image_(resized).jpeg
elvira_guitar_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
DSCN4409_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

There are 843 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 17.
#351 8 years ago
Quoted from genex:

keep an eye out for black squirrels - they are kinda rare but exist!

New Canaan Connecticut has them. I dated a girl there and was always amazed at the black and red squirrels in her yard very regularly.

Is it too early in the year for the pigeon attacks? Dave has not mentioned seeing huge flocks of city-chickens. Or the guys who run around and stomp them with army boot to freak out the tourists and people who feed them.

#352 8 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Manhattan on a cloudy day is better picture than Hoboken on a clear sunny day!!!

Oooooh burn!!

Hoboken was quite cute. And everything was much cheaper than NYC. it was like visiting a little town on Route 66 rather than something that was a few miles from NYC.

rd

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#353 8 years ago

How much longer you all in NY?

#354 8 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

How much longer you all in NY?

We leave on Friday.

rd

#355 8 years ago

\m/

#356 8 years ago

First up tonight were Lost Legacy. Older dudes .. They were OK.

Then came Hatchet. Young dudes from the Bay Area. They went pretty hard, they even got a circle pit going.

rd

#357 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Oooooh burn!!
Hoboken was quite cute. And everything was much cheaper than NYC. it was like visiting a little town on Route 66 rather than something that was a few miles from NYC.
rd

Frank Sinatra's hometown....

#358 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

We leave on Friday.

on a plane to Ohare to make sure you arrive in time for the Olympics!!!!!

I knew you would all come to your senses.

#359 8 years ago

Mike Howe would have to be one of the best singers in metal. Despite looking like a guy who works behind the counter at Starbucks, man, can he rip it out. He still sounds 100% the same as he did on the Metal Church albums of the late 80s. Amazing.

If they come to your town, go see them. They are kicking ass. They started with Fake Healer, and it was all good from there. Some old, some new ... Sweet.

rd

#360 8 years ago

Here's a photo for the "wall of photos" when we get home. It was taken through a cube that's down in downtown Mannhattan, not far from the WTC. The red should look cool all blown up to A2 size.

(Picture of the cube attached as well ...)

rd

#361 8 years ago

At Modern Pinball again, playing the last of our competition games for Super League.

Steve Bowden is here ... Here he is demonstrating how the pros get a ball stuck.

rd

#362 8 years ago

Me and Danni have finished now ... Just one game to play on Thursday which is broken today.

Still some life in the old guy yet ... Danni is 17th.

rd

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#363 8 years ago

Francesco bought a pizza for us to share.

It is 3x the size of a kiwi pizza! This would be a good one for you, Brian Shepherd!!

rd

#364 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

on a plane to Ohare to make sure you arrive in time for the Olympics!!!!!
I knew you would all come to your senses.

Six Flags NJ beckons ... Sorry to my buddies up Wisconisin way.

rd

#365 8 years ago

Over the past few days, I have learnt that if you don't like either berries or cherry, you'll be rather stuck trying to get cough mixture!

#366 7 years ago

Went to a sweet BBQ place in Brooklyn tonight ... Fette Sau. Real rustic place in an old building down an alleyway. Got half a pound each of pulled pork, brisket and pork belly. Wowsers. Great stuff.

Really looking forward to the BBQ down Tennessee way.

rd

#367 7 years ago

As well as having pinball machines, Sunshine Laundry is a ... Laundry! You can do two weeks of washing while you're playing in the weekly pinball league. And have a beer as well! Win win win!!

rd

#368 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Six Flags NJ beckons ... Sorry to my buddies up Wisconisin way.
rd

I will LIONMAN! 3 times in thought of you all!

#369 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I will LIONMAN! 3 times in thought of you all!

What? Why are there games like SM, SS, TOM and TAF on top of the machines? (brisket and rolls look great)

#370 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

What? Why are there games like SM, SS, TOM and TAF on top of the machines? (brisket and rolls look great)

No room for them out back I guess!

Not every day you see a Spiderman Black and an Addams Gold sitting on top of washing machines ....

rd

#371 7 years ago

No you don't see that everyday!

#372 7 years ago

As I posted in the Kaneda thread, I got him along to Sunshine tonight, got him registered as an IFPA player and got him playing in his first ever offical comp.

Good on him for coming along! He ended up 19th of 21 in pretty tough competition.

Later we shared a cab back to the city.

rd

#373 7 years ago

The scene in NYC is pretty strong. Almost everyone who was playing tonight was a good player. I was lucky enough to come 4th again this week, same as last week.

I got $15 USD as my prize money. Im going put it into Bonds when I get back home ...

rd

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#374 7 years ago

Is that Franck playing TZ?!?

#375 7 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Is that Franck playing TZ?!?

Thread eject!!!

rd

#376 7 years ago

No soup for you!!!

We went to the Original Soup man today, who the Seinfeld Soup Nazi was based on.

$5 for a 8oz soup, including an apple and a small chocolate.

We got butternut (pumpkin) and jambalaya and they were two of the nicest soups we've had. Two thumbs up!

rd

#377 7 years ago

I'm having a hard time understanding how you went back to Sunshine instead of catching Iron Maiden last night!

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#378 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm having a hard time understanding how you went back to Sunshine instead of catching Iron Maiden last night!

I would have gone ... Because it would have been sweet to have gone to a concert at Madison Square Garden ... But

A/ I have tickets to see them in Auckland on May 1st anyway
B/ we had a shit load of washing to do
C/ I needed to deprive some New Yorker of $15 prize money at Sunshine.

Did you enjoy the gig? Lots of songs off the new record I hear?

rd

#379 7 years ago

No one knows how to vacation like RD!

#380 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Mike Howe would have to be one of the best singers in metal. Despite looking like a guy who works behind the counter at Starbucks, man, can he rip it out. He still sounds 100% the same as he did on the Metal Church albums of the late 80s. Amazing.

Oh, Metal Church. You are living large! I haven't seen them since the 80s, but they were always a top notch act! His hair's a little shorter now...

#381 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I would have gone ... Because it would have been sweet to have gone to a concert at Madison Square Garden ... But
A/ I have tickets to see them in Auckland on May 1st anyway
B/ we had a shit load of washing to do

Did you enjoy the gig? Lots of songs off the new record I hear?
rd

Yeah setlist was a little heavy on the new stuff but honestly I don't care. I'm not the world's biggest Maiden fan and think most of it sounds the same anyway...and they were solid as always and the pyro kept me distracted from the fact there was no Run to the Hills. It was a fun night I always have a good time at Maiden shows. And the NYC event shirts never disappoint...

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#382 7 years ago

Yeah, that's a sweet shirt.

How much are the Maiden shirts here?

My Mac Sabbath one was $15 I think ...

rd

#383 7 years ago

40 clams, bones...greenbacks in the parlance.

Bootleg guys $10 as always but just the standard tour design.

#384 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

40 clams, bones...greenbacks in the parlance.
Bootleg guys $10 as always but just the standard tour design.

Yeah, an offical shirt like that for a big band like Maiden in NZ is gonna be $40 NZ bucks. Long time since I bought one as I have a drawer full of T Shirts I don't wear already.

rd

#385 7 years ago

You get the bootleg shirt and wash it once, then you can throw it away.

#386 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You get the bootleg shirt and wash it once, then you can throw it away.

After one wash, the transfer comes off anyway.

rd

#387 7 years ago

That's what happened to my bargain World Series shirts the year the Angels won it all. Oh, that was a good year.... We went to games 2,6, and 7. They weren't going to be denied.

#388 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yeah, an offical shirt like that for a big band like Maiden in NZ is gonna be $40 NZ bucks. Long time since I bought one as I have a drawer full of T Shirts I don't wear already.

As crazy as $40 for a t-shirt sounds. I wear the shi* out of a good t-shirt that I like.

#389 7 years ago

Had a good night at Modern Pinball Superleague tonight.

Started at 630, Greg, Eric, Arthur and I snuck next door to the pub for a few drinks beforehand. Danni and I stayed there for a meal too, I recommend the place. The local guys were all playing in the weekly league, so we had an hour and a half to fill before the Superleague finals started.

They run the finals a little like Pingolf .. First to start a multiball wins. If you both start a multiball on say Ball 2, the higher score wins. If nobody starts a multiball, the highest score wins at the end of the game. Best of 3 games.

I was seeded tenth so I got first game choice .. Went with Mustang and won that one. Then I played a higher seed and they chose SWE1 and we had a great matchup, first game was a very close loss, second game I got 80m and cleaned up, third game was 36m to 35m to him. Close!! First loss.

Then you go on the loser side of the draw, you have 1 game. Lose and you're done. I got a win on Fish Tales and Striker Extreme, then lost to Francesco on SWE1 again. I think I finished up 7th or 8th? Not bad for my first attempt I guess, there were 270 entrants this month.

Danni got top 20 I think, I haven't seen the results. She got knocked out by Steve Bowden.

Lots of nice guys there, NYC has a great scene happening. Thanks to everyone for making us welcome!

Last day in NYC today ... Off to Six Flags Great Adventure to do some coasters tomorrow!!

rd

#390 7 years ago

Looks like a great time RD. Many pinsiders are envious. Keep the pictures and story coming.
What a great way to see the states and meet some excellent people and pins!!

#391 7 years ago
Quoted from pinball77:

Looks like a great time RD. Many pinsiders are envious. Keep the pictures and story coming.
What a great way to see the states and meet some excellent people and pins!!

Everywhere you go ... It's always about the people you meet. We have friends all over the planet, mainly down to the pinball scene.

rd

#392 7 years ago

And you got to meet the soup Nazi!! Gold Jerry Gold!!
Watch out for Fusili in your travels. A million to one shot

#393 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

That would be me at #5.
Seriously, nice win Dave.

sunshine_(resized).jpgsunshine_(resized).jpg

#394 7 years ago
Quoted from Artimage:

That would be me at #5.
Seriously, nice win Dave.

Ha! I think you beat me tonight though ... I looked at the iPad and you and me both had 3 wins and 2 losses, but you were 7th and I was below you. Don't know how that works ...?

rd

#395 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I got $15 USD as my prize money. Im going put it into Bonds when I get back home ...
rd

Way to go Dave . That's about $20 NZ ( sounds better) .

That pic you posted with Steve Bowden's stuck ball . I had a few balls get stuck like that on my ACDC . I ended up taking those clear covers off the ends of the ramps . The big problem is that when you try to take the glass off to clear it , the top of the plastic and the glass are at different angles so it kind of "wedges" the ball in there tighter . I was worried it was going to break the end of my ramp , or end up breaking the glass stuffing around with it . They don't really do anything anyway so I suggest to all people with those on their games to take them off .

#396 7 years ago
Quoted from MIL:

That pic you posted with Steve Bowden's stuck ball . I had a few balls get stuck like that on my ACDC

Yep, me too! Exactly the same spot.

rd

#397 7 years ago

We have escaped from New York!

We got the rental car in Jersey City. Word
To the wise, it was $600 USD cheaper to rent a car in Jersey as it was in NYC. (For a two week rental)

We just drove to Six Flags Great Adventure, home of the highest coaster in the world, Kingda Ka. We are in the queue now ... PS always visit theme parks on week days, we walked right into the ride, 4 minute wait.

rd

#398 7 years ago

Might as well visit Dorney as well. It's a smaller park but it's on the way to/back from Hershey - literally, on the same road. They have a couple outstanding coasters like Talon.

#399 7 years ago

Holy crap, that thing reminds me of the Fiery Fist-O-Pain on Spongebob. It's ridiculous.

Yes, I have kids...

FistOPain_(resized).pngFistOPain_(resized).png

#400 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Might as well visit Dorney as well. It's a smaller park but it's on the way to/back from Hershey - literally, on the same road. They have a couple outstanding coasters like Talon.

Not open this month (((((((

Neither is Kennywood. I have been there before though. Cool place.

rd

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 843 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-rotordave-usa-travel-odyssey-thread/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.