IMG_20170113_084920136 (resized).jpg
nooooooooooo (resized).jpg
20170307_171619 (resized).jpg
20170307_171922 (resized).jpg
20170307_172148 (resized).jpg
20170307_172137 (resized).jpg
20170307_171629 (resized).jpg
20170307_172052 (resized).jpg
There are 280 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Pro is GREAT, super fast and no lower PF

Yeah who needs all that extra stuff.... I do!

Rob

#52 7 years ago

Seriously, I think if they did another run of premiums that they would be priced higher than regular premiums. There's a lot of toys in that game, probably the most of any recent Stern. But, this isn't like IMVE where there was demand because they didn't make many of the original. There's a tonne of ACDC premiums out there. Now if Lyman updated the code even further, that would drive demand higher.

Rob

#53 7 years ago

Fine by me as long as they don't run any more LUCIs

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Fine by me as long as they don't run any more LUCIs

Why? It's not like that was a limited edition. They'll be cranking those out soon! Better sell yours.

#55 7 years ago

Last I heard, AC/DC was in a dispute with Brian Johnson, so much that Angus was going out of his way to exclude him from any further monies related to AC/DC.

I would love to see all new artwork on an AC/DC! Could you imagine hand drawn art from Dirty Donny on this machine with a Luci or Devil theme?

Question is, how many machines would they really sell? It was one of their best sellers, so there's a lot of machines out there.. I kind of equate this to the Spiderman release, people are paying a good price for them but how many will people really snap up at the new Premium pricing when most have owned it or do own it already?

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Last I heard, AC/DC was in a dispute with Brian Johnson, so much that Angus was going out of his way to exclude him from any further monies related to AC/DC.
I would love to see all new artwork on an AC/DC! Could you imagine hand drawn art from Dirty Donny on this machine with a Luci or Devil theme?
Question is, how many machines would they really sell? It was one of their best sellers, so there's a lot of machines out there.. I kind of equate this to the Spiderman release, people are paying a good price for them but how many will people really snap up at the new Premium pricing when most have owned it or do own it already?

More than bought Kiss and Mustang combined!

#57 7 years ago

Another run of Luci?
From a collector's point of view regarding rarity it is bad ,players point of view: awesome!

#58 7 years ago

how about a code update so the song doesn't restart if ball drains!!!!! dont care about the factor of new ones made making pricing change, my premium aint going nowhere

#59 7 years ago

I had a lot of fun on the pro the dozen or more times I've played it. Dare I say I had more fun than the premium I owned? Not sure If the game is worth the inflated premium price for me personally, but I just might be down for a pro if they replace the hideous angus face.

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from PinsideTroll:

how about a code update so the song doesn't restart if ball drains!!!!! dont care about the factor of new ones made making pricing change, my premium aint going nowhere

I really wish BIB was fixed to be only 1 lit target, not the whole target bank to qualify the notes. That is my #1 pet peeve in the game.

Rob

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Is there any other decal option to cover the Angus face besides sexy devil lady?

The new one will have Axl Rose instead of Angus.

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Don't bother me none!
Every AC/DC fan knows that's an absolutely iconic image from the highway to hell over.

Sure, but it doesn't match the rest of the art at all, and it's got the black outline around it in the exact shape of the lower playfield window. This was the first time they did a massively different Pro...started with the LE and then stripped away, and it shows. They've learned from that - look at Aerosmith Pro. Looks cohesive and complete, you wouldn't know anything was "missing".

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sure, but it doesn't match the rest of the art at all, and it's got the black outline around it in the exact shape of the lower playfield window. This was the first time they did a massively different Pro...started with the LE and then stripped away, and it shows. They've learned from that - look at Aerosmith Pro. Looks cohesive and complete, you wouldn't know anything was "missing".

I don't consider ACDC to have a great art package regardless. It is in your face, tacky, clashes with itself, and reminds me of a spencer's gift with everything turned on.

Big Angus face don't bother me. I'd buy a pro at a reasonable price over a prem.

