but when they see ACDC Premiums going for $7500+, it's probably an easy decision for them to throw it on the line and make a few bucks without having to develop a new game.

I speaking specifically of the notion that Stern would release a new TWD art package on game that was originally released with LEs just two years ago. That has zero to do with the secondary market as Premiums can be had for under NIB prices.

#111 7 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Ironically, this isn't really true. It's true from a ball physics stand point, but psychologically the game can *feel* very different. Shrek and Family guy are exactly the same, but the experience of playing is definitely different. If you took Ghost Busters and replaced the artwork with photoshop cut and paste - it would feel different.

Shrek and Family guy feel different because the sound and DMD are completely different... as is are the rules

#130 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

I assume you'd be in on a CGC version of MB?

Stern dropping rumors that it might do a run of TWD with comic book art has nothing to do with CGC re-releasing a bear original version of MB. And, yes, I would be interested... but if I were an owner of MB, then no, I wouldn't.

#132 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

So I'm going to quote you again on this:

Why do you care about TWD getting re-released? By your own logic, you already have TWD. I'm not supposed to care about AC/DC getting re-released (as an AC/DC owner--I don't).
Sorry, but it just seems you do care about a possible TWD re-release. (I threw MB in there because it looks like it's on your wanted list)

Where did I ever say I cared about the TWD getting re-released? What makes you think that I would care...? Frankly, they could release 10 more versions of TWD and I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep.

My comments were simply:

1) Stern as company would be foolish to so quickly turn around and release TWD with all new comic book art. It would probably get the same reaction that this community had when Stern announced the LE and Pro only for the game, only to turn around and slip in the Premium. It's really a simple statement. No different than JJP sneaking in the RR WOZ.

When you market direct to collectors and you have collectors paying top dollar up front for something they perceive to be exclusively unique, only to turn around - relatively quickly - and sell something that the collecting world might perceive to be even more unique... well, you might end up with some sour faces. Hence my comments that folks buying Stern games should never look at them as collectables, because they are manufacturing to sell and make money for themselves... not to please small segments of the pinball community.

My other comment is that Stern really benefits from all of these silly rumors, because it helps them control $$ in the collecting community. Dropping hints about future titles on games (whether true or not) might keep someone from rushing out and plopping down money on a machine from another company.

#134 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Not sure you did. But your explanation about why Stern shouldn't re-release TWD tends to indicate you do care--and this after indicating that owners of games that get re-released shouldn't care because they already have their games.

Imagine how sour faced I could be if I wanted to about Luci getting re-released. Guess what? I'm not. But if TWD owners get that privilege--to be sour faced about a re-release--and I don't... that's inconsistent.

Ah.. I see... you think the fact that I'm a Walking Dead owner means that I'm being disingenuous in what I'm saying?

#138 7 years ago

Well if helps you to calm your concerns, I just sold my TWD premium last weekend --- it's getting picked up in a few days. But if I hadn't, I'd feel the same way as I do about my AC/DC. I really don't care if Stern were to remake a pin that I own or owned... and I don't believe Stern is re-releasing TWD with comic art as the next VE.

#156 7 years ago

#189 7 years ago

Even if Stern sells NIB for $7700 street... the currently highly modded games (selling in that range) are a good deal.

If this game is really real, It will be interesting to watch the collecting community eat itself alive trying to buy it.

#191 7 years ago

If that's what happens... so be it. Truth is... even if NIB costs $7700... you could dump $500-$1000 in mods and it will easily become a $8500 machine.

With Stern quality hitting the crapper and materials cheapening, there's a good chance the originals will end up feeling better made.

#193 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Man you guys need to get over the whole Mod thing and just enjoy playing pinball. $1000....wtf

While I generally agree... there were some key mods for AC/DC (especially the pinbits lightning bolts) that make the game that much better.

#198 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Always respect you nast but no...no mods add up to anywhere near that. But I'm just one kind of collector of course.

You're right, of course... mods aren't necessary to make a game more fun. They can kick up the interactive experience, tho. Lots of good ones in that realm for AC/DC...

Different strokes for different folks

#209 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

That clumsy cannon mod is one of my favorite acdc mods. Now when I see a game without it, the thing looks cheesy and pathetic

Is it really that visually appealing? I've never seen one in person. It looks like it would make the whole area much more crowded and hard to see.

I do agree with Beezleboob... shaker... upgraded sub/speakers...pinbits bolts...color DMD... topper...speaker lights...drums...

They all really just make the pin that much more interactive and immersive. AC/DC is one game that really ups the playing experience when it gets dressed up. To The Law's point, you don't need those mods to play the game and have fun... but, wow, those add on's just crank AC/DC to crazy levels of pinball fun.

#215 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Cannon mod for the win, in my opinion.

Who did you buy from?

#216 7 years ago

Godfather's handiwork really tightened up the look of my train!

7602566f99da67ad2a1f05e1e6c830aed7e93228 (resized).jpg7602566f99da67ad2a1f05e1e6c830aed7e93228 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 27dnast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-run-of-acdc?tu=27dnast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.