image_(resized).jpeg
elvira_guitar_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
DSCN4409_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 843 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 17.
#251 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I just found out Metal Church are playing at BB kings on Monday night so if any metal guys want to join me there, let me know!!
rd

Mac Sabbath is in nyc tomorrow

#252 8 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

My daughter was there as well...just wish we all could have done better qualifying.

Yeah, it was pretty brutal. One loss ... Out the door. Oh well, hopefully Danni makes the top 16 next year and can get another shot!

rd

#253 8 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

Mac Sabbath is in nyc tomorrow

Good spotting ... I've seen them on YouTube. Crazy stuff. Might be a goer ....

rd

#254 8 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

So you Kiwis get "That Metal Show" then ? The only show on tv that I dvr. Jim Florentine is just zany (!) :
" I own 954 black concert t shirts, and my wife hates every, single, one of em."...lol.

Gryzzzzz! We used to get that Metal Show on TV but now we have to download it off the net.

Florentine is funny, I listen to his podcasts every week. Comedy Metal Midgets.

PS a Beetroot is a vegetable. A red vegetable.

rd

#255 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Good spotting ... I've seen them on YouTube. Crazy stuff. Might be a goer ....
rd

$18 at the Highline ballroom. Supposed to put on a good show. McDonald's costumes are priceless.

#256 8 years ago

I was lucky enough to play with Dave and Family last night. It was a ton of fun and hearing Fiona talk about how she won't let you sell machines; that was a nice reminder there are wives who not only support but exacerbate the addiction.

#257 8 years ago

Have you seen Sterns new pin?

Whoa Danni, big juicy grapefruit. It's gonna be huge.

rd

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#258 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegDanni got taken to the dark side tonight by Kylo Ren.

Ooooooh dear.

rd

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#259 8 years ago

blockquote cite="#3054989">Have you seen Sterns new pin? Whoa Danni, big juicy grapefruit. It's gonna be huge.

FAKE!!! You know when they point in different directions like that, we used to call them "Marty Feldman Eyes".

For those of you too young to appreciate Marty Feldman some great movies like Young Frankenstein need to be seen.

https://www.google.com/search?q=marty+feldman+eyes&biw=1082&bih=475&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwjKx7rk1drLAhWCRyYKHTjIDaYQsAQIGw

#260 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

image_(resized).jpegDanni got taken to the dark side tonight by Kylo Ren.
Ooooooh dear.
rd
image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Nooooooo!!!!

#261 8 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

$18 at the Highline ballroom. Supposed to put on a good show. McDonald's costumes are priceless.

I've seen them twice. Well worth the $18.

#262 8 years ago

Are these pictures a spoiler for a RotorDave and family guest spot on the next Kaneda podcast?

#263 8 years ago
Quoted from Capinball:

Are these pictures a spoiler for a RotorDave and family guest spot on the next Kaneda podcast?

Hmmmm not as yet ....

I forgot to post these photos from Sunshine last night.

Cool pop bumper mirror in the bathroom, and the flipper on the wall flushes the toilet.

How cool is that shit?

Sunshine is the best. 11/10.

rd

#264 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

How cool is that shit?

Any pics of the plunger?

#265 8 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Any pics of the plunger?

Yeah but I kept them for the Mrs.

rd

#266 8 years ago

People, really? Ok. If you have to put this on stuff, then you shouldn't be making it.

JUST TAKE THE EXCESS SALT OUT OF THE RECIPE!!!!!! Like, is it that hard. I'm so confused by this sign

#267 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yeah but I kept them for the Mrs.
rd

As well you should. I officially withdraw my request to see the plunger.

#268 8 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

As well you should. I officially withdraw my request to see the plunger.

Bummer. I was just getting the PM typed up.

rd

#269 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Bummer. I was just getting the PM typed up.

Aww man! Take your daughter to a museum please. I recommend The American Museum of Natural History. I could have spent a couple days in that place.

#270 8 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Aww man! Take your daughter to a museum please

I took her to Modern Pinball. Does that count?

rd

#271 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I took her to Modern Pinball. Does that count?

Only if she says so.....

#272 8 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Only if she says so.....

Pinball is all her idea. I'm over it.

rd

#273 8 years ago

Space and science center in nyc is a great day/afternoon. You can even get free passes if you Google it.

#274 8 years ago

Ran into RotorDave and company at Modern today. Those folks are everywhere!

