Topic Stats

• 84 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by dmacy
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 175 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

UPC for TAF Playfield 162399.jpg
IMG_6502.JPG
IMG_6507.JPG
IMG_6506.JPG
IMG_6505.JPG
IMG_6441.JPG
IMG_6443.JPG
IMG_6433.JPG
IMG_6424.JPG
IMG_6429.JPG
IMG_6419.JPG
IMG_6418.JPG
IMG_6417.JPG
IMG_6406.JPG
IMG_6405.JPG
IMG_6415.JPG

There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

Before pictures:
IMG_4754.JPG
IMG_4727.JPG
IMG_4749.JPG
IMG_4750.JPG
IMG_4751.JPG
IMG_4751.JPG
IMG_4752.JPG
IMG_4753.JPG
IMG_4758.JPG
IMG_4755.JPG
IMG_4756.JPG
IMG_4794.JPG
IMG_4812.JPG
IMG_4786.JPG
IMG_4793.JPG

#2 5 years ago

IPB PF:
IMG_4768.JPG
IMG_4759.JPG
IMG_4761.JPG
IMG_4762.JPG
IMG_4763.JPG
IMG_4764.JPG
IMG_4765.JPG
IMG_4766.JPG
IMG_4767.JPG

#3 5 years ago

Old playfield out of machine:
IMG_4798.JPG
IMG_4795.JPG
IMG_4796.JPG
IMG_4797.JPG
IMG_4832.JPG
DSCN1783.JPG
DSCN1778.JPG
DSCN1779.JPG
DSCN1780.JPG
DSCN1781.JPG
DSCN1782.JPG

DSCN1788.JPG DSCN1784.JPG DSCN1785.JPG DSCN1786.JPG DSCN1787.JPG
#4 5 years ago

Some shots of the new PF getting populated:

DSCN1866.JPGDSCN1867.JPGDSCN1873.JPGDSCN1874.JPGDSCN1875.JPGDSCN1876.JPGDSCN1877.JPGDSCN1882.JPG
#5 5 years ago

Sexy...

#6 5 years ago

Coming along nicely

#7 5 years ago

A beaut!

#8 5 years ago

Looking great.

#9 5 years ago

Thanks guys. I'm no pro but I can respect the ones that are doing this work and the money to buy a pro job. The amount of work to bring quality like HEP and so many others in the hobby is amazing. I'd kill to have 1/2 of their talent.

I went with Judge Dread's back decal, Thing box decal, and their bookcase decal since I have it apart.

Post edited by dmacy: Found the part: 03-7973 for the top of the tapered post
I ended up with using a cut "thick" yellow rubber on top of the tapered as it didn't have the plastic spacer and wasn't able to source on correctly yet. If anyone knows where to go to get it: McMaster, etc. please let me know. EDIT: It is part 03-7973 (Spacer - nylon) which I got from Marco.
DSCN1897.JPGDSCN1898.JPGDSCN1899.JPGDSCN1900.JPGDSCN1902.JPGDSCN1903.JPG

And here's the wiring for the bookcase optos for anyone needing the colors. Reading from left to right with lettering oriented on board to read: Black, Grey/green, Grey/orange, Grey/red, Grey/brown.
IMG_5002.JPG

#10 5 years ago

Thanks to TaylorVA I have fresh rails that are better than new. These old ones were pretty rough although most of the areas can't be seen when installed it didn't make sense to not go with nice rails.
IMG_4998.JPGIMG_4999.JPGIMG_5001-346.JPG

#11 5 years ago

looking nice and thanks for sharing!

Does taylor sell the rails precut and painted ot match?

#12 5 years ago

Games coming along nicely. Thanks for the mention.

sorry for the hijack.

#13 5 years ago

Very nice castle decal...snazzy

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I have samples of certain titles in stock so can make those no problem. If I don't have a title you need done you can send them to me, I make the new ones and send them back. I make these for Chris Hutchins of HEP pretty regularly as well.

Nice to know!
My TOTAN has some pretty beat up wood rails.

Also looking forward to my TAF playfield swap. Well done!

#15 5 years ago

Great stuff. How much for a set for TAF?

#16 5 years ago

if anyone is interested in the rails drop me a PM. Don't want to hijack this thread. Thanks.

#17 5 years ago

No worries Taylor! You do good work.

