pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4378.jpeg
costanza (resized).png
main-qimg-705ef6c31cf22ebae587c893d875c2b9.gif
download (4) (resized).jpeg
There are 1,564 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 32.
#1 4 years ago

I have not even read this yet but there was another pinball machine revealed today... Punny Factory. Anybody know anything about this? Their timing is terrible but I wish them luck.

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2019/12/16/punny-factory/

#2 4 years ago
Punny (resized).jpgPunny (resized).jpg
#3 4 years ago

Was this the guy that dissed Todd Tuckey and his book.....??

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Was this the guy that dissed Todd Tuckey and his book.....??

Skimming through the article it is mentioned on the first page. This is the guy.

53-punny-factory-1024x751 (resized).jpg53-punny-factory-1024x751 (resized).jpg
#5 4 years ago

Always Good with more pinball. The pf looks kind of simple though, would love some more toys or other things than just a bazillion standup targets.

#6 4 years ago

Can't see it from work but I never like that many stand ups spelling words; personal peve; That's what drops are for.

#7 4 years ago

looks like a re-themed flash.

#8 4 years ago

Good thing he's getting help from the experts who came up with the Mafia pin. I'm sure these will sell in the half dozens!

#10 4 years ago

I can imagine all of these in the app store for a 99 cent game but to think of the commitment of money and man hours to produce a physical pinball of... these games?

#11 4 years ago

Wtf? A game that stereotypes Canadians? I can already see the playfield. It will have trees and montains on it, a moose, back bacon, maple syrup, kids playing hockey and dudes in toques drinking Molsons.
canada_color.jpgcanada_color.jpg

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

A game that stereotypes Canadians?

Could be perfect in a two pin collection with Oktoberfest.

#13 4 years ago

The design is from Dave Sanders who did the Heighway Alien pin.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

The design is from Dave Sanders who did the Heighway Alien pin.

Yep, so now you know. It was my resolution this year to get another game completed, and while 2019 has been one hell of a bad personal ride, I've pretty well made the achievement and feel good about it. It's not the game I set out to do at the start, PA called the shots with this one to keep it on brand, but after Heighway I always intended to step back a bit and concentrate on something that was just more fun. TP is happy with the results, and we've demonstrated that we're a safe pair of hands that can give them most of what they want, explain if certain elements won't work and suggest alternatives, and know what we're doing when it comes to visualising ideas, which already gives us more freedom for any contracted follow-up project. Both myself and PA didn't look at Mafia as a 'product'; we looked at it as a platform, and I've been keen to see what I could do with it and how it can also evolve.

Any speculation here on Punny Factory sales is probably irrelevant. Team Pinball isn't selling the game, it's taken lessons and some advice from me and reinvented itself as a small studio (seriously folks, for anyone out there looking to create a game, the WORST thing you can do is start off by calling yourself a 'manufacturer' and presetting everyone's expectations and comparisons). And Punny Factory being one of PA's brands that is also involved in children's charity and hospital work, I expect the game will be used to promote that.

#15 4 years ago

None of this changes the fact that Andrew Macbain, of Pinball Adventures and dangerous gutter scoop inventor, is an ignorant fool. That isn't even an opinion, just read the Pinball Adventures thread for yourself if you are not familiar with this person. Hard Pass.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/todd-n-tuckey-book-deal-1o-volumes/

Todd's response after the termination:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/todd-tuckey-s-response-to-pinball-adventures-book-deal-termination-

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Any speculation here on Punny Factory sales is probably irrelevant. Team Pinball isn't selling the game, it's taken lessons and some advice from me and reinvented itself as a small studio (seriously folks, for anyone out there looking to create a game, the WORST thing you can do is start off by calling yourself a 'manufacturer' and presetting everyone's expectations and comparisons).

woah, that seems downright sober

#17 4 years ago

Positive comment time! I love the binary bonus inserts. Always more fun to see a bonus meltdown on the playfield, and that's the most efficient way to count a ton of bonus.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Wtf? A game that stereotypes Canadians? I can already see the playfield. It will have trees and montains on it, a moose, back bacon, maple syrup, kids playing hockey and dudes in toques drinking Molsons.
[quoted image]

Sounds a lot like Northern New York as well.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Yep, so now you know. It was my resolution this year to get another game completed, and while 2019 has been one hell of a bad personal ride, I've pretty well made the achievement and feel good about it.

Glad you found an outlet, Dave. Congrats.

#21 4 years ago

I can see our old friend McBain hasn’t become any more coherent over the past year or So...

“Customer demand for the Punny Factory game is unknown at this stage. Andrew is not expecting to be a major manufacturer in the first few years and is quite happy with that, but says he would “love to hit it out of the ball park for his customers on game three or four.””

What does this even mean? So customers are going to be served a steaming pile of shit for games one or two, but maybe they’ll bear with him?

Punny factory?!?!?!

My god. Please make it stop. What has the hobby done to deserve this?

We just wanted a nice stable industry, with a pinball company or two cranking out quality games for us.

Instead it’s come to this. Dozens of new pinball companies a week. Dad jokes being turned into pinball machines. A never ending throng if Con men and big talkers desperately trying to milk a few dollars out of this while the gravy train rumbles on.

I just don’t get how we went from “pinball is hard” to “hey dad! That pun was hilarious how about you start a pinball company?” In a few short years.

