Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

kenny.jpg
image.jpg
national_lampoons_pinball_machine.jpg
2459422677_09f05a0bab.jpg
bubblesBar11307_450x197[1].jpg
ray J.jpg
There are 204 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 10 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

It's a shame you can't have a discussion or discourse without being condescending.
I understand your points; I just don't prescribe to them.

Yeah honestly you still don't get it. In your reply you're asking these elaborate questions regarding life, liberty, and who am I to judge, etc? Lol. And none of that has anything to do with my point. I simply pointed out people that don't play them may feel the price increases a bit more, and reevaluate the purchases. Never did I imply they shouldn't be allowed to own a CCC and never play it, and that we should all judge these people, scorn them, shun them, etc. LOL. As you imply in your melodramatic reply. You just read too much into my point. Way way too much. Relax and stay on topic.

#102 10 years ago

Mechslave, you are so far from reality, lol, probably blinded by your game room. Soon only people in the position you are, be able to buy anything that moves, will be in this hobby.

Not healthy for pinball.

#103 10 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Mechslave, you are so far from reality, lol, probably blinded by your game room. Soon only people in the position you are, be able to buy anything that moves, will be in this hobby.
Not healthy for pinball.

What position are you assuming I'm in?

Price increases suck, ok? Happy? But I was simply trying to rationalize the expense in a different way. As a truly engaging pinball machine, LOTR cost me $400 a year. At the end of which I sold it for more than I paid. So the cost was not only refunded, but justified along the way regardless of depreciation.

Evaluate the product before you rip up the price tag.

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

Yeah honestly you still don't get it. In your reply you're asking these elaborate questions regarding life, liberty, and who am I to judge, etc? Lol. And none of that has anything to do with my point. I simply pointed out people that don't play them may feel the price increases a bit more, and reevaluate the purchases. Never did I imply they shouldn't be allowed to own a CCC and never play it, and that we should all judge these people, scorn them, shun them, etc. LOL. As you imply in your melodramatic reply. You just read too much into my point. Way way too much. Relax and stay on topic.

I don't agree with you so I don't "get it". You must have killed on the debate team. I didn't realize you're points we're immutable and mine were overblown and melodramatic. Que sera sera.

#105 10 years ago
Quoted from islandpinball:

a lifetime of memories for yourself, wife and kids....priceless

...and how exactly does one go about reselling that?

#106 10 years ago

I agree! After reading hundreds of posts here over the last 2 weeks. I realize I fall Into to this category as I am not buying for making a income or an investment. It is for our enjoyment pure and simple and I am willing to pay a little more for a "toy" to be enjoyed by my husband and 9 children that everyone (most of us) will enjoy for years to come. Just like our quads and other outdoor toys. Yes they are pricy I agree but they sure are they FUN! I can't wait to get our first Pin!

#107 10 years ago

Sorry I quoted nate1981s with my post didn't work. This is what I am referring to in my post.

#108 10 years ago

@ mechslave

I know you were simply trying to rationalize the expense in a different way.

The point i tried to make was that you failed, lol.

I do undestand your point, but 8k for a toy is way beyond normal. There is not 1 argument that makes this sain.

Now..... should you buy when you can afford? Off course! Have fun, you have earned it, and i would probably do the same.

But that is not the discussion here. The discussion is, or should be: do you think 8k for pins is a healthy situation for pinball in generic?

I dont think it is.

#109 10 years ago

Standards for 8K?!

What's the LE worth now?

I guess price increases are one way to make the LE's 10-12k like Jack's been saying for a few weeks now.

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

Standards for 8K?!

What's the LE worth now?

I guess price increases are one way to make the LE's 10-12k like Jack's been saying for a few weeks now.

Anyone who has money down for a Hobbit should not back out. They will never be that cheap again. Either JJP is going to reduce the BOM or the prices will be five digits soon.

#111 10 years ago

Just wanted to thank everyone for their insight on this topic. I was actually going to buy WOZ standard edition through a distributor who wanted $7300.00 that included the shaker motor and invisiglass. Of course, this was before the price increases.

So again, I really appreciate all the comments, as right now I am just going to wait as I can't justify spending $8000.00 on WOZ when the Hobbit is the same price and includes extra features that WOZ standard edition does not have.

