IMG_4378.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
costanza (resized).png
main-qimg-705ef6c31cf22ebae587c893d875c2b9.gif
download (4) (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #14 Comment from the designer Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (4 years ago)

Post #979 Don's account of receiving a punny factory game Posted by toddtuckey (7 months ago)

Post #982 Screenshot of Don's facebook post Posted by koji (7 months ago)

Post #989 Andrew's response to Don's post Posted by PinballBuzz (7 months ago)

Post #1048 Original Punny Factory book series Posted by blueberryjohnson (7 months ago)

Post #1087 Phones & gameplay video of the 2nd game: Elements Posted by Knapp_Arcade (6 months ago)

Post #1104 Response to Don's gofundme Posted by CrazyLevi (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EternitytoM83.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#228 3 years ago

Wait, so Punny Factory is actually a licensed theme? (Surely they didn't just center the game around Don Knotts' likeness without an agreement with his estate.)

(from https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/punny-factory-teaser-video-new-code-updates-interview-with-zofia-ryan-alien-lighting-harry-potter-updates-new-mm-art-blades-andrew-bogut-twip-2-1-21/)

#240 3 years ago

My burning question after watching that video is: Will Sushi-Mania feature not-Mickey Rooney from Breakfast at Tiffany's?

sushi-mania (resized).pngsushi-mania (resized).png
#266 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Using a Don Knotts impersonator to narrate this game is a great way to expand the market to people in their 80s. It's an unexplored and unexploited market segment for pinball!
Other suggested future themes to capitalize:
Lee Greenwood: Not in This Lifetime (seriously, time is running out)
Beaver's Pinball Party
MATLOCK!
Pinball She Wrote
Ensure!

My granddad would have found it hilarious!

My granddad passed away seven years ago.

9 months later
#332 2 years ago

Just when I was about to order one of everything.

error (resized).pngerror (resized).png
5 months later
#367 1 year ago

How did Knapp Arcade post an article about this and fail to mention the best part?

smoke-machine (resized).pngsmoke-machine (resized).png

If you thought this game wouldn't be any fun, just wait till someone mods it into a giant bong.

7 months later
#429 1 year ago

Please tell me that robot lady from the YouTube videos does the callouts on the game.

3 months later
#618 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

I'm impressed they licensed the Don Knotts' voice likeness since his soundalike is all over this commercial product.
They did license it, right?

Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

No. The future C&D is gonna be great, those who missed Skit-B get to experience the excitement!

I think you're probably correct since the question is always met with silence, but they can't say they weren't warned. Two years ago:

Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Wait, so Punny Factory is actually a licensed theme? (Surely they didn't just center the game around Don Knotts' likeness without an agreement with his estate.)

3 weeks later
#684 11 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

As an aside, Google reverse image search has made huge strides the past few years if you feel like knowing where Andrew is "acquiring" art

Are you implying that he's not paying artists for their work?

images (resized).jpegimages (resized).jpeg
#780 11 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Maybe andrew should fire Kevin Kulek as his licensing manager,take some of his fivr budget and hire someone to read him the British Columbia law on publicly rights (commonly referred to as ‘right of publicity’ or ‘wrongful misappropriation of personality’)
“ The provinces of British Columbia, Manitoba, Newfoundland and Saskatchewan have all enacted legislation governing personality. The most explicit provincial legislation is the Privacy Act of British Columbia, which states that an unauthorised use of name or portrait, including caricature, of another ‘for the purpose of advertising or promoting the sale of, or other trading in, property or services’ is a tort, actionable without proof of damage”
https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=1a1b54e0-51b2-42ef-b4cc-2a1107c555df#:~:text=right%20of%20publicity%3F-,In%20Canada%2C%20rights%20of%20publicity%20are%20protected%20by%20the%20common,of%20his%20or%20her%20image.
Plus… many of thd people he has chosen to steal from would have trademarks on their public personas, opening him to trademark claims as well… where there is lots of international protection too.
But hey, we’re just trolls on the internet telling the head of a company how basic intellectual property works …. I mean he’s big and successful!!

Get out of here with your trolling. I, for one, am going to use my newfound understanding of fair use and copyright (courtesy of Pinball Adventures) to cash in.

Announcing my brand new line of t-shirts, now for sale on Redbubble!

t-shirts (resized).pngt-shirts (resized).png
#788 11 months ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

I thought you would all enjoy one of Andrew's responses to my QR Code idea I wanted to do.....and see for yourself and how his "Staff of 12" thought QR Codes are SO outdated!

To be fair, a lot of people were saying that QR codes were dead back then. But then COVID happened, and all the restaurants put their menus online to keep everyone's grubby hands off of them, and now QR codes are everywhere.

4 weeks later
#829 10 months ago
Quoted from WarriorPin:

Shocked that any would think “puns” - yeah that will sell a lot of machines. What next, an algebra themed machine?

6a0128770ad0fb970c0191042e4cfc970c (resized).jpg6a0128770ad0fb970c0191042e4cfc970c (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#846 9 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

They have officially surpassed deeproot and delivered a paid for game! It's a low bar to hurdle, but these guys are officially better than Rober Mueller and the Deeproot team. Congrats!

U3N5.gifU3N5.gif
#867 9 months ago

I feel a little bad for Oasis Arcade. They were so hyped to receive it, right up until their ears started bleeding.

2 months later
#1058 7 months ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

I just read through a few of the "Punnys" in the sample pages. If you hate yourself, you should do the same.

Security cam footage from the offices of the book publishers that Andrew submitted this to before going the self-publishing route:

eyewash.gifeyewash.gif
2 months later
#1210 4 months ago

For a minute there I thought the Don Knotts estate had filed legal action to claim their rightful share of those fat stacks of Punny profits.

1 month later
#1447 3 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why does "spec's" have an apostrophe?
That's the final straw. I'm definitely not buying one now.

Pun-ctuation was never Andrew's strong suit.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EternitytoM83.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-new-pin-reveal-12-16-punny-factory?tu=EternitytoM83 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.