Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Swainer80
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mad_dog_coin_op.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from Paseb:

hi guys,
    just purchased the getaway pinball and i really like it. The supercharger ramp is lot of fun.
    id like to get a 2nd machine that has cool features like the Getaway machine.
    Would like to stick to 3-5k budget.
    any names in mind? i don't care about movies or theme, etc. I just want a *fun game* in that budget.
    thx

The supercharger is a unique toy that only appears in one other game that also happens to be a Steve Ritchie title. That would be the Stern Star Wars Premium. A little out of your price range but very cool. It is like the supercharger but on crack.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Well you could get High Speed the original. It’s a little slower so might not be your taste. What was originally supposed to be Getaway is what became Rollergames that plays a little faster.
    No Fear also a good suggestion.
    You should check out NASCAR which basically has an oversized supercharger. I’d rather play Getaway though. I’m not sure what the price point is on NASCAR at the moment.

Forgot about NASCAR but that one doesn’t do anything for me. The Getaway is much better.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Nascar disagrees with you.

It's easy to forget that one. That huge race track loop takes up so much space that it drastically shrinks the playable part of the playfield. Getaway and Stern Star Wars Premium did it much better by putting it above the playfield. It was a great idea on paper that just didn't pan out in my opinion.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mad_dog_coin_op.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-pinball-like-getaway?tu=mad_dog_coin_op and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.