#64 7 years ago

I strongly believe that the next 3 VE will be AC/DC, LOTR, and Tron. The current market prices on those machines prove that the demand is greater than the supply. There is no way that stern will produce a vault edition of the pro. It is missing too much from the premium and most people like the premium of AC/DC far more than they do the pro. Remaking the lessor version just does not make much sense. It would be like remaking the pro Tron. It will be a limited run, probably just under 8k, and hopefully will include the new color screens with new video etc...
I know people that own them will not be happy, but the resale value of pre-owned machines is of no value to stern outside of giving them a great measure of which games are in need of another run. I would say that POTC is not very far behind from the 3 machines that I listed. I will be buying each one regardless of the order that they come out in, however if I were a betting man, I would put my money on AC/DC being first. the only way I do not buy it is if they somehow decide not to include a lower play field. I am sure most collectors would be in the same boat as me, and in that case the value of the value of the premium machines out there would increase even more.
Just my two cents...

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Interesting if true. I'll take a pro!
Why doesn't anybody like the pro?

The Premium is more then just the mini play field. Color changing LED's bring a added element to the different song modes. The Swinging newton bell with the scoop is cool. Even the Train is much better on the premium. The ball coming off the drops instead of the death standup makes an already brutal game a little more predictable. There are only a couple versions out there where the premium is a major upgrade over the Pro & ACDC is one of them.

#66 7 years ago

Bring on the $8K Vault. Or even the $12K Super Duper AC/DC.

I'm happy with my current machine.

#67 7 years ago

Helen is the best AC/DC art package.

IMG_0335 (resized).JPGIMG_0335 (resized).JPG

#68 7 years ago

Pro is better due to scoring balance.

Try to play Hell's Bells all day on the pro.

#69 7 years ago

This is not news, everyone that knows anything, knows this is being redone. It will also get new art. People who state it is not happening are flat out foolish. The entire BS about ACDC and Stern was completely blow out of proportion and was not as bad as people stated. Follow the money!

#70 7 years ago

I don't understand two things:

1) why would any current owners care? You have your game and you get to enjoy it.

2) why are current non-owners so excited? Plenty of AC/DC machines come up for sale. They aren't unobtanium... and if you think prices are crazy for modded Premium machines, just wait until you see the prices Stern is going to ask for unmodded NIB machines. It's not going to be pretty. Remember: they aren't re-running games out of kindness. They are doing it to make money and will go to great lengths to gouge the hell out of the market.

To anyone buying a new Stern, you are absolutely guaranteed one thing: your machine does not have value as a collectible. Which is weird to say since Stern markets some of their new machines as collectibles, but they are not. The days of the 90s when the industry was driven by the demands of the operator market (which limited runs for market reasons) are OVER. Collectibility during that decade (and decades prior) was unknowingly created.

Now?

Now, nothing is collectable. The consumer market is driving the show. Any time you buy a Modern Stern you can never assume you're going to have something (a) unique by numbers or (b) that won't be re-run. And if it's re-run, you can bet the bank that there's a good chance it will be modified in some way that makes it more desirable.

The collector market used to have a solid base created by simple supply and demand. The original supply was a known entity (at least the upper limit numbers were known) and pricing was driven by demand. Now, company's are creating collectibility on their own, and market pricing is being driven by the company making the machines.

It's a house of cards, folks. It's the equivalent of those ridiculous "special edition" mint coins that you see for sale on late night TV.

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I think it's Angus's face. The lower playfield on the Premium isn't worth the upgrade. Actually, I tried to avoid it.
The Pro is solid.

what this guy said.......

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from PinBallMagician:

Helen is the best AC/DC art package.

They need to get the Helen art package approved, seriously.

#73 7 years ago

I really don't see this happening in the near future. Stern usually does not like to compete with themselves. They just released Aerosmith, why would they even think about a AC/DC vault to take away from potential sales for Aerosmith. I could be wrong but it seems highly unlikely.

