Topic Stats

• 843 posts
  • 129 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by freezie
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 427 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
multi-highkicks_(resized).jpg
highkickinthenuts_(resized).jpg
beverly_(resized).jpg
download_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
elvira_guitar_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
DSCN4409_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

There are 843 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 17.
#401 3 years ago

OK...how about Knoebels, an hour from Hershey? Probably not.

Too bad as it's a great place in the woods and has two of the best wooden coasters in the world.

A bit out of your way but you might consider a trip to Lake Compounce, home of possibly THE greatest wooden coaster in the world, Boulderdash. And they are open weekends this month:

https://www.lakecompounce.com/hours-and-directions/calendar

Frankly you aren't missing much with Dorney, nothing there is better than what they have at Hershey.

#402 3 years ago

El Toro would be one of the best coasters I've ridden. I would say its have to be 12-15 stories high, fast as hell, heaps of air time, and really smooth too.

Must have used a whole forest of lumber to make it!

rd

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#403 3 years ago

Wow - what a drop on that coaster - that'd get some speed up after that!

#404 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballNZ:

Wow - what a drop on that coaster - that'd get some speed up after that!

It hauls ass!!!

rd

#405 3 years ago

Just watched the youtube video of it. - What an awesome coaster!

#406 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballNZ:

Just watched the youtube video of it. - What an awesome coaster!

Just had a second ride on El Toro.

First ride was front row ... Awesome.

Second ride was back row. More awesomer.

rd

#407 3 years ago

Whipped through all the coasters today with hardly any wait at all. The coasters that got the second rides were El Toro and Superman (Metal flying coaster).

Pretty much all the rides were sweet, except the two indoor dark coaster which were lame.

Otherwise, 2 thumbs up!!

(A third thumb up for the WANGER sign).

rd

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#408 3 years ago

If only someone would build one like that in NZ- We have enough hills/ mountains and trees.......

#409 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballNZ:

If only someone would build one like that in NZ- We have enough hills/ mountains and trees.......

But not enough population or money.

Don't forget most of these East Coast parks are only open 1/2 the year ... And they still crank in the cash.

rd

#410 3 years ago

Yes , population is everything ( cash through the door)

#411 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Holy crap, that thing reminds me of the Fiery Fist-O-Pain on Spongebob. It's ridiculous.
Yes, I have kids...
FistOPain_(resized).png

SPONGEBOB IS THE BEST!!! NUMBER 1!!!

I like it a lot.

image_(resized).jpeg

Sorry, sorry. Off topic. But yeah.

image_(resized).jpeg

#412 3 years ago

Walmart scooters are the shit!!

rd

#413 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

What were your lap times?

#414 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballkim:

What were your lap times?

Exceedingly slow. Yet pleasingly efficient.

rd

#415 3 years ago

See below for the story. I'm lazy. Boo hoo.

But we went to a small village near Centralia (and then to Centralia) and other than the fantastic spray painted art of male privates, the houses were all old and some of them were cute

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#416 3 years ago

As Danni said above (beating the old man to the punch...) today we left Six Flags in Jackson, and drove to HersheyPark in Pennsylvania. We decided to take a longer route via a place called Centralia which we had seen a documentary about ... More about that shortly.

Saw this sign on the way. Unfortunately, Danni was in the car so I couldn't take advantage of this generous offer .....

rd

image_(resized).jpeg

#417 3 years ago

So as I was saying, we drove to Centralia. This place was a prosperous coal mine town, until the underground mines caught fire in the 1960s. The fire gave off carbon monoxide so eventually everyone had to leave or was forced to leave by the government. Except for 7 people who refused to leave. They're the last two houses standing.

