Topic Stats

• 280 posts
  • 114 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by fosaisu
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 25 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_7433 (resized).jpg
acdc vault (resized).jpg
7602566f99da67ad2a1f05e1e6c830aed7e93228 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
IMG_20170113_093437802 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170113_084920136 (resized).jpg
nooooooooooo (resized).jpg
20170307_171619 (resized).jpg
20170307_171922 (resized).jpg
20170307_172148 (resized).jpg
20170307_172137 (resized).jpg
20170307_171629 (resized).jpg
20170307_172052 (resized).jpg

There are 280 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

"There ain't going to be a Vault. And if there was I wouldn't want it because Sterns QC has gone to shit. Their new cabinets are litterally falling apart. The new cabinet maker sucks".
Quote from someone selling their luci. Good work I say on the part of the seller but.... anyone who is in the know knows what's just around the corner.
A coincidence of perfect timing to sell a luci for a premium price? I doubt it. Don't let the truth get in the way of a good sale

I think if Stern wants to do an ACDC vault, it's because they have leftover game specific hardware they want to get rid of. A code update would help sell the games, no doubt about that.

Rob

#252 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I think if Stern wants to do an ACDC vault, it's because they have leftover game specific hardware they want to get rid of. A code update would help sell the games, no doubt about that.
Rob

There may be a surplus laying around but I doubt it. I think it's a simple matter of them knowing AC/DC is a staple seller and will keep games rolling out the door. That's their whole business angle with vaults. Keep production running with tried and true titles with minimal dollars put into redevelopment (giving the game a slightly new face) which also allows them to focus more on new titles and gives them breathing space without a slow up in turnover. Put simply they are betting on a sure thing... perfect business sense.

AC/DC owners in particular luci owners have been slowly rearing their heads to get the most for their game. It ain't a coincidence. I just can't help having a laugh when the seller insists there is no rerun on the way. More power to em.

#253 2 years ago

I heard that they are only going to run the pro edition again. i wonder how true that is?

#254 2 years ago

I heard there is no re run

But if there is only with the remaining band members on it

#255 2 years ago

Gossip is great, isnt it?

I heard one version, no lower playfield.
New artwork, reflecting the removal of band member.
Still being decided, but anticipated Luci Artwork....

What does this mean?

My gossip source has not been wrong yet, but doesnt mean Stern cant change as they wish.....

#256 2 years ago

I wonder which band member they are gonna remove? At this point Angus is really the only one left, might as well re- release it as just Stern "Angus Young" pinball!

#258 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Gossip is great, isnt it?
I heard one version, no lower playfield.
New artwork, reflecting the removal of band member.
Still being decided, but anticipated Luci Artwork....
What does this mean?
My gossip source has not been wrong yet, but doesnt mean Stern cant change as they wish.....

It would actually be quite brilliant if they added the Premium bell, drops, and color changing lights to the Pro and wrapped it in a new hand-drawn art package. They can leave out the lower playfield, dancing band, tnt detonator, and trim options. That way Premium owners can't really get upset as it is a different game. The added features would make it worth the $5200 street price. I think Stern would have trouble selling the stripped down current Pro at that price point.

#259 2 years ago

i'd be happy with just a hand drawn premium field available for purchase that I can transfer everything over to.

#260 2 years ago

So if they rerun it will my $12,000 Luci I just bought go down in price?

#261 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It would actually be quite brilliant if they added the Premium bell, drops, and color changing lights to the Pro and wrapped it in a new hand-drawn art package. They can leave out the lower playfield, dancing band, tnt detonator, and trim options. That way Premium owners can't really get upset as it is a different game. The added features would make it worth the $5200 street price. I think Stern would have trouble selling the stripped down current Pro at that price point.

LOL you really expect them to add all that & give it a new art package and keep it at $5200??? You should pass out some of whatever it is you've been smoking to the rest of us!!

#262 2 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

LOL you really expect them to add all that & give it a new art package and keep it at $5200??? You should pass out some of whatever it is you've been smoking to the rest of us!!

ACDC Pro is the most stripped down Pro game Stern has done. At minimum they should add the color changers and upgrade the Bell. Pros aren't $4500 like they used to be and Stern is putting more into them these days. Look at GB or AS Pro. Color changers are standard now. Ok, charge $5500 street price and add the 2 drop target banks. Call it 5th Anniversary edition or something since the game came out 5 years ago.

#263 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

ACDC Pro is the most stripped down Pro game Stern has done. At minimum they should add the color changers and upgrade the Bell. Pros aren't $4500 like they used to be and Stern is putting more into them these days. Look at GB or AS Pro. Color changers are standard now. Ok, charge $5500 street price and add the 2 drop target banks. Call it 5th Anniversary edition or something since the game came out 5 years ago.