#74 7 years ago

I own a LTBR and if they came out with new and interesting art I would think about a new Premium if it was available. I love the machine, the way it plays and the music but the clip art is disappointing by today's standards.

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I really don't see this happening in the near future. Stern usually does not like to compete with themselves. They just released Aerosmith, why would they even think about a AC/DC vault to take away from potential sales for Aerosmith. I could be wrong but it seems highly unlikely.

Agree.

No way it happens whilst they still have Metallica and Aerosmith on the books. Once they drop off, there's a definite possibility ... but Aerosmith is new and supposedly they've extended the Metallica license as it continues to sell so well (decent code is a funny thing, huh?).

I'd assume that, whilst they still have the license for KISS, they've pretty much written off any significant future sales at this point so it's likely a non-factor.

As a LUCI owner, if it means they'll finally polish up the code and use currently useless inserts, I'd be all for it. 3 years now since last code was released. But, 1) for the above reasons I think it's unlikely at the moment and 2) I don't think a VE is any guarantee of code upgrades, given recent form.

#76 7 years ago

i own a premium and i would be happy if there is another run of AC/DC machines.
i have bought this wonderful machine not for making money but for having fun.
so i hope that Lyman will then finish and improve the code to 110% ( it was told that there is no code update because the license has run out )

#77 7 years ago

I'm only excited for this if they do a new hand-drawn art package. ACDC is a great pin and deserves to have Zombie Yeti or Dirty Donnie custom hand drawn artwork on it! Please Stern, hand-drawn art only for all pins going forward (including VE's)!

I'm predicting that Star Wars will be Zombie Yeti and hand-drawn and amazing! All of the other Star Wars pins were hand drawn so it would only make sense.

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

they've extended the Metallica license as it continues to sell so well (decent code is a funny thing, huh?).

Not right to call Metallica "decent code" - it's one of the best coded games in existence.
It's much more like "Great Code is a funny thing, huh?"

#79 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'm predicting that Star Wars will be Zombie Yeti and hand-drawn and amazing! All of the other Star Wars pins were hand drawn so it would only make sense.

I'd bet you are wrong...it's as "licensed" as it gets and Star Wars is gonna be a batman-style collagathon. I can't imagine Disney just handing the IP over and saying "go to town, bros!" With a little luck it may be "hand-drawn" but I'd think it would come from in-house sources.

#80 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'd bet you are wrong...it's as "licensed" as it gets and Star Wars is gonna be a batman-style collagathon. I can't imagine Disney just handing the IP over and saying "go to town, bros!" With a little luck it may be "hand-drawn" but I'd think it would come from in-house sources.

What if they got the World's top pinball artist to do it like they did for DE SW. Disney couldn't possibly turn that opportunity down.

#81 7 years ago

Wow that guy is full of himself!

Quoted from MikeS:

What if they got the World's top pinball artist to do it like they did for DE SW. Disney couldn't possibly turn that opportunity down.
» YouTube video

#82 7 years ago

I like the cut of that guy's jib!

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Not right to call Metallica "decent code" - it's one of the best coded games in existence.
It's much more like "Great Code is a funny thing, huh?"

I don't think there is anything intrinsically special about it, it's just that most of the efforts at Stern have been either very lacking or very late ... and whilst it's good now, Metallica still falls into the very late bracket, given its state at release and for a good while after.

Its state now should be a norm.

Anyway, that wasn't the point of my post, but I do think Keith Johnson and Ted Estes are doing better work at JJP ... but then, they're probably also being given the time, resources and general support to achieve what they have.

#84 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Anyway, that wasn't the point of my post, but I do think Keith Johnson and Ted Estes are doing better work at JJP ... but then, they're probably also being given the time, resources and general support to achieve what they have.

Yeah, they are being given about 4 years per game.

But then, at some point, you have to ask if it's worth it when you can only put out one title per presidential administration.

#85 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Don't bother me none!
Every AC/DC fan knows that's an absolutely iconic image from the highway to hell over.

