IMG_4378.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
costanza (resized).png
main-qimg-705ef6c31cf22ebae587c893d875c2b9.gif
download (4) (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #14 Comment from the designer Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (4 years ago)

Post #979 Don's account of receiving a punny factory game Posted by toddtuckey (7 months ago)

Post #982 Screenshot of Don's facebook post Posted by koji (7 months ago)

Post #989 Andrew's response to Don's post Posted by PinballBuzz (7 months ago)

Post #1048 Original Punny Factory book series Posted by blueberryjohnson (7 months ago)

Post #1087 Phones & gameplay video of the 2nd game: Elements Posted by Knapp_Arcade (6 months ago)

Post #1104 Response to Don's gofundme Posted by CrazyLevi (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PismoArcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#124 4 years ago

Towards the end of the article, Andrew mentions his Kickstarter campaign to fund Punny Factory.

Because that's worked so well for Pinball Gremlins, the Stern coffee table book, etc.

#126 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I dont think it's that bad. Properly priced and good code and ruleset it's an ok competetor to star wars home, thunderbirds etc.
Coming in at 3.5-4.5k and quality and code and it should sell a couple of games.

From the article:

"And the price? Andrew told us he is looking at the $5,500-$6,000 range, however he says the cost of manufacturing several of the playfield parts themselves might cause that price to vary a little."

1 month later
#145 4 years ago

According to K's Facebook, Andrew is threatening legal action against him for disparaging Punny Factory.

Why just Chris? It's not like he's the only one.

#149 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You can’t sue someone for critiquing your stupid, horrible, unfunny, poorly conceived rancid butthole of a game.

At $5500- $6000 (and possibly more), you forgot overpriced.

1 year later
#259 3 years ago

My unsolicited opinion.

MacBain (couldn't make up a better villain name) is getting slammed for his past posting history. Nothing more.

You don't see the vitriol for a starter company like you do for the MacBains, Kuleks, VonnieD's, Heighways, etc for our small hobby.

People like Charlie Emery and Gerry Stellenberg have our admiration for good reason.

Dave Fix...Take note.

Edit...How did I forget Mueller????

#262 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

How many racist stereotypes do you have to collect in that Sushi game?

Must have had second thoughts because he took down the video for the sushi pin.

#288 3 years ago
Quoted from koji:

I'm not sure what to tell you people. My friend and I met Andrew a couple of times over the past couple of years buying / selling pins. He has always been friendly and loves talking pinball. A real family guy from the seems of it, which perhaps is a force behind his theme. He has indicated this theme is the one he wanted to build.. his own personal passion project.
What I did see of the ideas and the build for the machine felt and looked excellent.
At some point people need to get over things. With regard to personal attacks, I just wanted to raise some awareness that through my interactions, this is a decent human being, has a family, works hard and has a passion for pinball. Behind a keyboard, we can sometimes forget humanity it would seem.
Also, as a idea like this takes wings, it's important to remember it has become bigger than one person. A whole team of people, respected industry experts and so forth. I have not had the opportunity to flip Mafia, but I have played Full Throttle and Alien, and have to say they are fun games to shoot and play!

It's not the pin although it looks pretty simple for the price...it's the way he interacts with people.

Dave Sanders gets nothing but love on here because he doesn't talk down to people, nor does he boast about his accomplishments, threaten to sic lawyers on those who give their opinion on his work, etc.

The Todd Tuckey book thread is a prime example, albeit not the only one. In the almost 10 years I've been on Pinside, I've only seen a handful of people with a single digit approval rating. In my opinion, they were all deserved.

E75AC26A-D0EC-4434-9FB7-54E41821625B (resized).jpegE75AC26A-D0EC-4434-9FB7-54E41821625B (resized).jpeg
#291 3 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

I'll be honest - being on the ASD spectrum with various underlying issues there's a lot of 'imposter syndrome' that goes on inside my head. I need the right sort of environment and encouragement to thrive. I've accepted that I'll never be a Keith Elwin, so to speak - I wouldn't be able to handle the pressure of somewhere like Stern.

Dude...You're part of the one percent of the one percent on Pinside with the talent to design a pinball machine. Most of us wish we had your skills.

Here's hoping that American Pinball, Spooky or another company hires you. You deserve better than the likes of Andrews Heighway and MacBain.

8 months later
#312 2 years ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

The end of the Punny Factory Tour Video mentions the "QR codes" with his pretty decent rendering of me, and the music I use in some of my videos. The QR Code references are when I actually advertised having this feature for my botched book series (courtesy of Andrew).
I thought that as you were reading my book, when I mentioned a game or a repair/fact/feature of it, a QR code would take you to that exact moment in a TNT video of what I was referring to! You would read, and then watch something, and go back to reading, etc.
Here is some of the copy from my letter I sent to would be advertisers for the back of the book...
"There will also be pages that will contain QR Codes that will link directly to my YouTube videos about specific machines."
But Andrew did not like the idea of the QR codes at all. He nixed it even though I already told folks it would be in the book....here is his response...
"A quick poll of our office of 12 staff, everyone said that the codes are outdated and that they would never use them and only two staff have ever used them in their life since you need an app." Andrew
And "Kids Go Nuts For It" (spoken in the beginning) is for sure a Todd N. Tuckey line! At leaset Andrew still loves me!

After all this time, Andrew is still obsessed with you.

Creepy.

1 month later
#338 2 years ago

Now that was funny!

Adding to my podcasts playlist.

1 year later
#444 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

PinballBuzz if I may suggest, I would focus on building the games vs justifying your choices for art or toys here on Pinside. Let the product speak for itself when people can get their hands on it.
But since you are here, what are the issues with the playfield rails this late in production that you posted about in December? Was this the reason the Dec 1st release was scuppered? Guessing so. Do you have any plans to bring this to a public event any time soon? I think there are many curious people looking forward to trying this, but it has been one delay after another with little explanation that is exhausting goodwill.

Yeah...this whole thread is giving me a strong Tommy Tallarico vibe.

My main issue was the Todd Tuckey trashing.

*The "ah so" Mickey Rooney Sushi pin was a close second.

#464 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballBuzz:

What a bunch or Clowns!!!
The trolls once again and ruin it for everyone with fictitious accusations in theft, racism and scamming with absolutely zero evidence to back any of it up

Despite your efforts to delete the offending stuff and pretend it never existed, luckily some of us saved it for the predictable gaslighting.

Quoted from PinballBuzz:

And where are the moderators..... you guessed it sleeping at the wheel once again.

The mods are doing their job. Like the many other scams...errr....I mean upstart companies they've seen throughout the years, they're just letting it play out, letting the "CEO"s own words come back to haunt them.

Quoted from PinballBuzz:

I guess any updates are better left to our website, YouTube and Instagram accounts.

You tell 'em! Who needs the most popular pinball website with almost 100,000 members?! You keep that valuable information on your socials where it will be seen by dozens of people! Maybe go in with Ball-a Rama and start a new pinball website?

BTW... Any truth to the rumor that you got a cease and desist from the Don Knotts estate over your since deleted video?

#468 1 year ago
Quoted from Knapp_Arcade:

Wow I had never seen this before. Treating Todd like that is really shitty. I've remained fairly neutral in this whole thing but Pinball Buzz needs to STFU and actually produce something rather than dumpster diving on message boards and creating ill will.

There's a whole long thread on him trashing Todd after the Vegas trip. He's not a good guy. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/todd-n-tuckey-book-deal-1o-volumes

Here's hoping you and Pinball News put him on the pay-no-mind list.

#496 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballBuzz:

Years later same troll posters, same wrong misinformation, one sided witch hunt with nothing to back up any accusations at all. Never met anyone but Todd but seems that all the posters know more about me and my business than I do. Learned it is a waste of time to post anything since someone will always twist it into something different and the lemmings will follow. Thanks for the entertainment and a lesson on online bullying that I can pass on to my kids. Yea the next poster will state that Pinside is where all your buyers are!!! Don’t piss them off. Really is it? All the people we have interacted with in the past few years have never heard of pinside go figure…

How many times have you said you will never post on Pinside again? I'm guessin' at least three.

8828B372-B58E-49D3-AC41-550F3CA82267_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg8828B372-B58E-49D3-AC41-550F3CA82267_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#517 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

And I'm sure he has the legal rights to use Steely Dan's music.

How dare you, Sir. That's Boz Scaggs.

3 weeks later
#559 1 year ago

Random thought.

If Punny Factory is released in a forest populated with Stern's Foo Fighters, JJP's Godfather, AP's Galactic Tank Force, CSJs' Pulp Fiction, Multimorphics' Final Resistance and PB's Queen does it make a sound?

*Spinal Tap understandably not included.

#561 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Please rephrase this question in the form of a pun rather than a metaphor.

Will there be a galactic resistance to buying Punny Factory?

Sorry...best I could come up with short notice. I need more beer.

