IMG_20170113_084920136 (resized).jpg
nooooooooooo (resized).jpg
20170307_171619 (resized).jpg
20170307_171922 (resized).jpg
20170307_172148 (resized).jpg
20170307_172137 (resized).jpg
20170307_171629 (resized).jpg
20170307_172052 (resized).jpg

There are 280 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 6 years ago

I highly doubt that they will do a Walking Dead ahead of AC/DC, LOTR, Tron, and Pirates of the Caribbean. Unlike these other titles, you can still buy a new Walking Dead at the regular price. Also, unlike the other titles I have listed, Walking Dead premium can be found pre-owned for 10-20% less than its original selling price . People are still asking for the new selling prices for the pro version of Walking Dead, however I doubt that anyone would pay that when they could find a new one for that price. I also believe that the horror themed games with very graphic artwork like WD limits the market for those games . If you have small kids or just don't want to look at blood and zombies all of the time, you will not buy WD ..
I would bet that we will see either AC/DC or LOTR as the next VE in the coming months ...

#152 6 years ago

Even if they do make another small run of LUCI "VE", which is arguably what the most logical coarse of action. At what cost 8/8.5k ?

IMVE 5.8k, SM 7k, and 66 was 8k/15k ...... so fear not because thats what you will be paying in the remote chance it does.

#153 6 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

They are still selling Metallica and to a lesser extent Kiss. Music is a powerful seller.

Not to mention Spooky's AC/RZ offerings. The Walkman generation must have halfway decent jobs now!

#154 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Even if they do make another small run of LUCI "VE", which is arguably what the most logical coarse of action. At what cost 8/8.5k ?
IMVE 5.8k, SM 7k, and 66 was 8k/15k ...... so fear not because thats what you will be paying in the remote chance it does.

Not sure why people keep overpricing a speculated AC/DC vault. What are stern NIB premiums going for right now? 6800, 6900 shipped? I got my SMVE for $6695 shipped and IMVE I think was $5k shipped so your estimates on AC/DC might be a little high. Just because owners and sellers inflate their AC/DC prices to la la land doesn't mean we have to price increase NIBs for stern.

Lets wait and see if there even is a vault this year, and if it even is acdc, and what the price will be, before we start price bashing. With SMVE came new art, new sound, improved design fixes, laser etched cool armor, shaker motor, support rails, etc...if they stripped all that away and just made an A-typical SM they probably could have kept the price at the pro or IMVE point. But, they decided to improve the game, take it a step further, make it more of a premium game and I for one am glad they did. I despised the original movie theme art, call outs, animations, etc... i owned the game twice. I would have not been a buyer if they kept it a pro-typical movie SM.

Point is, until we know what direction they plan to go with the next vault, we really cannot speculate price. But I'd presume they'll just stick to the luci art package for at least the premiums and if that's true I don't see any reason for another price inflation.

#155 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

... we really cannot speculate price.

WELCOME! (I assume it's your first time logging in)

#156 6 years ago

#157 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Not sure why people keep overpricing a speculated AC/DC vault. What are stern NIB premiums going for right now? 6800, 6900 shipped? I got my SMVE for $6695 shipped and IMVE I think was $5k shipped so your estimates on AC/DC might be a little high. Just because owners and sellers inflate their AC/DC prices to la la land doesn't mean we have to price increase NIBs for stern.
Lets wait and see if there even is a vault this year, and if it even is acdc, and what the price will be, before we start price bashing. With SMVE came new art, new sound, improved design fixes, laser etched cool armor, shaker motor, support rails, etc...if they stripped all that away and just made an A-typical SM they probably could have kept the price at the pro or IMVE point. But, they decided to improve the game, take it a step further, make it more of a premium game and I for one am glad they did. I despised the original movie theme art, call outs, animations, etc... i owned the game twice. I would have not been a buyer if they kept it a pro-typical movie SM.
Point is, until we know what direction they plan to go with the next vault, we really cannot speculate price. But I'd presume they'll just stick to the luci art package for at least the premiums and if that's true I don't see any reason for another price inflation.

Time will tell ...... I purchased my LTBR nib for 6500 so I don't care what the price is

#158 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

it definitely is Buddy. As sure as the sun is coming up tomorrow. Announcement is soon.
its all part of Sterns marketing. Small leaks to build momentum then the dam bursts. They aint stupid in that department thats for sure. Its common knowledge its heading our way.

