Another question from the noob - re: production runs

By MasterBlaster

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

So I’ve been yammering on in other posts about how I want a Batman 66 real bad, blah, blah, blah.
I have heard that Stern is taking preorders for production on this machine. But it already had its production run in late 2016, right?
So my question is...is that a common thing these days, to do another production run well after the initial run? Is that simply because of high demand, so they decided to give it another run?
AND if they are doing another run, are they changing anything on the machine or will it be identical to the initial run of machines (other than improved code, of course)
Just wondering if this is a typical situation in the modern day production of pinball.
OK, so that was more than one question...sorry!

#2 5 years ago

I am sure someone will sell you a Batman 66. Not sure how available they are but I'm sure someone has one to sell you.

#3 5 years ago

Anything can happen at Stern.

The forum **experts** were saying for years "The AC/DC license has expired and is now WAY too much money to renew!!!!" but of course, Stern did another run because demand was there.

#4 5 years ago

Most initial runs last 3 years or more. After the initial batch, they'll run them as needed, the same machines as before, no vault, no changes.

And as Vid said, nothing stops them from re-running even past the initial license agreement.

Batman66 is still a pretty "new" title.

#5 5 years ago

Where are you hearing about preorders for BM66?

And why would you think it'd have new code? The code for it isn't even finished yet

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

So my question is...is that a common thing these days, to do another production run well after the initial run? Is that simply because of high demand, so they decided to give it another run?
AND if they are doing another run, are they changing anything on the machine or will it be identical to the initial run of machines (other than improved code, of course)

They re-run games frequently yes, I'm guessing it comes down to demand but I don't know personally.
With a straight re-run and not a vault edition they probably won't chnage much. Although i believe they put added the Bell to ACDC pro? And before they changed to LEDs from run to run but that was a one time thing.

#7 5 years ago

It is typical for Stern to have multiple runs of a title if it is in demand. It allows them to keep the assembly line going and people employed. Unless it is considered a vault edition everything should be the same as the original runs - except the price. That tends to go up and up and up.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

And why would you think it'd have new code?

I think he just means the latest code.

#9 5 years ago

I don't remember exactly how many manufacturing lines Stern has but they'll run a a batch of one machine and then switch to another and then go back and do another run of the first. When I bought KISS several dealers told me the same story that Star Trek was done for good but there was another batch of Game of Thrones ready to go I the line. I could wait for GOT or go for one of the machines that was currently in stock at dealers.

Don't confuse this behavior with reissues (Vault Editions).

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think he just means the latest code.

Yes, you are correct...I meant latest code. Still learning the lingo.
Thanks everyone for the info!
So, it sounds like I shouldn’t sweat my now-or-never outlook towards this machine, at least for the time being. If I decide I want a NIB machine, it seems like there will be machines available in the future.

#11 5 years ago

So I’ve been yammering on in other posts about how I want a Batman 66 real bad, blah, blah, blah.
I have heard that Stern is taking preorders for production on this machine. But it already had its production run in late 2016, right?

Batman66 is still in production. Stern keeps most of the games in production for 3 years. I think Mustang only was made for 2 years. You can always view what they are building on their website. http://www.sternpinball.com/games

#12 5 years ago

If I decide I want a NIB machine,

I'd just buy a nice huo someday. Normally better then nib and cheaper

#13 5 years ago

So, it sounds like I shouldn’t sweat my now-or-never outlook towards this machine

No, don't sweat it. When I'm done my BM66, you can have it!

oops... never mind. That one's long gone.

#14 5 years ago

We have a new in box Batman 66 from the latest production run ready to ship.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 34.99
$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-question-f-the-noob-re-production-runs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.