Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

kenny.jpg
image.jpg
national_lampoons_pinball_machine.jpg
2459422677_09f05a0bab.jpg
bubblesBar11307_450x197[1].jpg
ray J.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bub2010.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#56 10 years ago

Prices are indeed insane... I'm pretty much out of the market for new pins. Even buying dealer direct getting them for close to $4100 or whatever that is still a lot for a pro. I am fortunate enough to have enough space for a couple of machines and enough $$ to own a couple, but I have just under 8k wrapped up in a pair of pros that have a medium amount of mods each. I like having more tan 1 pin as it helps keep from getting as bored of the other one, but I don't care how cool a WOZ is (and I have played one) after awhile if you sold 2 to make the 7-8k they cost you'll get bored of it... JJP is definitely shooting for the make less and bank the most... all of us know that you can pimp a pro level machine for 500-1000 totally with toys and lights that were not even on LE models... Having said that being a PC based pinball and having a monitor bumps the cost up a bit even before considering what is on the playfield. JJP's problem also is that they are new and don't likely get the big bulk disconts on everything like Stern Does.

#81 10 years ago

What would be funny is if the PC's inside WOZ start wigging out over time...... then folks would be scared to buy them. I saw 2 of them at the Ohio show and they were both buggy as hell (then) Both of them seemed to need rebooting every other time I was close to one. Not sure what if any issues home buyers that have gotten them have seen.

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That was a while ago I think and the games software has come a long long way since then. If a PC component did ever go out in say 5-10 years you could just buy another mobo, CPU or RAM stick as needed

I work on and build PC's so the repair personally would not worry me. However.... I bet JJ charges a grand for a new pre programmed hard drive which I bet is secured in some manner against copying. Dunno if they are using standard or SSD drives. Regardless I bet it could be pricey. One good power surge or sag can take anything out. I unplug my pins and computers....(anything electronic of value) when there is a threat of severe weather. Anyway...once again....boo on premium priced pins.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 16.95
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 91.00
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 24.50
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bub2010.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-price-increase-for-woz?tu=bub2010 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.