Most all plastics and parts on and ready for testing. Does anyone else test the game on the rotisserie outside the game? It seems that adjustments are much easier to make, troubleshoot and repair this way at least for me. Surprisingly everything is working at this point with the exception of Thing’s ball kicker. Not that it isn’t working, but on the rotisserie as I had it, I can’t put on the box to give it the full test.
DSCN1935.JPG
DSCN1936.JPG
DSCN1937.JPG
DSCN1939.JPG
DSCN1941.JPG
Speaking of, this was my box. Someone had gotten creative by adding the plastic at the bottom and the opened the hole to compensate for it. This box will be getting replaced with a new one.
DSCN1835.JPG
DSCN1836.JPG

#18 5 years ago

As far as parts go, I decided to go with all new scoops as the ones I have although not welded, are broken but they were all working. All new plastics, pop bumper parts (Again thanks Vid on your thread on rebuilding them), star posts, targets, bookcase, and ramp. I've been keeping track of costs on all the parts. It's almost scary when you start to see what you've spent!

#19 5 years ago

Where did you get your scoops from?

Also, what is the plastic? in the bottom of things box? never seen that

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Where did you get your scoops from?
Also, what is the plastic? in the bottom of things box? never seen that

I got them from both Marco and LSOG.

Yeah, I had to ask too because I've never had or worked on an Addams but evidently it's a common way to either quiet down the landing of the ball or to help make the bottom flat again. Funny though right? It worked fine that when I got it but doesn't really belong when redoing most of the entire machine.

#21 5 years ago

Clear ramp on that game makes such a difference. Coming along nicely. I assume you did but if you haven't make sure to do the magnet fuse mod.

#22 5 years ago

LSOG? sorry to highjack

#23 5 years ago

littleshopofgames.com

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Clear ramp on that game makes such a difference. Coming along nicely. I assume you did but if you haven't make sure to do the magnet fuse mod.

100% agree, same for TZ. The smoked ramps always look so dirty.

This thing is coming along great man, keep it up!

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Yes, fuse mod done and was on the first order from PBL.

Quoted from jrivelli:

This thing is coming along great man, keep it up!

Thanks!

#26 5 years ago

I need to order coil wrappers but truthfully only need a few. Does anyone besides BAA sell the coil wrappers? Or does anyone here have the ability to print some and sell me them?

#27 5 years ago

Apparently I have to take some more pics of underneath, but here's what I have.
DSCN1904.JPGDSCN1905.JPGDSCN1906.JPGDSCN1911.JPGDSCN1912.JPGDSCN1913.JPGDSCN1914.JPGDSCN1915.JPGDSCN1916.JPG

#28 5 years ago

Interesting find in regards to the show:
IMG_5024.JPG

#29 5 years ago

I wonder if they even cared since the show was shot in black and white. I know they used to do people's makeup special because they knew it'd translate differently in black and white. Then that changed when color TV came around, then again when high-def TV came out.

Maybe they used certain colors in certain areas to give the room more "texture/depth" when it made the transition to black and white? I would imagine a lot of mid-range colors translate to the same shade of grey, when converted.

More back on topic: Beautiful work on the swap! When you removed the wire harness, did you go and remove all the zip-ties as well? Did you wash the harness?

#30 5 years ago

You're likely right on the colors vs. black/white on TV. I found it rather interesting and not a huge fan of the original show or the movie but watched the show quite a bit as a kid on reruns.

Thanks, it's easy when you're taking off old parts and putting a lot of new on. I did remove some of the zip ties; some I didn't but washing the harness cleaned them up well. And for washing, I did it by hand cleaning each of the three as I put them in. I’m afraid to take the harness out and clean it any other way although that would probably be the best way. I do need to get some coil wrappers; primarily the white ones.

#31 5 years ago

You can buy individual ones from BAA.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

You can buy individual ones from BAA.

Thanks Taylor. I must have missed them as I was looking at the "Game Specific" section and they had only a full set shown.

