Only a few hours after having 100 punters at my house for Kiwi Pincade, we are sitting at Auckland airport, Corona in hand, to head to the USA again. Why you ask?
Danni_nz is playing in the Woman's World Pinball Champs in Las Vegas on Thursday. She is 13 years old and currently the 8th ranked woman player in the world. The top 16 are competing in Vegas for the world title!
Of course, RD being RD, we couldn't keep it simple. That would be too ... Simple. So we came up with this schedule.
1. Los Angeles to meet up with Nimblenuts and Crazy ODIN
2. Las Vegas for Woman's Champs and also Pinmasters (it should be PinChumps if I'm in it...)
3. Over to NYC for 10 days to see the city again ... Only been there once before.
4. Hersey Park for some coaster action
5. PAPA for the first time, so Danni can play in the juniors
6. IFPA World champs, Danni and I are representing New Zealand as the NZ 1st and 2nd ranked players
9. Memphis to see the King! He may not be in.
So that's it! Some east coast action this time.
No hearse this time ... Only a stink rental car. Maybe if I see something cool I may buy it. El Camino baby!
(If you haven't read the Hearse thread ... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rotordaves-route-66-odessy-is-underway)
So Danni and I will be updating this as we travel across the USA and giving our unique kiwi perspective on all things bright and beautiful in the US of A.