1 month later
#625 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballBuzz:

I think the community gets it with your pages of posts and negativity and being moderated 22 times. I think it is time to move on dude and find a hobby.

I like that Andrew follows Pinsider ratings and therefore knows that Isochronic_Frost has had his posts monitered 22 times in over 6 years.

Since he takes the ratings so seriously, perhaps he might do some self reflection and hire a PR guy as he doesn't seem to be doing him or his company any favors.

3238571D-D5BE-4F69-AF39-D7E8BEE2FF15_1_201_a (resized).jpeg3238571D-D5BE-4F69-AF39-D7E8BEE2FF15_1_201_a (resized).jpeg

#627 12 months ago

Focusing on the game itself, it's roughly the same price as a Stern Pro.

Which would you rather have: a packed Foo Fighters, a packed Godzilla or Punny Factory?

#630 12 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

This is the problem and with no IP (even HomePin has a few diehard Spinal Tap fans buying) who is buying this?

No IP is definitely an issue.

The other is we're talking a Jack Danger/Zombie Yeti flowfest vs a barren game with mediocre art, dad "jokes" and a subpar Don Knotts voice actor for the same price.

#634 12 months ago
Quoted from koji:

we all know a couple of collectors who might just pick one of these up because they have that different kind of collection going

I do agree on this. One thing that Andrew did correctly was to limit the run to 120 pins.

Whether he makes and sells that many is anyone's guess.

4 weeks later
#728 11 months ago
Quoted from koji:

That's the pickle for me.. I really enjoy CrazyLevi posts. I know the story and see where people come from on both sides.
It's just sad for me to see things become so personal online either way.

Pinside loves an underdog start up company. I remember when Spooky released AMH and people were rooting for their success. Same with American Pinball and Houdini.

MacBain has been his own worst enemy from day 1. I could list the many reasons why but we've all seen his well documented tired act on Pinside. His down vote percentage is well deserved. He is rightfully in the Pinball Hall of Shame along the likes of Vonnie D, Andrew Heighway, Robert Mueller and Kevin Kulek.

Even if he made my dream theme I would pass just on how he treated Todd alone.

#762 11 months ago
Quoted from aeneas:

> You forgot to post the rest of the story on how this is a 3 year old blog that is blocked from the public and only accessible only from the wayback-when website if one were to go looking for it.
It was a copyright infringement.
It doesn't matter if it was created 3 years or 3 days ago.
It was still online and google returned it in their search results.
It should never have been online.
> Also you did not mention that we cited you and had a link to your website as credit.
No, there were no links to my website on these articles.
It was not obvious that parts were cited from my website.
That is not how copyright works.
You did not contact me to ask for permission to use my text and photos.
> A simple e-mail would have been simple enough instead of posting half the story on an open forum opening up speculation.
I have emailed you and sent you a pm here on pinside.
You are the one who decided to reply here in public.
> Just like one could say that I am sure you have permission from all of the pinball machine manufactures, publishers etc.... and other pictures that are posted on your website.
This is about what you have done, don't try to revert this to be about me.
Don't attack me, you are the one who did something illegal.
And yes, almost all of the photos on my website are photos that I made myself.
I put a lot of effort in making suitable photos when I write an article.
I have dozens of articles in draft that I don't finish because I don't have the right photos.
I do ask for permission when I use photos made by someone else on my site and note that below each photo.
It's because I do all this effort that I don't like when people steal from my website.
> https://www.flippers.be/pinball/stern/monopoly/monopoly.html
> Do you have permission from Stern?
Don't interpret below as giving legal advise without a license, I just try to answer you.
The pictures of that Monopoly machine : I took these photos myself.
I held the camera in my hands and made the photo.
Therefor the copyright of that photo belongs to me and I can use that photo how I want and decide who can use or not use it.
I do not grant anyone else permission to use these photos without them asking me first.
Making the photo does not grant me any rights to the Monopoly logo or trademark.
I can't start selling t-shirts with the Monopoly logo on that I cut out of that photo.
But that photo as a whole, and almost all others on my website - I own the copyright and I decide what happens with it.
If I want to download photos from Sterns website and use them on my own site, yes then I should get their permission and comply if they ask me to change or takedown something.
> The posts on the 3 year old non active blog were removed.
Thank you.
> Do you people have nothing better to do ?
Yes I do, therefor it took me 3 years to find your blog.
> Giving credit to the ideas of others makes your ideas and proposals more believable. In addition, you avoid plagiarism and breaking U.S. Copyright Law.
Again, don't interpret this as giving legal advise without a license, but just answering you:
You copied large parts of my website, word by word. That is not permitted.
Citing can only be for short parts: a sentence or a short paragraph.
It should be clear that it's cited: put it between quotation marks and add the reference to the original source.
Copying whole blocks of text is not citing but a copyright infringement.
You can read my whole website, take ideas from it and rewrite everything IN YOUR OWN WORDS in your blog or book.
That is allowed.
Then you can include my site as source where you got the idea.
Especially if you copy whole ideas / structures how something is formulated then you should give credit.
As long as it are all your own words and photos you took yourself.
Rules are different for non-commercial and commercial usage.
You are a pinball manufacturer (or at least give the impression) and not a hobby project ?
If you want to play with the big boys, you have to obey all the rules.

