(Topic ID: 267959)

Another Newbie Looking For First Pin Thread (GB vs STH)

By Gee_Bananas

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Rarehero
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ectobar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 3 years ago

Make sure you actually want the games and have played them a good amount. Like 20 games each at least.

Not to be a downer, but my money says your daughter isn't going to give a crap about the games in a month. There are certainly exceptions, but that's the way it usually goes.

As for those 2 games, again make sure you want them. Those are two of the most despised games around here.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Gee_Bananas:

Star Wars, or Guardians of the Galaxy or Jurassic Park or Deadpool.

I would take all of these games over the other 2.

FWIW I used to own a GB. I don't think it or STh are terrible, just don't really care to play either of them that much any more.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from Gee_Bananas:

I wanted to address this as well, but I didn’t know if it would be “cool.” I imagine the owner may be a pinsider.
GB Pro Floor Model: $6,250
GB Pro NIB: $6,450
GB Premium Floor Model: $7,900
STh Premium Floor Model: $7,299
But by floor model I mean they get played regularly. This place is not just a shop, but also open to the public on limited days. So by no means HUO.
Think I’m gonna call for another appointment to spend some more hands on time with the games and look for defects I guess.
Any other suggestions? Thanks again guys.

All of those prices are too high.

I think current price on a pro is around $5600. Sometimes you have to pay shipping which is around $400.

Are you getting any kind of extra warranty or support with the purchase? Will they do some type of setup for you? Is there tax on top of those numbers? (You can usually get out of paying tax through an out of state distributor)

Since your new, you really need to know that when you get a game it's absolutely going to break at some point, and most likely several times. Steel ball flying around a bunch of plastics, it's the nature of the beast. So if this place is going to provide some type of extra support, it might still be worth it to you to buy from them. The reality is though, if you're going to be in this hobby, you need to learn how to fix some things.

I guess the other thing to consider is the current climate of the world. I don't know what the operating status of the distributors is. You might not really have all that many options at this point unfortunately.

You should also really consider buying used. You can get a GB pro (and other newish pros) for around $4500 used. Assuming you keep it in decent shape, you will be able to get most of your money back if you decide to sell.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from Gee_Bananas:

The dealer mentioned he would throw in "double" the manufacturer's warranty of 6 months. There wouldn't be much setup other than the $200 delivery fee. I also believe there will be a tax on top of the total sale price.
So the Pinside market is a good starting place if I want to go with a nice HUO? I did see the threads about shady sellers on eBay/Craigslist. I'll continue to look for other helpful threads within this sub forum as well.

For games that change hands a lot, the pinside average price listed in the market place is a good start. Also just search for a game you want and look through the sale ads. If their aren't any currently for sale, you can still see archived sales. In the future once the world is a thing again, my experience has been that the best deals to be had are at pinball shows. Keep that in mind. You know you're going to end up with more than 1 right?

Pinside is great place to find games to buy. You can vet sellers somewhat easily on here. If someone has been on here active for a while, odds are they haven't burned too many bridges. My couple interactions with Pinsiders have been great. Regional for sale threads on here usually have solid deals and are another good place to look(Either here or FB).

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

GB needs some TLC to dial it in. Once you have it set, it’s a blast.

I've heard it rumored that Gary Stern showed up at Rarehero's house and kicked his dog while pissing in his cheerios all while proclaiming GB2 > GB.

But that's just what I heard.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects
Decals
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 25.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ectobar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-newbie-looking-for-first-pin-thread-gb-vs-sth?tu=ectobar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.