I think Jersey Jack has a great machine and with the code updates should be a lot better. I guess what I am trying to say is that for that kind of money, I personally would want to make sure that I am really going to like the machine. And lets not forget taxes and shipping so you really reaching close to $9000.00.

For those who already have WOZ, congratulations and maybe you can sell your game for more.

#112 10 years ago

PT I am a newbie. What does BOM mean and I put a deposit on TH today...should I be worried?

#113 10 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

So again, I really appreciate all the comments, as right now I am just going to wait as I can't justify spending $8000.00 on WOZ when the Hobbit is the same price and includes extra features that WOZ standard edition does not have.

Hmm, either way it's good for Jack. More money on WOZ future orders but even more money from the new TH pre orders that are sure to come now. People will want to lock in the current price to avoid future price hikes.

#114 10 years ago
Quoted from ManiacMama:

PT I am a newbie. What does BOM mean and I put a deposit on TH today...should I be worried?

BOM is bill of materials (cost of all parts in a pin).
TH is The Hobbit. Next pin by Jersey Jack (makers of Wizard of Oz)

#115 10 years ago

All manufacturers are going to continue to try and push the price line until they find a number that people will stop buying pins at. $8K was mine I'm out of STLE and would not pay that for WOZ standard or LE.

#116 10 years ago

Thanks! I am still learning all the acronyms!

#117 10 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

Just wanted to thank everyone for their insight on this topic. I was actually going to buy WOZ standard edition through a distributor who wanted $7300.00 that included the shaker motor and invisiglass. Of course, this was before the price increases.

So ... did the price go up on you? Is the distributor asking $8k+ now?

#118 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

All manufacturers are going to continue to try and push the price line until they find a number that people will stop buying pins at. $8K was mine I'm out of STLE and would not pay that for WOZ standard or LE.

I agree with The Dude. $8k was my limit too. I snuck a couple pin purchases in under it, but that may be it for a while.

#119 10 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

So ... did the price go up on you? Is the distributor asking $8k+ now?

Yes, WOZ standard edition is now $8000.00.

#120 10 years ago

The point i tried to make was that you failed, lol.

"Tried" being the key word.

I do undestand your point, but 8k for a toy is way beyond normal. There is not 1 argument that makes this sain.

Ever bought a boat? Jet ski? Deluxe Pool Table? ATV? I suppose you could call all those toys in'sain,' but others could make the point that they feel the entertainment value surrounding those items and the joy it brings to their friends, family, and the memories make the purchases, in the end, fairly 'sain.'

If the product doesn't justify the price to you, cool, don't buy. Obviously if you buy kayaks and use them twice, hang em up where they collect webs for the next three years, then they aren't worth as much to you as a someone who kayaks every morning for three miles before breakfast. You probably don't want to spend as much on your kayaks as the guy who uses it every day.

You keep saying you disagree with this point, but don't really offer up any reasoning.

But that is not the discussion here. The discussion is, or should be: do you think 8k for pins is a healthy situation for pinball in generic?

Well, it might not be. But wait and see? How much time have you put on a WOZ? How far into the future can you see? The system has so much potential that I'm not sure it'll be fully realized this time next year. Why were $4800 pins which could've been plucked from 1992, with next to no innovation and often worse art, which in no way gave the average person any extra incentive to play pinball over a twenty year period, why were those machines any better for pinball than an $8000 next generation machine with new features designed to enthrall the general public, offering a complex and engaging ruleset for a deep players' game which will not grow old (hopefully) for many years?

Like I said, evaluate the specific product without drawing conclusions based on a generalization founded in an imaginary cost ceiling.

#121 10 years ago

Would anyone have any idea about what the cost of materials would be? Electronics really can't be THAT much when you consider that a top of the line gaming computer can be had for sub-$2k anymore. The WOZ LCD monitor is probably one that can be bought for anywhere from $200-300 given the way prices are now (maybe cheaper in bulk?). Stainless is indeed very expensive, but I can't imagine JJP is using enough to really hurt the price.

I don't know anything about the cost of parts in a machine (bumpers, ramps, etc), but LEDs are cheap, especially in bulk.

I'd be interested to see a cost breakdown of a machine...Labor is probably not cheap, and of course design of the table and game is probably pretty expensive. Art is ALWAYS expensive since it's a very skilled "trade".

As someone looking to buy their first machine (which will likely be a relatively newer production), creeping price does worry me.

