11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by wizzardz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3103_(Custom).JPG
    IMG_3102_(Custom).JPG
    IMG_3101_(Custom).JPG
    IMG_3100_(Custom).JPG
    IMG_3098_(Custom).JPG
    IMG_3096_(Custom).JPG
    IMG_3094_(Custom).JPG
    IMG_3092_(Custom).JPG
    IMG_3088_(Custom).JPG
    #1 11 years ago

Picked up an F-14 yesterday. With only a 4-hour round trip and a machine in really good condition, and an extra bonus, I think it was well worth the $1k

Beacon domes are all intact and the motor runs. The beacon lights don't light, but I know at least one is missing a bulb.

mylar bubbling as usual, and a couple uglier spots where is already coming up. Giving a slight tug on the corner, and the mylar was coming up fairly easily. The areas not covered in mylar don't look worn or faded in comparison. So I'm hoping the mylar strip will go easy.

Everything else works fine. The only oddity is that the displays will show some odd and seeming random missing display segments during game play, but they are full when running a display test.

I really only wanted to spend $900 on it (up from 800 after the beacon motor was running and a couple game plays). After rummaging thru the ops warehouse for a bit, I ran across a Gott Dragon (SS) populated pf. The pf has some planking, but no wear and the components look almost new. Worked with him to throw this pf in the deal for $1k. I will likely strip the parts for ebay (varisters looked like they came out of a box) and then practice refurb and clearcoating the pf itself for gameroom art.

Time to go and kill me some Yagov!

IMG_3088_(Custom).JPGIMG_3088_(Custom).JPG IMG_3092_(Custom).JPGIMG_3092_(Custom).JPG IMG_3094_(Custom).JPGIMG_3094_(Custom).JPG IMG_3096_(Custom).JPGIMG_3096_(Custom).JPG IMG_3098_(Custom).JPGIMG_3098_(Custom).JPG IMG_3100_(Custom).JPGIMG_3100_(Custom).JPG

#2 11 years ago

IMG_3101_(Custom).JPGIMG_3101_(Custom).JPG IMG_3102_(Custom).JPGIMG_3102_(Custom).JPG IMG_3103_(Custom).JPGIMG_3103_(Custom).JPG

#3 11 years ago

not bad, though in that condition I don't think I would have paid over $800.

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

not bad, though in that condition I don't think I would have paid over $800.

Its actually in really nice condition, the mylar notwithstanding. Lets just say I paid $800 for the F-14 and $200 for the gott pf, and call it a good day.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-ritchie-in-the-house and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.