• Latest reply 13 years ago by erak
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

going_nuts.jpg
#2 13 years ago

Nice rarity and thanks for the post Schusler but I think only if I had lottery money winnings could I buy it.

Cool to look at though with lots of great pics. Again thanks for sharing.

#3 13 years ago

I'll play it for free on my Wii.

#4 13 years ago

Yeah another hard to find one with only 10 made

#5 13 years ago

Thanks... I'll sit tight and wait for "Krull".

#6 13 years ago

It's like the great grandfather of No Good Gofers. I think the seller's going nuts if he thinks that machine is worth that kind of money. Just 'cause its rare doesn't make it priceless. Expecially if it look boring as all sin.

#7 13 years ago

Fearless Leader, John Trudeau showed us sketches/photos/art for Krull last year at the pinball show. Shame it didn't go into full production for Gottlieb. Would have been very collectable nowadays, considering how cult status Krull went. Kind of makes me wish Gottlieb also did an official pin for Evil Dead.

#8 13 years ago

Evil Dead I/II/AoD had about a billion times more following immediately after they came out than Krull ever did. Evil Dead had great effects, innovative camerawork and Bruce Campbell. Krull had... nothing. Just doesn't seem fair, does it?

#9 13 years ago

Only 16 Hrs left on Ebay - 0 bids so far
Who will be a Silver Ball Hero and nail this for his/her collection ?

going_nuts.jpggoing_nuts.jpg

#10 13 years ago

C'mon millionaires step up to the plate!!!! Only 8 hours left

#11 13 years ago

Gees only 5 hrs to go and no bid yet?
who is going to swing for the late hours and see what happens?
I'm headed to the land of Nod-

#12 13 years ago

The auction ended with no bids. Apparently, they were asking too much for it. You can't blame them for trying. When you are dealing with something that rare, it's hard to know what it's really worth. The only way to find out is by testing the waters.

#13 13 years ago

$16,000.00 I'd buy a bunch of not so rare pinball machines and not be worried about playing affecting the value. Only 10 made means parts are a bitch to find...

#14 13 years ago

A pin like that really needs to be taken to a pinball expo/show to determine its value at that time...

#15 13 years ago

Guys I have to ask this question...Say you did pay the 16k amount for this and I believe I heard there was only 8 made; Wouldn't you be almost afraid to play it? Knowingly parts are impossible to find. Goin Nuts for instance is laden with tons of drops...What do you do when one breaks? It's hard to imagine what the owner of Loch Ness is going through-I know if it were me that thing would never be at any shows......Your thoughts?

#16 13 years ago

Schusler I agree with you. Same question goes for Big Bang Bar for example. Where will you get a new set of plastics or maybe one of the ramps in case something gets broken? for 15k its quite a risk...and even when I found a few plastics and a ramp for BBBthere was the price - over 600$ for one ramp (!).

#17 13 years ago

I would venture to guess that only a serious collector would be interested in a machine such as this. They will probably rarely play it, and it will be one of the crown jewels in their collection.

#18 13 years ago

I'm not sure how I would feel about dropping $16k and then never playing or showing the machine. What's the point- it's an expensive paperweight then, just collecting dust until you sell it off again (maybe for a profit) to someone who might actually play it. Fixing and replacing parts comes with the territory.

IceHill- BBB parts don't cost that much, not unless you like being gouged. Price for a single ramp (minus the LED arrows) is about $180- almost comparable to most other machines.

#19 13 years ago

Originally posted by Fearless Leader:

"I'm not sure how I would feel about dropping $16k and then never playing or showing the machine. What's the point- it's an expensive paperweight then, just collecting dust until you sell it off again ..."

I equate it to owning a rare, classic automobile. You may take it out for a spin once in a while, but you certainly aren't going to use it as your daily driver.

#20 13 years ago

Yes, fire her up every once in a while to keep her lubed.

#21 13 years ago

The way I look at it -why not?
people blow major money on other stuff like a good time/party etc.
at least with a pinball machine you physicaly have it not like a memory.

It is however a big time move going for a GN or a Krull what's the chance to buy one again in the next ten years ? - slim to none ?

#22 13 years ago

Fearless Leader can you tell me please where did u get that prices for BBB? or even if you know where to get any parts for it?
180$ is really not that much but I only saw one ramp for under the playfield for 650$ and one ramp with arrows for 625$.

And I'll go with gweempose - if u buy such an expencive machine - you should play it, maybe not so much as others...but anyway it must be used from time to time.

#23 13 years ago

Call Georgianna at IPB if you want the best price. That's what I paid 8 months ago when I bought the playfield ramp and some bumper caps. Again, this is without the arrows. Marcospec also has it for roughly the same price, but I don't know about availability:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/storeitems.asp?cc=PFLD-RAMPP&pageno=5

Bottom line is if you purchase parts off eBay, you probably will pay through the nose.

Any collectible item is just an object that sits unused, and really only appreciated. Half the time, my pins justify their existence by prettying up a room. A super, super-rare game such as "Aaron Spelling" or Richie Rich may not get played too much, but it should be shown and played at least a little bit, otherwise what is the point of purchase ?

#24 13 years ago

Fearless Leader thanks for the info! Well when I buy my BBB it surely will be played quite often. Hate to think of buying a machine for so much money and then just watch it
btw. Fearless Leader how do you like your BBB?

#25 13 years ago

IceHill, let me know how it goes. I love my BBB- great game with good playability and some of the best art I've ever seen.

1 month later
#26 13 years ago

I see this pin is back up for sale, 12k to start

#27 13 years ago

Still too rich for my blood...

#28 13 years ago

Looks like the seller pulled it. Perhaps he/she sold it by some other means.

#29 13 years ago

I'll sell my Evil Dead pin for $3500 or trade for a TZ. lol!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-rare-gottlieb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.