#122 10 years ago

I also wanted to add the Multimorphic pinball is $9,995.00. Don't mean to get away from WOZ, just wanted to point out the added cost associated with these newer pins.

#123 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

If I do anything I'm going to raise my prices... just call me JJP Jr.

Quoted from vid1900:

The price increased because Jack needs money.
We know this when he demanded payment for Hobbit before you even took delivery of your WOZ that you already paid for.

Exactly.

Funny to see you get thumbs down for stating the obvious.

#124 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

If I do anything I'm going to raise my prices... just call me JJP Jr.

Or you can call me Ray, or you can call me Jimmy but ya doesn't hasta call me JJP Jr.

ray J.jpgray J.jpg

#125 10 years ago

I was very interested in the standard at $7300 with the Invisi-glass and shaker. I had read a while ago that was to going rate. At $8000 I am no longer interested.

#126 10 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

Ever bought a boat? Jet ski? Deluxe Pool Table? ATV? I suppose you could call all those toys in'sain,' but others could make the point that they feel the entertainment value surrounding those items and the joy it brings to their friends, family, and the memories make the purchases, in the end, fairly 'sain.'

I get more fun out of 30k worth of pins than the 75k pool. Most of us have some fun cars or Harlys etc. Its the same but in my opinion better : )

#127 10 years ago

I thought this pinball market was crazy a year ago, it's jumping to all new levels
bubblesBar11307_450x197[1].jpgbubblesBar11307_450x197[1].jpg

#128 10 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

it is scary because NIB prices will eventually hit a point that people will no longer buy them and the companies could ultimately go out of business.

That is what happens to a business that fails to provide a product at an affordable price. Someone else can fill the need...

#129 10 years ago

I had a ton of fun with my ACDC Premium that I played for 10 months before selling it slightly below purchase price.
I have a WOZ now and given the price increase, expect I might even make some money when it's time to sell.
Of course nothing's for certain, but you can understand why I'm not too too worried about paying a hefty price tag for a pin.
That is, of course providing that it's a AAA title. I got snagged on Avengers and lost about $400.
Still, all things considered, given the amount of play time I've had on these things, it's not a terribly expensive hobby.
Pretty comparable to cable TV if you ask me.

#130 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Absolutely! I try to only deal with the dumb ones...

Thread saved for requote Now where is my kettle black gif.

#131 10 years ago

Hmmmm

After shipping (& waiting until who knows when) it's what $8500 for a standard?

That's a...
HUO Tornado Foosball
HUO Metallica Pro
New 60" HDTV
New recliner
Used kegerator with a new keg & co2
A nice multicade
Xbox 360 with Grand Theft Auto
Used coinop dartboard
New ipad with fatty headphones
Small cigar collection with a humidor
A stock of several aged rums with a nice crystal glass
$100 of Chinese takeout

Shove all that in a corner & surround yourself with epicness

Edit: Deep fried cream cheese with corn syrup & imitation crab sound good right now

#132 10 years ago

Too funny. They haven't even shipped the preorders from two years ago and they are taking prices up again. They just lost my money..........

#133 10 years ago

I think I am best suited to be a bottom feeder and live off "B" titles for the most part. I could never drop that kind of money on a pin, much less leave money out there and have to wait for it to built for a long time. Seems a little over the top spendy, but it if it's floating enough peoples boats and their buying, then more power to them and I hope they enjoy their game, (when they finally get it).....

#134 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Hmmmm
After shipping (& waiting until who knows when) it's what $8500 for a standard?
That's a...
HUO Tornado Foosball
HUO Metallica Pro
New 60" HDTV
New recliner
Used kegerator with a new keg & co2
A nice multicade
Xbox 360 with Grand Theft Auto
Used coinop dartboard
New ipad with fatty headphones
Small cigar collection with a humidor
A stock of several aged rums with a nice crystal glass
$100 of Chinese takeout
Shove all that in a corner & surround yourself with epicness
Edit: Deep fried cream cheese with corn syrup & imitation crab sound good right now

mmmm.....$100 of Chinese food. Crab rangoon for everybody!!!!

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#136 10 years ago

^^^ You cannot unsee that. Thanks.