Nearly complete. This is how I’ve been testing with the game on the rotisserie with it plugged in sitting next the machine. I have everything ready to go at this point short of the wireform ramp and the thing box installed. Installed the new apron decals as well.
IMG_5008.JPG
IMG_5010.JPG

Comparison shot of old vs. new.
IMG_5011.JPG

#33 5 years ago

Few (poor) pics of Taylor's nice work that he does with the wood rails. Sorry for the pics upside down. I fix them on the PC after the iphone and they still put them in the original orientation!
IMG_5017.JPG
IMG_5018.JPG
IMG_5019.JPG
IMG_5020.JPG

#34 5 years ago

As of now the mods I’ve done are: LED’s, bookcase overlay, back panel overlay, Thing overlay, added a book case and Leesparts swamp area light, and Leesparts swamp accelerator. After seeing so many people recommend it, I ordered it and can see why it helps with that dead spot otherwise in the swamp.

I'd like to do the Uncle Lester mod. I assume most people wire in to the left yellow lamp?

Post edited by dmacy: Credited Leesparts for his mods

#35 5 years ago

Shots of Leesparts swamp "accelerator" installed:
DSCN1957.JPG
DSCN1958.JPG

Post edited by dmacy: Credited Leesparts for his mods

#36 5 years ago

New playfield in the old, but temporary cabinet:
DSCN1954.JPG
DSCN1963.JPG
DSCN1959.JPG
DSCN1960.JPG
DSCN1961.JPG
DSCN1962.JPG

#37 5 years ago

looking good!

#38 5 years ago

For LED's: CT Warm white frosted for the lower GI at slings and guides, and CT frosted cool whites in all but the blue plastics in the back where I'm using CT frosted blues. The topper (When I get one) will be using CT 906 flat top blue's. Thanks to B_R for that suggestion. And for the ramp and Thing lock lights I went with CT Premium frosted. For the electric chair I'm currently using incandescents with condoms as the CT's premium kept falling out from all the action. I'm considering putting some hot glue to hold them in, but I haven't bothered yet.
DSCN1964.JPG
DSCN1966.JPG
DSCN1967.JPG
DSCN1968.JPG
DSCN1970.JPG
DSCN1971.JPG

#39 5 years ago

Does anyone here have the capability to make a quality sticker for the UPC label area? It would be nice to recreate this for the empty space:
UPC for TAF Playfield 162399.jpg

#40 5 years ago

Ohhh, fine, that's just great. Go ahead and give me a complex about my TAF.

Looking really good!

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from SteveP3:

Ohhh, fine, that's just great. Go ahead and give me a complex about my TAF.
Looking really good!

FWIW, the cabinet's not so hot but gives me a way to enjoy it while I'm waiting for the new cabinet.

Thanks! It's coming along nicely but pales in comparison to most of the guys I see do them on here.

#42 5 years ago

Looks great and where did you order your Thing ramp decals from?

#43 5 years ago

I had a problem with chair lights falling out. I went with scoop lights on chair, swamp and safe looks better , works better and eliminates bulbs in drain switch,when they get knocked out.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

Looks great and where did you order your Thing ramp decals from?

They came with the back panel decals.

Quoted from Maddog:

I had a problem with chair lights falling out. I went with scoop lights on chair, swamp and safe looks better , works better and eliminates bulbs in drain switch,when they get knocked out.

So you removed the lamps and put in the lights to show in the scoop instead? Interesting idea. And not a bad point about the bulbs falling in...

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Thanks! It's coming along nicely but pales in comparison to most of the guys I see do them on here.

Give yourself more credit than that Dave...it looks awesome! Can't wait to see it complete with the new cabinet.

#46 5 years ago

Yeah, yellow and red on chair scoop, lights function same.

#47 5 years ago

Actually, it works better than lights on side of chair, a lot more noticeable. I had a lot of newbies playing, nobody noticed bulb in drain, switch continuous activation.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from ReplayRyan:

Give yourself more credit than that Dave...it looks awesome! Can't wait to see it complete with the new cabinet.

Thanks!

Quoted from Maddog:

Actually, it works better than lights on side of chair, a lot more noticeable. I had a lot of newbies playing, nobody noticed bulb in drain, switch continuous activation.

I may give this a try. Thanks; do you have any pics?

#49 5 years ago

I'll take some later today and post or email them if you pm your email.

#50 5 years ago

I think I might like that clear ramp better than the original tinted one.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 47.00
$ 27.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 999.00
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonton, AB
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 28.00
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Mukwonago, WI
$ 1,099.00
$ 25.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts
$ 66.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Melrose Park, IL
$ 279.95
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Worth, TX
$ 22.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside