(Topic ID: 185075)

Another price increase (for Canada)!

By Rob_G

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

canadian_dollar (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 12.29.31 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maken.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from Khabbi:

$7095 is only about $100 more than what we are required to pay in the U.S., not sure why that's a big deal?
    Sure dealers can mark up/advertise higher, they do the same here, but you have to shop around.

Americans don't pay tax either, by buying out of state. We have an additional 13% to pay. Puts it over 8K for a Pro. Want a Premium or an Alien? 11k.

Personally, my yearly wage increase doesn't even cover the inflationary increased costs of living, nevermind making up for the exchange rate difference. And I certainly don't have a higher salary than an American who does my job and buys for 5k.

Most of the veteran pinheads in Canada think prices are laughable and won't buy anything now. It's the new blood keeping things alive up here.

An excited pinhead posted a thread on a local forum about all of the cool new games coming out this year and the thread quickly derailed into a price bitch fest. I don't even think there was one comment about gameplay or features.

People can't even get excited about new games because unless you travel to a big US show, you probably won't get to play them.

TLDR: Pinball is expensive as fuck in Canada.

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

What are Americans supposed to do when the tax man comes knocking at the door to collect use tax on those large purchases from out of state?

If that happens, in those cases they obviously just pay up... it wouldn't be a huge tax like it is up here. (1k on a Pro)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maken.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-price-increase?tu=maken and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.