Doesn't bother me either. I always loved that image. However, I would rather play the premium.

#86 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't consider ACDC to have a great art package regardless. It is in your face, tacky, clashes with itself, and reminds me of a spencer's gift with everything turned on.
Big Angus face don't bother me. I'd buy a pro at a reasonable price over a prem.

Big Angus vs. lower playfield isn't a factor. It's the drops, the killer swinging bell, and most importantly the color-changing inserts.

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Interesting if true. I'll take a pro!
Why doesn't anybody like the pro?

The pro is great too, but I think the edge goes to the premium/LE because of the way the bell reacts and redirects the ball. For me, this is the main reason I went with the premium. bell is much safer of a shot with a lot more control.

#88 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

I heard from a distributor that it is not happening again.
Who knows who is correct? Im never selling mine.

Up for trades?

#89 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

» YouTube video

While his backglasses are great, the playfield art is seriously lacking in many aspects.

#90 7 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Big Angus vs. lower playfield isn't a factor. It's the drops, the killer swinging bell, and most importantly the color-changing inserts.

Premium is definitely better for the reasons you listed. I also like the red trim!

For money and gameplay value, the Pro is a solid game, though.

#91 7 years ago

He said no Tron Vault in the video too. Someone asked that question and he said "No more Tron".

#92 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMagnet:

He said no Tron Vault in the video too. Someone asked that question and he said "No more Tron".

Yah right. Everything is on the table for remakes, its really just a matter of when. Its also suspect that this guy would be leaking this info since it only would serve to cannibalize on their current runs. If I'm considering a Aerosmith, but now hear that an ACDC VE is coming up in the near future and I may want that title more, then I might just hold my cash and wait for it. This has never really been Sterns style in the past.

Does anyone have a link to this video?

#93 7 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Yah right. Everything is on the table for remakes, its really just a matter of when. Its also suspect that this guy would be leaking this info since it only would serve to cannibalize on their current runs. If I'm considering a Aerosmith, but now hear that an ACDC VE is coming up in the near future and I may want that title more, then I might just hold my cash and wait for it. This has never really been Sterns style in the past.
Does anyone have a link to this video?

This is total BS....No Stern employee would talk about games that have not yet been announced. Another bullshit thread.

#94 7 years ago
Quoted from Manny10:

I strongly believe that the next 3 VE will be AC/DC, LOTR, and Tron.

I strongly believe you're wrong.

I'm hearing it might be something that rhymes with "Talking Fred" with comic book art.

#95 7 years ago

Except LOTR and TWD, I'm not interested in another Stern run with eventually a LCD display.

Acdc is a nice pin but I really dislike the gameplay. Anyways it is a good news for the fans

#96 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I strongly believe you're wrong.
I'm hearing it might be something that rhymes with "Talking Fred" with comic book art.

Whoa that would be weird considering they are still making them. Would they quit making the show version and the next day announce the comic version?

It would look great but you would lose the awesome music.

#97 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Whoa that would be weird considering they are still making them. Would they quit making the show version and the next day announce the comic version?
It would look great but you would lose the awesome music.

Is any of the music actually from the show? The voices certainly aren't.

#98 7 years ago

The theme is the main tune.

#99 7 years ago

If Stern does this (specifically: re-release TWD with new art): foolish. They're quickly going to create a scenario where collectors will be gunshy on paying top dollar for what they perceive to be special/exclusive releases only to be one-upped a year or two later by another version of the same game.

And, by the way, the art doesn't change how these games play. If you're a player collector, all of this art silliness is just that: silly.

Stern is becoming the master at throwing up smoke to help control cash of hobbyists. Great way to keep money from flowing to other manufacturers

#100 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

If Stern does this: foolish. They're quickly going to create a scenario where collectors will be gunshy on paying top dollar for what they perceive to be special/exclusive releases only to be one-upped a year or two later by another version of the same game.

Like Iron Man?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 12.95
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

16,500 (Firm)
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 280 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-run-of-acdc/page/2?hl=pinmagnet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.