#275 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Hmmmm not as yet ....
I forgot to post these photos from Sunshine last night.
Cool pop bumper mirror in the bathroom, and the flipper on the wall flushes the toilet.
How cool is that shit?
Sunshine is the best. 11/10.
rd
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're not wrong about the super high toilet water level being weird. Splashy splash!

#276 8 years ago

Go see Mac Sabbath. Tell Mike, er, Ronald (the guy with the red hair that looks a lot like Ronald McDonald) that Art in L.A. says hello. He may knock a buck off some shwag for ya. But, honestly, traveling bands need all the cash they can get, so pay the extra buck. Then go watch some Rosemary's Billygoat videos. That's his other band. I mean if Mike were actually Ronald that is...no one knows who is behind the makeup

Oh and I don't think I've ever told him about my little pinball addiction so waddaya say you don't bring it up, k? Mention motorcycles, facial hair, artists, east side clubs, cacophonous nonsense, anything else but not pinball.

Have a good time. Oh, and I meant to say, damn I envy you.

#277 8 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

You're not wrong about the super high toilet water level being weird. Splashy splash!

Yay! Someone else who notices! I'm not the only one...

This is the best example I could find. Unfortunately it was an Aussie one, but it'll work for the point I'm making.

Other than the fact that it has the nice blue thing in it, can you see that this is better, so then there isn't any splash back?! May I use an example of an American toilet, to contrast the last one.

With a beautiful red line to define where the water sits, we see in this toilet the sheer volume of water. When water could be saved, it is used, only to be splashed everywhere. It is quite inconvenient for the conventional person. May we agree that Aussie and Kiwi toilets are designed in a user-friendly way, that allows the user to not be splashed on the butt by backlash?!

And yes, I do have too much time on my hands - as well as the fact I ain't going to sleep any time soon

#278 8 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

Space and science center in nyc is a great day/afternoon. You can even get free passes if you Google it.

I shall admit that I have looked into that museum, and it actually look pretty good. I'm not generally one for a museum but some of the museums here are striking my interest! Whether we have time or not is a different matter, but i definitely like the look of it

#279 8 years ago

some of the museums in NY are amazing and well worth skipping out on some pinballin for!

as for US toilets they should all be down to 1.6US gpf, we just designe them different as we like submerging our logs as to contain the stench from the crappy food we eat.

#280 8 years ago
Quoted from Danni_NZ:

People, really?

That is what I look for on the menu. All the best stuff has a warning on it.
Ever read the back of a pinball machine?

#281 8 years ago
Quoted from Danni_NZ:

Yay! Someone else who notices! I'm not the only one...
This is the best example I could find. Unfortunately it was an Aussie one, but it'll work for the point I'm making.
image_(resized).jpeg
Other than the fact that it has the nice blue thing in it, can you see that this is better, so then there isn't any splash back?! May I use an example of an American toilet, to contrast the last one.
image_(resized).jpeg
With a beautiful red line to define where the water sits, we see in this toilet the sheer volume of water. When water could be saved, it is used, only to be splashed everywhere. It is quite inconvenient for the conventional person. May we agree that Aussie and Kiwi toilets are designed in a user-friendly way, that allows the user to not be splashed on the butt by backlash?!
And yes, I do have too much time on my hands - as well as the fact I ain't going to sleep any time soon

I'm happy that I'm not the only person that finds the water level disturbing.

#282 8 years ago

It's about skid marks, and stench I think.
- poop when submerged is less stinky
- rarely need toilet brush cause poop isn't drying up on the side while you pinside. You'll prob find most American toilets don't have a toilet brush within reach of the toilet for this reason.

#283 8 years ago
Quoted from Danni_NZ:

toilet the sheer volume of water. When water could be saved, it is used, only to be splashed everywhere. It is quite inconvenient for the conventional person. May we agree that Aussie and Kiwi toilets are designed in a user-friendly way, that allows the user to not be splashed on the butt by backlash?!

Well compare that to a sh*tter that I came across while working in Africa
where it is more common to sqaut than sit.
It was not uncommon
when entering a conventional toilet stall with standard style porcelain stool
to find footprints on the toilet seat.
Also note that the toilets in Africa (particularly in locales with high Muslim population)
they have a hose sprayer handy for wash up.
Sorry for the off topic diversion, but you started it.

IMG_1119_(resized).JPGIMG_1119_(resized).JPG

#284 8 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

poop isn't drying up on the side while you pinside.