Very thoughtful and thorough response. Going by Andrew's history he will either 1) Not address anything you've written or 2) Fabricate some nonsense that only makes sense in his head, adding how no one knows what Pinside is and he'll never post on here again.

#790 11 months ago
Quoted from PinballBuzz:

All the people we have interacted with in the past few years have never heard of pinside go figure…

Hey @toddtuckey...I'm guessing these are the same people the he polled about the QR code. That's a real think tank he has over there.

1 month later
#833 9 months ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I can say as a carpenter, if you play this you wood be board. When I looked at it I sawdust.

Nailed it!

#880 9 months ago
Quoted from Palmer:

PinballBuzz should hop back on this thread and explain himself.

42B45B31-3248-4974-B0C0-82F4E403CA69_1_201_a (resized).jpeg42B45B31-3248-4974-B0C0-82F4E403CA69_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#990 7 months ago
4FE03C7B-4F9D-4D5F-AB86-018AC19A58AA_1_201_a (resized).jpeg4FE03C7B-4F9D-4D5F-AB86-018AC19A58AA_1_201_a (resized).jpeg7EC02D29-E612-4BD9-8072-25B8E7C1A0EF_1_201_a (resized).jpeg7EC02D29-E612-4BD9-8072-25B8E7C1A0EF_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
#999 7 months ago

It's funny how Charlie got nothing but love when he started Spooky.

Could it be because he's humble, gracious, doesn't steal i.p or trash people who benefit pinball like Todd Tuckey?

I'm guessing there's a reason that there is so much distain for people like Kevin Kulek, Vonnie D and Andrews Heighway and MacBain....and it's not because people are "jealous" of them.

Quoted from PinballBuzz:

If you think about it, these people go to bed and wake up checking their phones to see if there is anything new posted; that’s weird, creepy and stalky all wrapped in one!

Yeah; you don't do this, do you Andy? How many times have you rage quit Pinside and said you'll never post again?

#1019 7 months ago

Gotta hand it you, Andy. If you're trying to push away the handful of potential customers you might have for your....errr..."pin", then kudos, I guess.

Never mind...according to you, no one that you know has ever heard of Pinside which is why you don't care what is posted on here and why you've said numerous times that you'll never post on here again.
575D3373-3379-45EA-A4E3-BACEF83BDE55_1_201_a (resized).jpeg575D3373-3379-45EA-A4E3-BACEF83BDE55_1_201_a (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#1097 5 months ago

Andrew "Snuffles" MacBain?

1 month later
#1235 4 months ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

Perhaps Andrew's new smash, ELEMENTS, will be better??-

Is that the game that was inoperable and turned off for 90% of Expo?

#1238 4 months ago

"High end machines".
"High quality."

Whoever wrote this must have been "high" (allegedly).

0C93287F-79A8-4F3C-A05D-CCB49B9C3AB3_1_201_a (resized).jpeg0C93287F-79A8-4F3C-A05D-CCB49B9C3AB3_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1266 3 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I knew those guys were in trouble when they asked me to be a distributor.
Anybody notice how dirty Donny hasn’t done any pinball art since cosmic? Guess that project pissed off stern.
Too bad. He was the best rock pin artist.

Damn...you're right! I hadn't realized that Cosmic was his final project. Another manufacturer needs to hire him asap.

#1280 3 months ago

Since Andrew reads this thread daily, perhaps he can chime in?

C2E1E578-D1DA-4314-89D0-888A1AF6ED16_1_201_a (resized).jpegC2E1E578-D1DA-4314-89D0-888A1AF6ED16_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
#1285 3 months ago

So if Don returns his P.U.nny Factory, where does that put the grand total of machines sold?

#1319 3 months ago

Maybe I'm missing something.....