Go take a look at SM Vault and tell me if you really think they would do all that and price it at $5200. Fat Chance

#264 2 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Go take a look at SM Vault and tell me if you really think they would do all that and price it at $5200. Fat Chance

It depends on how many they want to sell.

#265 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It depends on how many they want to sell.

Guarantee they don't put premium parts on a pro and keep it at pro level pricing. Zero chance.

#266 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

if you paid 12k for a luci, I think you are already expecting to take a loss down the road when you bought it.

#267 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

What do you mean "if"? Just enjoy your luci. Yeah probably would have paid less after they release the rerun but hey it's an awesome pin. Good on the seller too for knowing when to offload.

So far let's see.... they have released 2 Le versions, a luci, a premium, a stock pro, an led pro..... all selling out. One of their best selling pins of all time. At least the speculation has turned to pricing and features which is half worth discussing not the if question anymore. Can't wait to see what this next version entails.

#268 2 years ago

is this confirmed now?

which design? Luci?

#269 2 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

is this confirmed now?
which design? Luci?

Nothing confirmed, it's all speculation. Normally I wouldn't even give this rumor a second thought except for seeing a few NIB being sold now. I have a Luci so a VE doesn't interest me at all except if there's new code. And that's just wishful thinking on my part.

Rob

#270 2 years ago

Cross posted from another thread:

Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Some info posted on our Belgian forum (source seems German, prices are euro)
Vorankündigung!!!
Vorbestellungen ab sofort!!!
Stern Flipper Star Wars Pro mit LCD (Juli August 2017) Euro 5480,-- (6576,-- inkl. MwSt)
Stern Flipper Star Wars Premium mit LCD (September 2017) Euro 7680,-- (9216,-- inkl. MwSt)
Stern Flipper Star Wars LE mit LCD (August September 2017) Euro 8980,-- (10776,-- inkl. MwSt)
Stern Flipper AC/DC Pro Vault Edition (Juli August 2017) Euro 5150,-- (6180,-- inkl. MwSt)
Stern Flipper AC/DC Premium Vault Edition (August 2017) Euro 7150,-- (8580,-- inkl. MwSt)

#271 2 years ago

There ain't going to be a Vault. And if there was I wouldn't want it because Sterns QC has gone to shit. Their new cabinets are litterally falling apart. The new cabinet maker sucks".

Quote from a member who recently sold their luci. They were in the know. Good for them but just annoying when they kniw its a flat out lie to sell theur game at a premium price.

#272 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

There ain't going to be a Vault. And if there was I wouldn't want it because Sterns QC has gone to shit. Their new cabinets are litterally falling apart. The new cabinet maker sucks".
Quote from a member who recently sold their luci. They were in the know. Good for them but just annoying when they kniw its a flat out lie to sell theur game at a premium price.

How hard is it to write in complete sentences and form a cohesive thought? Jesus.

#273 2 years ago

hows a bout a Stainless Steel Speakerpanel?

pre-order now!

acdc vault (resized).jpg

IMG_7433 (resized).jpg

#274 2 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

How hard is it to write in complete sentences and form a cohesive thought? Jesus.

So you havent made spelling mistakes on a post writing on your phone?

i cood sea the mastakes butt eye didnt fink anywon wood care or be a dooshbagg abowt it.

#275 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

So you havent made spelling mistakes on a post writing on your phone?

I'm not calling you a bad speller, I'm saying you're illiterate. I make no claims about my own abilities.

#276 2 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I'm not calling you a bad speller, I'm saying you're illiterate. I make no claims about my own abilities.

If I cood reed your post mite herted my fealings.

the pros come up alright still. this a pro I modded not too long back. im in the minority but I didn't mind the old pro angus face.

#277 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

If I cood reed your post mite herted my fealings.
» YouTube video
the pros come up alright still. this a pro I modded not too long back. im in the minority but I didn't mind the old pro angus face.

I actually like the old pro angus face better than the new pro with angus in his nickers. stern shouldn't have used the LE angus pic. should have shot for something new to take the place of angus face, and leave angus in his shorts to the LE guys.

#278 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I actually like the old pro angus face better than the new pro with angus in his nickers. stern shouldn't have used the LE angus pic. should have shot for something new to take the place of angus face, and leave angus in his shorts to the LE guys.

Agree with that totally.

#279 2 years ago

Amazing of you read back 1 to 6 weeks how much wrong was stated in this thread as fact.

#280 2 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Amazing of you read back 1 to 6 weeks how much wrong was stated in this thread as fact.

Just because they didn't put fat Axl on the translite doesn't mean you have to rub my nose in it ... could still happen when they rerun it again an another three years.

Quoted from fosaisu:

Tons of Cake LE?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 194.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 249.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 38.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 169.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
There are 280 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside