image_(resized).jpeg
elvira_guitar_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
DSCN4409_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blue95.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#60 8 years ago

Looks like a great trip

1 week later
#210 8 years ago
Quoted from Danni_NZ:

Also:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mikeynicholson/canned-cheese-should-not-be-a-thing#.vnPQOYwpr
Funny article about the differences between Australia (and New Zealand, too) and America. It's funny because it's true.

WTF is the go with the high tide toilets over there? If I moved there I would have to take a regular toilet with me and get it installed.

#281 8 years ago
Quoted from Danni_NZ:

Yay! Someone else who notices! I'm not the only one...
This is the best example I could find. Unfortunately it was an Aussie one, but it'll work for the point I'm making.
image_(resized).jpeg
Other than the fact that it has the nice blue thing in it, can you see that this is better, so then there isn't any splash back?! May I use an example of an American toilet, to contrast the last one.
image_(resized).jpeg
With a beautiful red line to define where the water sits, we see in this toilet the sheer volume of water. When water could be saved, it is used, only to be splashed everywhere. It is quite inconvenient for the conventional person. May we agree that Aussie and Kiwi toilets are designed in a user-friendly way, that allows the user to not be splashed on the butt by backlash?!
And yes, I do have too much time on my hands - as well as the fact I ain't going to sleep any time soon

I'm happy that I'm not the only person that finds the water level disturbing.

1 week later
#455 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

It's funny when we go out to eat ... We order 3 small meals (usually salads or starters) and the server is like "what do you want for entrees?" And we say "ummm that's all ..." And it freaks them out totally haha
rd

I once ordered 2 slices of buttered toast at a Denny's in Texas to put my Vegemite on. The server was fairly confused that that was all I wanted.

#518 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

That can be applied to so many other things too. Never judge a book by the cover ...
However in the material world we live in today, some people think if a place looks "dated" or the prices are cheap that's what the place is. Style over substance. I started running into this line of snobbery about 10 years ago in my furniture business ... I knew when that started happening, retail would never be the same and I got out of it.
We see the same in this hobby too ... So many guys (esp new guys) think if a game is expensive, it means it's good. That is generally not the case.
rd

One of the best fried chicken places we went to was Coop's in Charlotte, didn't look as flash as some others, but was great.

#524 8 years ago

I wonder if Brett and Naiomi practice this at home?

1 week later
#624 8 years ago

Did you check out the Wigspere in Knoxville?

#731 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

When they come to New Zealand?

- toilets with less than 100 gallons of water in them

rd

I find the high-tide toilets disturbing, no half flush or full with them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.50
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blue95.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-rotordave-usa-travel-odyssey-thread?tu=blue95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.