A few facts: Stern paid KISS nearly 3 times what they paid ACDC for their license. AC/DC sold nearly 3 times as many machines as KISS. Stern tried to renew the license for AC/DC and they (AC/DC) wanted double what the first agreement was to bring them on par with KISS. Stern said no way as they only planned on a 500 machine run, AC/DC said "pound sand". There has been no further discussion between the parties for more than 18 months.
Until someone bends, there will be no rerun.

#159 6 years ago

Can Gary reach his ankles?

#160 6 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

Stern tried to renew the license for AC/DC and they (AC/DC) wanted double what the first agreement was to bring them on par with KISS. Stern said no way as they only planned on a 500 machine run, AC/DC said "pound sand". There has been no further discussion between the parties for more than 18 months.

This scenario could have changed now that Stern has shown that they can charge more and people will pay. They could have gone back to them (ACDC) and said we'll pay the double amount as we now feel we can transfer that cost to the customer and they will pay for a 500 machine run. I'm still skeptical and will simply echo what has been said in the vast sums of Tron VE threads that have come up over the years, with no Tron VE ever turning from hot air to reality. If you want an ACDC, buy one, there are plenty out there and you can enjoy it today.

#161 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I got my SMVE for $6695 shipped and IMVE I think was $5k shipped so your estimates on AC/DC might be a little high

IMVE feels like an eternity ago. The game was spot on, and it was the only actual vault edition Stern has done. NIB priced way below what the current market was. Since then "VE" turned into "reimagined edition" and Stern got a bunch of people to pay $15,000 for a game. I'd love for an AC/DC rerun to come in at a normal price like IMVE did, but I'm pessimistic about Stern ever doing that again. It is with good reason that people think a rerun will be higher now.

#162 6 years ago

I will be listing an ACDC Luci Premium soon. Just took the pin in trade. Market place oust tomorrow after unloading and checking it out.

20170405_123728 (resized).jpg20170405_123728 (resized).jpg

#163 6 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

A few facts: Stern paid KISS nearly 3 times what they paid ACDC for their license. AC/DC sold nearly 3 times as many machines as KISS. Stern tried to renew the license for AC/DC and they (AC/DC) wanted double what the first agreement was to bring them on par with KISS. Stern said no way as they only planned on a 500 machine run, AC/DC said "pound sand". There has been no further discussion between the parties for more than 18 months.

Fair enough. We'll see soon enough

#164 6 years ago

I will be listing an ACDC Luci Premium soon. Just took the pin in trade. Market place oust tomorrow after unloading and checking it out.

So you bought it to flip it?

#165 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

So you bought it to flip it?

Doughsliner is a retailer. Sells NIB games so trades are normal for him.

#166 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Doughsliner is a retailer. Sells NIB games so trades are normal for him.

he may even throw in a movie ticket and popcorn! maybe.

#167 6 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

he may even throw in a movie ticket and popcorn! maybe.

A popcorn popper? Now we're negotiating!

#168 6 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

A popcorn popper? Now we're negotiating!

I don't think popcorn popper. He has a drive in theater.

LTG : )

#169 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I don't think popcorn popper. He has a drive in theater.
LTG : )

and he is chief cook ,bottle washer , and ticket taker!

#170 6 years ago

Can't hardly get a better person than buddy! I'm sure you can turn that Luci easy!

#171 6 years ago

Owning a drive in theatre is one of the coolest things ever!

#172 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Owning a drive in theatre is one of the coolest things ever!

Buddy is a pretty awesome guy too. One of the nicest people you'll meet.

#173 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Buddy is a pretty awesome guy too. One of the nicest people you'll meet.

He has to be nice. His name is Buddy.

#174 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

He has to be nice. His name is Buddy.

And the rumor is he slings dough

#175 6 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

And the rumor is he slings dough

I though maybe he owned a pizza place?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#176 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

He does.

#177 6 years ago

Totally debatable...

#178 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I worked at Domino's pizza thru college opened out on little chain of delivery and carryout units which are still doing well vut I sold my half partnership out and purchased a Mr Gattis Pizza in Wise Va 24293 8 years ago. Just made a better combination with games,pins and pizza. Your are welcome to visit anytime. Some great Pinsiders have made the trip.

#179 6 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Totally debatable...

It's not a Pizza Plus..we had Pizza King and now just one franchise of Mr Gattis Pizza which haS an all day buffet.

#180 6 years ago

Luci will be 8500 which includes train topper, upgraded cannon, pin gulp, underneath cabinet lighting, Flipper Fidelity backbox color changing kit for ACDC letter. It probably has a few more mods but still on truck but should get pics tomorrow some are posted from when I owned it before..
Thanks for the kind works. My.wife now quit her nursing job and runs the pizza store and I do sell tickets at the drive in box office. We have a full time delivery person who can make deliver and set up and I also help a little at our 9 screen indoor cinema named Cinema City 9 in downtown Norton Va for Facebook.

The new Walking Dead game is doing great business. My.kids enjoy it and the lights inside change color from healthy to death red. See pics below. Best new arcade game in years.

20170307_172052 (resized).jpg20170307_172052 (resized).jpg

20170307_171629 (resized).jpg20170307_171629 (resized).jpg

20170307_172137 (resized).jpg20170307_172137 (resized).jpg

20170307_172148 (resized).jpg20170307_172148 (resized).jpg

20170307_171922 (resized).jpg20170307_171922 (resized).jpg

20170307_171619 (resized).jpg20170307_171619 (resized).jpg

#181 6 years ago

The new Walking Dead game is doing great business.

Damn that looks like fun! I keep my head so buried in the pins, I forget that new video games are happening too.

#182 6 years ago

Thanks for the kind works. My.wife now quit her nursing job and runs the pizza store and I do sell tickets at the drive in box office. We have a full time delivery person who can make deliver and set up and I also help a little at our 9 screen indoor cinema named Cinema City 9 in downtown Norton Va for Facebook.
The new Walking Dead game is doing great business. My.kids enjoy it and the lights inside change color from healthy to death red. See pics below. Best new arcade game in years.

That's awesome. How did you manage to buy a movie theater? Always been a fantasy of mine if I ever hit the powerball.

#183 6 years ago

Man I miss Mr. Gattis. We had a great one here that had a great arcade in it as well.

#184 6 years ago

The new Walking Dead game is doing great business.

That is cool I have not seen that one yet. Is it the same style as the new Ghostbusters with ping pong balls? I wonder if you had both Ghostbusters and The Walking Dead next to each other which one would earn more? That would be a true test of theme, hell you could also put a GB and WD pin next to them and see what one earns more. Cool game

#185 6 years ago

A few AC/DC Premiums have popped up for sale which I am sure is due to this thread.

#186 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

A few AC/DC Premiums have popped up for sale which I am sure is due to this thread.

Not really. Acdc has been out for a long time now. They were hard to find when they sold in the $6k's with mods. Folks kept acdc because it is a good game. Value wise it was a great game in the $6ks compared to stuff that was coming out for higher prices so why sell? If you were on the fence if you sold it it be hard to get back, so the on the fence folks just kept theirs. The Prem is really an LE today. Easy!

Then in the last few months the upper $7k sales started. The ones on the fence are starting to let theirs go, but many folks are sitting. Like most of the owners. The ones who were on the fence are selling them because they can sell them quick and painlessly now in the $7k's. I had mine for a couple of years and sold. It was time. The current buyers are not getting a bad deal for a top 10ish game with deep rules and a lot going on on the playfield. Compare a modded Prem acdc to an LE today and acdc is a better package. IMHO.

Now the VE people really have to keep their expectations in check not that it may happen, but what will the game be like? Like do you really think Stern will put out the same Prem with a new Backglass and a LCD screen for $7200?! Seriously? There is just to much on the playfield. Let's review - 8 drop targets, Cannon, dancing band, swinging bell, real lit up train, red armor, oh almost forgot a lower play field?! So at current pricing you get all this and add say a shaker, color DMD, undercab lighting, FF sub and maybe a powdercoated apron for say $7800ish. Not cheap by any means but not a bad price for what you get. Stern will charge $9000 for that game with all that stuff. Maybe stern will surprise us and I hope they do, but I know where my money would go on a bet.

That is if it happens - if. Always interesting to talk about.

#187 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Not really. Acdc has been out for a long time now. They were hard to find when they sold in the $6k's with mods. Folks kept acdc because it is a good game. Value wise it was a great game in the $6ks compared to stuff that was coming out for higher prices so why sell? If you were on the fence if you sold it it be hard to get back, so the on the fence folks just kept theirs. The Prem is really an LE today. Easy!
Then in the last few months the upper $7k sales started. The ones on the fence are starting to let theirs go, but many folks are sitting. Like most of the owners. The ones who were on the fence are selling them because they can sell them quick and painlessly now in the $7k's. I had mine for a couple of years and sold. It was time. The current buyers are not getting a bad deal for a top 10ish game with deep rules and a lot going on on the playfield. Compare a modded Prem acdc to an LE today and acdc is a better package. IMHO.
Now the VE people really have to keep their expectations in check not that it may happen, but what will the game be like? Like do you really think Stern will put out the same Prem with a new Backglass and a LCD screen for $7200?! Seriously? There is just to much on the playfield. Let's review - 8 drop targets, Cannon, dancing band, swinging bell, real lit up train, red armor, oh almost forgot a lower play field?! So at current pricing you get all this and add say a shaker, color DMD, undercab lighting, FF sub and maybe a powdercoated apron for say $7800ish. Not cheap by any means but not a bad price for what you get. Stern will charge $9000 for that game with all that stuff. Maybe stern will surprise us and I hope they do, but I know where my money would go on a bet.
That is if it happens - if. Always interesting to talk about.

Bet all of Pinside - If the AC/DC vault is less than $9000 you give everyone a dollar. Done. It will be less than $7700 street.

#188 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Bet all of Pinside - If the AC/DC vault is less than $9000 you give everyone a dollar. Done.

No no. Same pin with a $1000 with of mods on top of it. And everyone gets a doll hair.

And didn't you promise me a VE since Stern had the license a year and half ago.

#189 6 years ago

Even if Stern sells NIB for $7700 street... the currently highly modded games (selling in that range) are a good deal.

If this game is really real, It will be interesting to watch the collecting community eat itself alive trying to buy it.

#190 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Even if Stern sells NIB for $7700 street... the currently highly modded games (selling in that range) are a good deal.
If this game is really real, It will be interesting to watch the collecting community eat itself alive trying to buy it.

Or a bunch of folks will be waiting with $6000 in their hands for the originals with $1000 in mods. Or try at least.

#191 6 years ago

If that's what happens... so be it. Truth is... even if NIB costs $7700... you could dump $500-$1000 in mods and it will easily become a $8500 machine.

With Stern quality hitting the crapper and materials cheapening, there's a good chance the originals will end up feeling better made.

#192 6 years ago

Man you guys need to get over the whole Mod thing and just enjoy playing pinball. $1000....wtf

#193 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Man you guys need to get over the whole Mod thing and just enjoy playing pinball. $1000....wtf

While I generally agree... there were some key mods for AC/DC (especially the pinbits lightning bolts) that make the game that much better.

#194 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

While I generally agree... there were some key mods for AC/DC (especially the pinbits lightning bolts) that make the game that much better.

Always respect you nast but no...no mods add up to anywhere near that. But I'm just one kind of collector of course.

#195 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Colordmd (if supported) is always the #1 mod in my opinion.

Quoted from Mike_J:

I've been on the fence about selling my Luci for quite a while now because I just don't really enjoy it anymore. The whole tour and album date rules are just too esoteric to be enjoyable (for me) and the songs were never as balanced as they could have been. Don't get me wrong, I think the idea of the songs having different scoring rules is fun, but some songs like BIB just suck they way it is now.

Rob

#196 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I've been on the fence about selling my Luci for quite a while now because I just don't really enjoy it anymore. The whole tour and album date rules are just too esoteric to be enjoyable (for me) and the songs were never as balanced as they could have been. Don't get me wrong, I think the idea of the songs having different scoring rules is fun, but some songs like BIB just suck they way it is now.
Rob

Same here,sold my luci,no regrets.
Will get me a pro though..fun machine but not for that kind of money.
My luci sold for 8850 and i was happy to take that number.

#197 6 years ago

What does a NIB Luci go for these days? If one was to be found?

#198 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Always respect you nast but no...no mods add up to anywhere near that. But I'm just one kind of collector of course.

You're right, of course... mods aren't necessary to make a game more fun. They can kick up the interactive experience, tho. Lots of good ones in that realm for AC/DC...

Different strokes for different folks

#199 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Bet all of Pinside - If the AC/DC vault is less than $9000 you give everyone a dollar. Done. It will be less than $7700 street.

If it ever materialises, I think you'll be waiting a long time to find out. No way ACDC is one of the next two VEs ... by that stage, who knows how bat shit prices will be ... or maybe there will be a massive bust by then and proces will fall back.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
There are 280 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-run-of-acdc/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.