Anyway, you can read about it here if you want to:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centralia_mine_fire

There were a few people around checking out the graffitied abandoned highway, and some guys on 4 wheelers doing skids in a pond by the highway. All the streets are still there ... Quite eerie how everything was just gone, like it never existed. No Centralia signs anywhere, as the town has no Zip code so officially it doesn't exist. We finally found a sign 2 miles up the road with Centralia on it.

rd

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#418 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

To get the full experience you should either run into someone or block their way, or maybe go back and forth way too many times attempting to turn around. A young child hanging dangerously off of it works too. Bonus points if you are wearing something with the Confederate flag or *ote for *rump!

#419 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

To get the full experience you should either run into someone or block their way, or maybe go back and forth way too many times

I purposely reversed it at full speed into the wall at the "parking bay" ... Does that count?

Unfortunately didn't get that on video but it was faaaarking funny.

rd

#420 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I purposely reversed it at full speed into the wall at the "parking bay" ... Does that count?

If you had a confused look while doing it, I'll count it

#421 3 years ago

Hey Dave. Do you follow Afl? New season just started. Just laid $50 on west coast.

#422 3 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

Hey Dave. Do you follow Afl? New season just started. Just laid $50 on west coast.

You just wasted $50.

#423 3 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

Aerial ping pong? Nope ... I'm a rugby league man.

rd

#424 3 years ago

Yeah they're getting their asses handed to them. I just like to have action on anything. Gives me something to follow latenight on Fridays and Saturdays. Hell I even bet on premier League darts:/
My wife likes the violence of afl.

#425 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

So as I was saying, we drove to Centralia. This place was a prosperous coal mine town, until the underground mines caught fire in the 1960s. The fire gave off carbon monoxide so eventually everyone had to leave or was forced to leave by the government. Except for 7 people who refused to leave. They're the last two houses standing.
Anyway, you can read about it here if you want to:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centralia_mine_fire
There were a few people around checking out the graffitied abandoned highway, and some guys on 4 wheelers doing skids in a pond by the highway. All the streets are still there ... Quite eerie how everything was just gone, like it never existed. No Centralia signs anywhere, as the town has no Zip code so officially it doesn't exist. We finally found a sign 2 miles up the road with Centralia on it.
rd

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

If you make it to the midwest US next trip, you need to go to what's left of Times Beach, Missouri. The Hooker Chemical-Love Canal area in Niagara Falls, New York is an interesting story too. Especially now that the area has been declared "safe" awhile back.

#426 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Especially now that the area has been declared "safe" awhile back.

Is this supposed to be a humorous comment?

(In visioning this. "Hey Marg bring the picnic basket, I found a great spot here on this field".)

#427 3 years ago

Fiona likes HersheyPark. It is fackkkkkkkking freeeeeeeezing man. The wind feels like it is blowing straight off Antartica.

rd

image_(resized).jpeg

#428 3 years ago

Hmmmmmm ....

image_(resized).jpeg

#429 3 years ago

I sure hope he's not a thumb sucker

#430 3 years ago

This weather we are having in the mid-Atlantic region kinda sucks for this time of year.

#431 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

This weather we are having in the mid-Atlantic region kinda sucks for this time of year.

We had the weirdest weather day in Chicago yesterday, Blizzard to sunny repeatedly all day

#432 3 years ago

Well, the visit to HersheyPark to ride coasters was a bit of a wash. We got there at 10am opening time, paid the $100, but all the rides were closed due to the high (and freezing) winds. We rode it out till 12pm but there was no sign of anything working at all. So I went to the office and got a refund. I don't think they give out many refunds so they were good to do it for me. But as I told them, I won't be back in Hershey any time soon.

Bit of a bummer ... The coasters looked good.

rd

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

#433 3 years ago

That is a shame. Not much they can do really they just won't run the coasters in this weather.

Did you happen to see their arcade? Lot's of pinball modern/vintage but the old ones usually are turned off lately.

If you are still there, head over to the Parkside Hotel for some pit beef. It's a biker dive bar right next to the park that's worth checking out for good cheap grub.

Last time I was there they were passing around the DUI summons from one of their regulars.