#137 10 years ago

Maybe I will get slammed for this but......am I the only one who dosnt care if I have to wait till next year for TH and not have to spend a large chunk when it comes out because it been paid for ahead of time with manageable payments leaving me the funds to be able to shop around for other games knowing my first ever NIB box pin is all looked after. ( Yes I read all the drama about the first preorders ECWOZ and not knowing if the games would be delivered....ever and the crazy start up busness model but that is no longer the case I hope) I am also ok with the prices BUT keep in mind I have ONLY been shopping for Pins a couple weeks and I am seeing all sorts of games that are between $5,000 and $8,000 Such as MM, LOTR, Indiana Jones WOZ, Star treck LE that I want. So what's $2,000 more to buy NIB when the going rate for used is so high. Speaking as someone who has JUST come into the market and seeing the price of the games I want the only option I have is to pay what being is asked as I have never seen all these "cheaper " prices most of you have in the last few years. So Infact YES there is folks Comeing into the Market that will pay these "crazy" prices because that's all that's out there right now and all we know. I have been searching for the pins I want for cheaper but they don't seam to be out there. (Wonder why?) If us newbies can find them then we will buy them for cheaper but as long as the prices stay up we have no choice as newbies but to support the market as it is. JMHO as someone who is buying thier first Pins.

ETA: So if anyone out there has any of the above games they want to sell me "cheaper" so I am not forced to pay a few hundred dollars more for a NIB Let me know! I am all for helping bringing the prices back down (JK)

#138 10 years ago

^^^

how did you decide what pins you "want"? there are TONS of fun pins that aren't "a-list" ones that cost far less... it sounds like as "newbie" that you have simply decided "a list pins are the best so that's what i want"... that's a very dangerous trap to fall into...

fwiw, "it's just $2k more for a nib, so might as well buy one" isn't great logic...

#139 10 years ago

national_lampoons_pinball_machine.jpgnational_lampoons_pinball_machine.jpg

#140 10 years ago
Quoted from ManiacMama:

I am also ok with the prices BUT keep in mind I have ONLY been shopping for Pins a couple weeks and I am seeing all sorts of games that are between $5,000 and $8,000 Such as MM, LOTR, Indiana Jones WOZ, Star treck LE that I want. So what's $2,000 more to buy NIB when the going rate for used is so high.

Play these pins first if you can and decide what kind of style you like.....take your time and most of all be "patient"!................

Don't buy into the LE hype, wait until the market adjusts, STLE is a perfect example, at 800 of those you will be able to pick up one MUCH cheaper down the road if you want one after you play it, AND after the code is done, wait a few years for that to happen.....

#141 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Don't lie, is this your ad?

2459422677_09f05a0bab.jpg 122 KB

Lmfao

#142 10 years ago

That's funny as.....PBW, is that you? Kind of looks like Curly?.........F ing hilarious

#143 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's funny as.....PBW, is that you? Kind of looks like Curly?.........F ing hilarious

No, this is me

My target at the end of the range... High pinball prices lol

image.jpgimage.jpg

#144 10 years ago

ManicMama, I agree. I have purchased two older pins, one of which I still have. I have never had a NIB pin. But right now, I have fully paid for a WOZ ECLE that will be delivered in December or January and I have ordered TH LE and am current on my payments up until next January. My wife and I have met and talked with Jack; we are both very comfortable dealing with him and with our decisions. Fortunately, these two pins are well within our entertainment budget and we are looking forward to their arrival. Welcome to pinball; it is as crazy as you want it to be!

Post edited by txstargazer3 : fixed mixed up pronouns

#145 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

No, this is me

My target at the end of the range... High pinball prices lol

Somehow, I picture you as "Kenny F ing Powers"........

Damn Wolf, that is some funny ......

#146 10 years ago

PBW.....no doubt....

kenny.jpgkenny.jpg

#147 10 years ago

JJP's new slogan:

"JJP: The Price Increase Leader"!

#148 10 years ago

what's the price of TH right now? a year and a half before it's out?

ahhhh plenty of time to pump up the price a little bit.

#149 10 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

what's the price of TH right now? a year and a half before it's out?
ahhhh plenty of time to pump up the price a little bit.

$10K by next Christmas doesn't seem so far fetched...

#150 10 years ago

ManicMama.....sounds like you have the fever.......welcome!!! ( it doesn't get any better, btw)
Buy what YOU like and YOU can afford .....it's sort of that simple....lots of great people on here that have helped me, and happy to give their opinions......but at the end of the day, enjoy this great hobby..............mark

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 24.50
$ 91.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

13,000 (OBO)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 204 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-price-increase-for-woz/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.