There’s room for about three sane, stable companies in the pinball business making original games and we have that. I’m not sure what the other couple dozen bring to the table that we don’t already want and have.

#22 4 years ago

the upkicker to wiggler channel above the shooter lane is an ingenious use of the space and nice to see

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I just don’t get how we went from “pinball is hard” to “hey dad! That pun was hilarious how about you start a pinball company?”

Maybe you’re being pun-ished?

#24 4 years ago

This is the worst thing that has ever existed in the history of the universe.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This is the worst thing that has ever existed in the history of the universe.

Mafia and Thunderbirds would like to have a word with you.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

At least those theme concepts didn't make me want to gouge my brain with a hot poker through my nostrils.

#27 4 years ago

This is mind-numbing.

Still not as bad as Thunderbirds though.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

At least those theme concepts didn't make me want to gouge my brain with a hot poker through my nostrils.

Funny you should mention that because I literally had to hide all the hot pokers in my house when I had a Thunderbirds for the fear that I would gouge my brain out.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I’d rather have a collection of Mafia, Thunderbirds, and all 3 versions of Ghostbusters if that would somehow change the timeline so that this painfully cringey insanity ceased to exist.

#30 4 years ago

Artwork looks Amazing

#31 4 years ago

this game is going to be in every goddang PAPA A-division finals for the next 4 years, you grumpy miscreants.

#32 4 years ago

anybody think - just on looks alone - it's better them both of AP's machines?

#33 4 years ago

WTF is a punny?

#34 4 years ago

I know pinballnews aren't exactly Woodward and Bernstein but just offering yourself up as a softball serving PR mouthpiece to a jerk off like McBain is pretty shameful from an organization with "news" in their name.

All you really need to know about the brains behind Zombie Sushi and the fucking Punny Factory is right here...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/todd-n-tuckey-book-deal-1o-volumes

#35 4 years ago

Never thought I'd be in this predicament - Keep my Rick and Morty order or lose my deposit and go with "Punny Factory". This is like 'Sofie's Choice' for me....

#36 4 years ago

Does this get you excited for the new pin?

#37 4 years ago

WTF was that?!? (Re: video above shared by Coz)

(To the video maker and/or editor: Maybe you should show a little bit of the pinball machine in your 'pinball' video???)

#38 4 years ago

Bold last minute marketing strategy would be to rename it Pu**y Factory, that'll move some units

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

This is what happens when everyone gets a trophy when competing as a child.

They grow up and think shit like this is actually good. They must be completely delusional.

SMDH....

#40 4 years ago

I lost my job at the bank on my very first day. – A woman asked me to check her balance, so I pushed her over.

Have you ever tried eating a clock? It’s really time-consuming, especially if you go for seconds.

I Googled “How to start a Wildfire”. I got 48,500 matches.

If i’m the night guard at the Samsung store, does that make me a… guardian of the galaxy?

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I lost my job at the bank on my very first day. – A woman asked me to check her balance, so I pushed her over.

Have you ever tried eating a clock? It’s really time-consuming, especially if you go for seconds.

I Googled “How to start a Wildfire”. I got 48,500 matches.

If i’m the night guard at the Samsung store, does that make me a… guardian of the galaxy?

Go home dad, you're drunk!

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

None of this changes the fact that Andrew Macbain, of Pinball Adventures and dangerous gutter scoop inventor, is an ignorant fool. That isn't even an opinion, just read the Pinball Adventures thread for yourself if you are not familiar with this person. Hard Pass.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/todd-n-tuckey-book-deal-1o-volumes/
Todd's response after the termination:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/todd-tuckey-s-response-to-pinball-adventures-book-deal-termination-

Just read thru the majority of that thread. What a great read.

This theme is ridiculously lame. Out of touch.

Also checked out pinballbuzz profile and it says he was active today. Probably lurking this thread seeing jow his machine is doing.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from KrustyBurger:

WTF was that?!? (Re: video above shared by Coz)
(To the video maker and/or editor: Maybe you should show a little bit of the pinball machine in your 'pinball' video???)

That, was fucking RAD.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

the upkicker to wiggler channel above the shooter lane is an ingenious use of the space and nice to see

Mousin' Around?

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Kind of getting a Deep Root vibe.

It's NOT just a pinball company. It's a media conglomerate entertainment juggernaut!!!!

#46 4 years ago

LOL, Punny Factory?!?!

Should have named it "Shit Show" for a more fitting, appropriate title.

First thing that comes to mind is the truck from Kill Bill, and not in a good way.

#47 4 years ago

Yes....a SERIOUS Deep Root vibe. These guys are geniuses are we are all idiots unless you can see the brilliance in Zombie Sushi...

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

LOL, Punny Factory?!?!
Should have named it "Shit Show" for a more fitting, appropriate title.
First thing that comes to mind is the truck from Kill Bill, and not in a good way.

I was going to say that as well about the yellow truck.

#49 4 years ago

I can't tell if it's actually him, or just a knockoff, but is that Jack McBrayer (of 30 rock fame) narrating the "promo"?

Welcome to bizzaro world folks.

#50 4 years ago

Looks so much better than any of the recent Sterns!

There are 1,564 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-new-pin-reveal-12-16-punny-factory?hl=manadams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.