image_(resized).jpeg
elvira_guitar_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
DSCN4409_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#569 8 years ago

Love the toothpick. Spot on.

#581 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Had some Waffle House on the Route 66 trip. Cheap! May well hit the place again this time ...
rd

Now bonus points if you can find a Huddle House to eat at

The Waffle House cartel has nearly run them out of a lot of areas.

#601 8 years ago
Quoted from Danni_NZ:

For those who probably don't wonder why I am not usually wearing my handy dandy glasses...
image_(resized).jpg
Has anyone else with glasses just had one of the arms... Just kind of come off? No more pinball for me now. I can't see

Yes, i have had that happen.

jb-weld_(resized).jpgjb-weld_(resized).jpg

#606 8 years ago

Ha, that's awesome. In retrospect though, i should have suggested jb kwik. It's not tough enough for an engine block like jb weld but still pretty tough and sets up in a few hours as opposed to the ridiculous amount of time that jb weld takes.

#687 8 years ago

Except maybe also add a humidifier in the car...kind of like a tropical greenhouse.

The humidity is what makes it really miserable in the southeastern US, imo. Southwest is hot too, but still somehow preferable to me in the summer.

#709 8 years ago

I dont eat there often. in high school i knew a few of the guys that worked in the kitchen at the local one and just got out of the habit because they weren't someone i would want touching my food
Cheesesticks are good though and I definitely would suggest a cherry limeaid. Quite yummy and not too difficult to make at home.

.....also, good with vodka.

#712 8 years ago

Yeah, usually its amusing enough to hear the views that people from other people parts of the country have of us here in "the South" so it's certainly even more interesting to see it through the lens of Dave and Co.

Disclaimer: though i use the term "us," i have all my teeth and enjoy neither Nascar nor country music.

#717 8 years ago

Glad to hear you've enjoyed it. Personally, it's really been fun for me to follow this thread. Almost like a mini-vacation since you guys have been to quite a few places I've never been either. Living vicariously or what have you

Also, I think you're right that the people who've actually visited the southeast generally have more positive things to say as opposed to those who just get the media portrayals. Hey, if nothing else, the food is usually pretty good.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-rotordave-usa-travel-odyssey-thread?tu=nman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.