DSCN3535 (resized).JPG
DSCN3530 (resized).JPG
DSCN3527 (resized).JPG
DSCN3528 (resized).JPG
DSCN3529 (resized).JPG
DSCN3526 (resized).JPG
DSCN3546 (resized).JPG
DSCN3548 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Insane.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 7 years ago

Its really easy to replace the #89 flasher bulbs, just cut the ground wire on the resistor boards. Very easy, and easily reversible. That would only leave 6 #1251 bulbs, the 2 eyes in the back box, and the 4 under the visor. Looks great. Good luck

#10 7 years ago

Go get a headlight restoration kit at Harbor Freight. I also picked up a bottle of meguires plastic polish at the same time. Works very good for polishing the mylar.

1 month later
#38 6 years ago

If you are still trying to match the Grey, try adding a touch of yellow. Thats what i found on the one i did. Because of the fade and discoloring over the years. Looking good.

3 weeks later
#67 6 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

If I remember the key was adding some yellow to pretty much all the mix I did. Pure white is just too much. So most of the time, a bit of blue and yellow was the key.

Yellow was the key to the one I did.

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Got the flippers soldered on! Powered up a game.
Few things:
Ball eject solenoid seems to be not working
Shooter spring barely gets to the middle hole of the Vortex ramp, where's the skill!? I'm using the blue spring, but still have the one that came with it
Fixed the blue LED's under the apron
Few LED's not working - need to remove bases and spray them with contact cleaner, maybe replace some diodes
The bracket the target bank slides in is pretty fucked. My plan was to reuse the hack but I can't even get it to sit right in there. Ordered a new one - https://www.pinballinc.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=34_100&product_id=148
$277 + $1 home depot + $33 PinballLife pt. 2 (some parts weren't for Pinbot) + $9 Createx black + $24 target bracket = $344
And a lot of time.
A lot more than I was expecting. But I used to take the easy way out with my restorations, now I do as much as I can.
With this I've bulletproofed the electronics and displays, cleaned every mech, new solenoid sleeves all around - should stay great for a very long time!
I'm sure there will be some haters on the LED's, but I love 'em all!
My camera makes it look very washed out, but in person the color is vibrant and awesome!
The under the apron LED's only really illuminate the lower half, may add some spotlights to help illuminate the planets area
On that note, the LED strips add an extra 700mA to the 12V circuit. Not sure if I should run this off the power supply or have a wall wart plugged into the service outlet. Paging zaza?

Looks cool, I would think that the Led's would be fine, since you have probably dropped the amps with all the other led's over regular bulbs. But I'm NO expert.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Insane.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-pinbot-restoration-cheapo-version?tu=Insane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.