Why should a customer incur the shipping charges on a defective product, especially a heavy beast like a pinball machine? Andrew should just eat the cost of shipping it back and be done with Don once and for all.

1 week later
#1359 3 months ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Is this pin a joke?Who the hell is dON! What has any of this to do with Punny Factory??4 yrs now>BS!!!!

Yes/a sucker that bought one/that's the POS pin he bought/actually 5 years.

#1363 3 months ago

Wait...I thought Andrew didn't believe any of the "Pinside trolls"?

#1370 3 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I don't like how he's trying to twist things to make it seem like he is in the dark about all this, when clearly he isn't.

Y'know....I'm beginning to think this Andrew fella isn't the most honest person.

1 week later
#1439 89 days ago

I could be wrong but wasn't he selling there things on Craigslist for awhile?

#1442 89 days ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

There not selling anything over their.

Quoted from TreyBo69:

I see what you did they're

Dammit! Gotta learn to reread my posts before hitting "enter".

#1445 89 days ago

Is this a first? The owner of a pinball company selling his unsold pins on Facebook Marketplace?

Oofa.

3 weeks later
#1473 64 days ago

Andrew's threat to "air Don's dirty laundry" in a lawsuit seems like a violation of SLAPP, but what do I know? And why bring up his Air BnB account?

I'll never understand why people like Andrew and Dave Fix constantly threaten lawsuits and not just hire a lawyer to correspond with the party they're having conflict with.

Having said that, if Andrew is indeed paying to have that POS pin wrapped and shipped back, I'm not sure why Don is holding out for another $250. Just send it back and be done with it.

#1476 64 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Well this may be a shocking revelation to some, but Andrew may not be the sharpest peanut in the turd. Don is under no obligation to send the machine back after a chargeback. It doesn't matter if he called it a refund or not, despite Andrews baffling reasoning. He could have called it a dinglehopper but at the end of the day its a chargeback and thats the only thing that matters. Andrew had a lot of opportunities to offer a proper refund before it came down to a chargeback. Now that he's lost the chargeback, its too late. All these ramblings are nothing but cope and/or desperation moves.

Add this to the many things that I didn't know. If that's the case, kudos to Don for keeping the pin. Andrew had his chance and blew it. Now he's using threats since the law apparently isn't on his side.

2 weeks later
#1489 50 days ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

When did Fix threaten people with lawyers? I missed this drama, apparently. Even then, American Pinball is more of a pinball manufacturer than Scamdrew could ever hope to be.

When Zach Meny mentioned the rumors on The Pinball Show that AP was looking for a buyer, Fix texted Zach with "Tortuous interference.....we need to talk today."

Zach called him back but Fix never returned his call.

1 week later
#1508 37 days ago

So I'm guessin' no "Sushi Mania" at TPF????

They could have shared a booth with AP's BBQ pin....Surf and Turf theme.

3 weeks later
#1515 11 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Andrew trying to sue Don in British Columbia for $250,000[quoted image]

Have to admit....just when I think Andrew has stepped on his final rake he outdoes himself. He's suing for "lost sales and future sales"??!! I can't wait for the discovery phase where Andrew has to prove how many sales he had prior to selling a P.U.nny Factory to Don.

Having said this, he may end up getting his P.U.nny Factory returned.

#1519 11 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

It is legit, I've seen the paperwork in its full form, but was asked to only show this portion. Seems like a petty attempt to milk money from D0n by forcing him to pay for counsel if you ask me. I say petty because the case would clearly show the chargeback so it seems like an open and shut case. Don't get me wrong, I'm not putting it past Andrew to be so dumb he still doesn't actually understand what a chargeback is, but it seems more likely its some sort of revenge. Wouldn't Andrew have to sue D0n in his own jurisdiction though? Can a court in BC really do anything? Seems like a tough choice, pay a lawyer a bunch of money and do a bunch of screwing around, probably win and get restitution in the end though, or just give the game back.
For my (our?) own selfish reasons, I hope he doesnt' cave in, because I'd like to see this story continue.

I may be thinking about another failed wannabe pinball guy but isn't Andrew a lawyer?

It seems like an open and shut free speech case to me.

#1521 11 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

No, Andrew is a infomercial product salesman.

Thant's right....thanks.

Hope Don countersues for attorney's fees.

#1550 10 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

No lolsuit is complete without trying to sue patreon too.
(deep cut joke, but if anyone gets it, I really love you! Maddox lost!)

He and Dick Masterson are still going after each other.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PismoArcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-new-pin-reveal-12-16-punny-factory?tu=PismoArcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.