Good to see I'm not the only one who does that.

rd

#285 8 years ago

Ah the smell of Africa

#286 8 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Well compare that to a sh*tter that I came across while working in Africa
where it is more common to sqaut than

That's the most common sort of toilet all across Asia as well. Although the more modern buildings are adopting the western style toilet. Those squat toilets usually fu**ing stink man, I've seen some disgusting ones in my travels.

rd

#287 8 years ago

You guys need to come to the VFW, which has the add-on Bidet automated spray-o-matics with heated seats. The poor man's version of the individual toilet-with Bidet next to it that you see in many Las Vegas hotels which cater to non-Americans.

#288 8 years ago
Quoted from MrArt2u:

Oh and I don't think I've ever told him about my little pinball addiction so waddaya say you don't bring it up, k? Mention motorcycles, facial hair, artists, east side clubs, cacophonous nonsense, anything else but not pinball.
Have a good time. Oh, and I meant to say, damn I envy you.

The secret life of Art eh? Hiding away the guilty pleasure of 50 machines secreted away in a clandestine nondescript building hidden in the wilds of Los Angeles ...

I shall not mention it to Mike errrrr Ronald should I go tonight. Depends on how it goes today, I'm quite keen to get along there.

rd

#289 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

You guys need to come to the VFW, which has the add-on Bidet automated spray-o-matics with heated seats. The poor man's version of the individual toilet-with Bidet next to it that you see in many Las Vegas hotels which cater to non-Americans.

Ahhh, the Japanese style ass washer seats. They do some real deluxe models. Clever people, the Japanese.

It's quite pleasant sitting on a heated toilet seat when it's -2 centigrade outside.

rd

#290 8 years ago

If you do go to sabbath tonight, snap some pics for us.

#291 8 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Sorry for the off topic diversion, but you started it.

Uhm, this is the topic.

#292 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Uhm, this is the topic.

Lol.

Two years ago, a crazy Japanese woman bought a heated night-light toilet seat and asked me to install it....I told her need an outlet next to toilet...."oh, forget it, I'll return it" she said.

Have you seen a Greek toilet? A bin/wastebasket next to toilet for used toilet papers.
Flush the toilet papers is not allow in Greece.

#293 8 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

It was not uncommon
when entering a conventional toilet stall with standard style porcelain stool
to find footprints on the toilet seat.

Time for another squatty potty lesson on ideal bowel movement position....

#294 8 years ago
Quoted from Danni_NZ:

So why are the seats black? Is the thinking "if I can't see any 'stuff' on the toilet seat, it must be clean"?

#295 8 years ago
Quoted from Artimage:

Ran into RotorDave and company at Modern today. Those folks are everywhere!

Yes, we get around ...

So as mentioned, yesterday afternoon we went to Modern Pinball NYC.

$10 per hour, $16 for 2 hours or $29 all day. I don't think the tight asses back home would pay that much to play pinball . But it works here, there were people coming and going all day.

We went to play in the Superleague. The way it works is they name 7 games per week, you can practice all you want then call over Francesco who stands behind you while you pay your qualifying game.

Of course, what happens is you have an awesome game (like 1.45b on Corvette which would have been #1 qualifier) and then call over Francesco and proceed to get 3 balls STDM and get 30m. Sucks!!

I managed to get the high score on one game, the 3rd on another and I think 4th on another, otherwise all the games were terrible. Anyway, we did 2 weeks of qualifying and will go back next week and do the rest, and see what happens.

#296 8 years ago

Oh yeah baby. Metal in NYC Monday night.

rd

#298 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This thread has gone to shit.

Or toilet.

Let's bring her back on track!

I'm going to Coney Island on the Q train right now!

rd

#299 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Or toilet.
Let's bring her back on track!
I'm going to Coney Island on the Q train right now!
rd

Don't touch the white fish.

#300 8 years ago

Q train to Coney Island...? I can't resist chiming in on this one!

Ave J train stop off the Q, just steps away from the station... best pizza I've ever had.

DiFara Pizza. Legendary NYC pie made by the same guy since 1964. You have to stop there on your way to Coney or on the way back. I only get there every couple years and dream about it in the meantime.

Di_Fara_Pizza_(resized).JPGDi_Fara_Pizza_(resized).JPG

pizza22n-2-web_(resized).jpgpizza22n-2-web_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
There are 843 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-rotordave-usa-travel-odyssey-thread/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.