#434 3 years ago

Love following your thread. Hope to say hi at PAPA. Centrailia is pretty cool and awesome you got to see it. It's creepy driving through there over the past 15 years and seeing less and less houses. It's creepy seeing it when it's winter and the ground is steaming! Glad you guys got to experience it. It's crazy how many people refuse to leave!

#435 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Did you happen to see their arcade? Lot's of pinball modern/vintage but the old ones usually are turned off lately.

Went into an arcade there, didn't see any pins at all ... Maybe there was another one I missed.

rd

#436 3 years ago

It's not too cold down here in east TN definitely t-shirt weather

#437 3 years ago

After we left the park, we went to the National Civil War Museum. Interesting place. You walk through the whole war from start to finish. 1000s of genuine artifacts from the war.

Then we went for a random drive around Harrisburg, which is the Capitol of Pennsylvania. Lots of derelict buildings around, lots of poor areas. Nice state capital building though!

rd

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#438 3 years ago

Ahhh,
So THAT'S what the kids are calling a "Twizzler."
Good to know.

#439 3 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Ahhh,
So THAT'S what the kids are calling a "Twizzler."
Good to know.

"Nimblepin, I'm going to give you a Twizzler"

"Ooooohhhhhaaaaahhaaa" clap clap clap "oooohhhhaaaaahhhhh" clap clap clap

Insider joke there, folks ...

rd

#440 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Hmmmmmm ....

image_(resized).jpeg

Was going to give this post a "thumbs up" Dave , but decided against it ..

#441 3 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

Yeah they're getting their asses handed to them. I just like to have action on anything. Gives me something to follow latenight on Fridays and Saturdays. Hell I even bet on premier League darts:/
My wife likes the violence of afl.

As a multi-continent expat, I think the AFL has some of the best live-sport experience of anything I've watched. The sheer size of the field, the violence, the kicking skills---hugely impressive in person, especially with 50 or 100k people in the crowd. No other field sport could support 18-a-side action, and in AFL there's huge amounts of space.

#442 3 years ago

Say no more ....

rd

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#443 3 years ago

All I can say is "season pass!"

#444 3 years ago

We THRUSTED out to INTERCOURSE today to go check out the Amish dudes.

They were all cruising around in the wet weather in their buggys. We went for a buggy ride out to an Amish farm and back.

After that, we went to an Amish store and got some local made fresh cheese, fresh deli meats (Carl styles!) and crackers and had some Amish snacks for lunch! No added sugar!! Delicious!!

rd

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

#445 3 years ago

Then we drove into Lancaster for a look see.

Town was established 1729, one of the oldest in the USA, so lots of history around here.

I think some of the roads were last paved in 1729 as well, they were faaaaarking shocking! I thought the suspension was going to fall off the rental car.

rd

image_(resized).jpeg

#446 3 years ago

We're going to start an Amish colony in So Cal.

#447 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

We're going to start an Amish colony in So Cal.

Good move.

Nimblepin wanted to move to my 7 acres in Pukekohe and set up a commune, we could easily go full Amish. Horses for all.

rd

#448 3 years ago

I don't always drink beer, but when I do .... Dos Equis!!!

Fiona had 2 huge margaritas and now she is giggling uncontrollably ....

It's funny when we go out to eat ... We order 3 small meals (usually salads or starters) and the server is like "what do you want for entrees?" And we say "ummm that's all ..." And it freaks them out totally haha

rd

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

#449 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Nimblepin wanted to move to my 7 acres in Pukekohe and set up a commune, we could easily go full Amish. Horses for all.

Probably too small a parcel to build New Zealand's premier amusement park so good idea!

#450 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Good move.
rd

No pinball without electricity though. Maybe the '20's & early '30's stuff....

Weird when driving in Amish or similar sect areas mainly in Ohio & Pennsylvania where you'll see power lines along the roads with triplex leads going to homes and then you'll see homes with no wires going to them. Drive by at night and you'll see candlelight only.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 62.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 21.00
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
€ 222.00
Cabinet - Decals
Buthamburg
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 15.95
$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
There are 843 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 17.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside