image_(resized).jpeg
elvira_guitar_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
DSCN4409_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider volunteerpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 8 years ago

Dude I'm in Knoxville which is about an hour to Dollywood. I would love to host you for a night with a nice home cooked meal if you'd like. Let me know if that could work in your schedule. Shoot me a pm.

1 week later
#212 8 years ago

Ahhh...Cedar Point. That is one FINE place for coasters. My mom lives in Sandusky and I will be visiting Cedar Point this summer. Really would love to see you in Knoxville if you can fit us in.

3 weeks later
#572 8 years ago

Hope you have a great time at Dollywood today. Not sure if they ever got the new rollercoaster available yet...had some permit hold up or something. Drewblood told me you might be swinging through Knoxville tomorrow. I might be covered up in the afternoon as I might be heading to the University of TN Orange vs. White 'game'. It is an annual free game/situation-based scrimmage for the Vols. Pretty fun and is all free. Starts at 2PM and probably goes a couple of hours.

If you really want to kill the day, the Blue Angels are flying Saturday and Sunday but I think it is pretty much and possibly an all-day event. It is free except for parking. They are expecting some 400,000 people which is why I'm not going. I've seen them before and they are absolutely amazing. Just don't feel like killing my entire day to do it. You can Google more info by searching for 'Knoxville Air Show'.

If you have time we can either make up some ribs or I can smoke some pork on the Big Green Egg for Saturday evening. Happy to put you up for a night too if you need it. Just let me know.

Either way, I hope I get the chance to meet you guys tomorrow.

Darin

#574 8 years ago

Good call. Gotta get those hashbrowns covered, smothered, chunked, etc.

#608 8 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

good thing you guys are headed to Darin's tomorrow he's an Ophthalmologist. And it looks like I'll be able to make it over there after all for a bit tomorrow night Although we might stand a chance playing against you without your glasses

I don't have the tools at home to fix glasses. Is the material actually broken or did the little screw come out? If the material is broken I'd recommend the glue solution. If just a screw I'd go to a glasses shop and have them fix them. Worst case scenario is going to LensCrafters in a mall and getting a quick exam and 1-hour glasses made. That would probably be pretty expensive ($300-400 maybe more depending on the frames and the prescription).

Anyhow, looking forward to seeing you tonight. Got ribs, fries, baked beans, coleslaw and blackberry cobbler on the menu.

Maybe we'll even save you a rib or two, Andy, for when you make it over later.

#625 8 years ago

RD, we had an absolute blast with you and your family last night! I hope to see you again sometime...maybe in Australia...err I mean New Zealand! We'll bring the sheep. Remember, it was $31 per sheep as the agreed up on price.

Amy will fit right in I'm sure with her outstanding accent.

#628 8 years ago

I think we might have left a few of those gluten free beers in the fridge too...should have grabbed those and some ribs. Would of made a heck of a breakfast this morning.

Seriously though, I'd grab that Cracker Barrel right by your hotel this morning. Good stuff and lots of it.

#634 8 years ago
Quoted from Danni_NZ:

Got a pretty good score last night on WOZ. Except it burnt my retinas out and then I had to have a break. I believe that going from 'Lights Out' mode to 'Muchikin' mode (or the actual real name of it) is a terrible idea.
image_(resized).jpeg

Danni, you were an absolute pleasure and must have had a magical touch on the WOZ which hasn't been working great lately with some intermittent electrical issues. So glad it was playable for you!

#796 8 years ago

It was great meeting you and your family. I've already put the bug in Amy's ear about trying to make it to TPF next year. Hard sell but if Fiona is there I might be able to finagle it.

Have a safe trip home.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider volunteerpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-rotordave-usa-travel-odyssey-thread?tu=volunteerpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.