pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
main-qimg-705ef6c31cf22ebae587c893d875c2b9.gif
download (4) (resized).jpeg
_de7467e5-ddfd-45ea-a03a-edd450af1d75 (resized).jpeg
_206e6be7-77dc-4025-9328-3cdc92146061 (resized).jpeg
download (4) (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2023-12-29 at 5.18.34?PM (resized).png

There are 1,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 31.
#401 1 year ago

Interestingly their Instagram is posting photos of future games after Punny.

Is this knot on the playfield (under Quake) an homage to Don Knotts? The printing process looks rough let alone what they are printing on. If you zoom in there is an orange peel texture in particular top left.

IMG_20221027_133621.jpgIMG_20221027_133621.jpg
#402 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

Is this knot on the playfield (under Quake) an homage to Don Knotts? The printing process looks rough let alone what they are printing on. If you zoom in there is an orange peel texture in particular top left.
[quoted image]

Love it. Would be even neater to post an update about their ten finished games that were to be at—and available for show price sale— at Expo. If only someone from the company frequented these forums and could let us know what's going on.

#403 1 year ago

A new Reel was just released to their Instagram showing off some of Punny Factory. Their profile now says Dec 1st release. Christmas is coming early!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CkgbxI7pYk4/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

#404 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

[quoted image]

see, this looks cool. Looks like an mid-80s game with a Stern Premium style upper playfield.
2 uturns? Sure. cool.

#405 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Andrew’s got nothing and has had nothing aside from a few homebrews with plastic cabinets

Thank god for plastic cabinets

9E4CD821-54C4-4B8A-AF86-1A6688466050 (resized).jpeg9E4CD821-54C4-4B8A-AF86-1A6688466050 (resized).jpeg
#406 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballBuzz:

Thank god for plastic cabinets
[quoted image]

So now it’s back to wood?

For the love of God just lug this thing to a show and “reveal” this game already.

#407 1 year ago

How about some pinball puns:

Brick Shot (a house brick shooting a gun)
Death Save (the Grim Reaper playing a football goalie and saving a penalty)
Kick Back (a boot kicking someone's back)

... I could go on (and on, and on)... but that's all my creativity used up for today.

#408 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

That's all my creativity used up for today.

Really? I thought sure you would have at least one pinball pun for Slam Tilt.

3 weeks later
#409 1 year ago

Can someone explain the deal with the toys?

#410 1 year ago

I think 'Hydro Dip' may be how the artists prepared to work that day rather than what was done to these toys. I don't get it, they look like some kids got ahold of some spray cans and glitter.

I thought today was supposed to be the big reveal day? Oh well, I am really looking forward to this literal Muscle Car theme.

muscle_car.jpegmuscle_car.jpeg
#411 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

I think 'Hydro Dip' may be how the artists prepared to work that day rather than what was done to these toys. I don't get it, they look like some kids got ahold of some spray cans and glitter.
I thought today was supposed to be the big reveal day? Oh well, I am really looking forward to this literal Muscle Car theme.
[quoted image]

Today was supposed to be reveal day?

#412 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Today was supposed to be reveal day?

I should have taken a screen shot but 28 days ago when I posted, their Insta profile said "Punny Factory Dec 1 Release" or something to that effect. It's obviously been scrubbed.

#413 1 year ago

The same shit, no real updates, no progress.

Eventually you guys will realize this is 100% a scam

#414 1 year ago

The same shit, no real updates, no progress.
Eventually you guys will realize this is 100% a scam

Yeah but what kind of scam? I still lean towards it's him writing his homebrew hobby off as a business expense on his taxes.

I don't think he has ripped anyone off though (besides maybe the Don Knotts estate - and that whole Todd Tuckey book situation). Hopefully his contractors are getting paid since someone else is doing a lot of the design work

#415 1 year ago

I wonder if there's a seminar by a tax consultant, like How to Pivot Your Pinball Obsession Into A Tax Write-off. Scrappy startup for the homebrewers, prohibitively accessible museum for the warehousers

#416 1 year ago

I still have a hard time taking this thing seriously lol. Guess time will tell.

Tax write off though? Good thought. Making 10 games definitely a money loser but might break even writing it off.

4 weeks later
#417 1 year ago

Stuff is being built so that's something. I'm curious about the redesign of the playfield rails this late in production. More delays!

Pulled these photos off of their Instagram.

IMG_20230103_145548.jpgIMG_20230103_145548.jpgIMG_20230103_145656.jpgIMG_20230103_145656.jpg
#418 1 year ago

Hopefully they will have one to play at TPF

#419 1 year ago

These suddenly feel like a bargain

#420 1 year ago
Quoted from TAVsPlace:

Hopefully they will have one to play at TPF

Do they ever go to TPF? I suppose they said they were going to Expo as well. Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show in June down in Tacoma seems like it would be a better fit given it is just down the I-5.

#421 1 year ago

"Can you spot any other puns? Let us know in the comments"

Screenshot 2023-01-03 at 2.41.28 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-01-03 at 2.41.28 PM (resized).png
#422 1 year ago

Holly cow, I can't believe they're actually making these things. Guys, seriously? You're making the same mistakes as Mr Heighway.

#423 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

Do they ever go to TPF? I suppose they said they were going to Expo as well. Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show in June down in Tacoma seems like it would be a better fit given it is just down the I-5.

I do not think they display at TPF, was just thinking it would be a good spot to let people try the game and maybe sell a few but you are right Tacoma might be easier for them.

#424 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Holly cow, I can't believe they're actually making these things. Guys, seriously? You're making the same mistakes as Mr Heighway.

It’s a lost cause.
After Heighway, and deeproot, and other such scams/bad faith businesses, pinheads are desperate to shovel cash into yet another dumpster fire.

It’s insanity. He’s missed every deadline, he’s vague as hell, we see almost nothing meaningful besides what amounts to a homebrew project, he’s “innovating” in all wrong the areas, AND HE ALREADY SCAMMED PEOPLE ONCE WITH THE BOOK VENTURE.

It is truly beyond words how pinball folk take a gold medal in hurdling over red flags to give some clown their money.

#425 1 year ago

Who did we scam? Please show your proof before posting total lies. It’s morons like you that ruin this industry.

Pretty large homebrew project.

#426 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballBuzz:

Who did we scam? Please show your proof before posting total lies. It’s morons like you that ruin this industry.

Are you a homebrew project or a commercial business?

Because you come off as the former, but probably report it like the later...

I don't really care either way.

#427 1 year ago

Lol hydrodipped, aka spray paint sprayed in water and 3d printed junk dipped into the water.

It’s a lost cause.
After Heighway, and deeproot, and other such scams/bad faith businesses, pinheads are desperate to shovel cash into yet another dumpster fire.
It’s insanity. He’s missed every deadline, he’s vague as hell, we see almost nothing meaningful besides what amounts to a homebrew project, he’s “innovating” in all wrong the areas, AND HE ALREADY SCAMMED PEOPLE ONCE WITH THE BOOK VENTURE.
It is truly beyond words how pinball folk take a gold medal in hurdling over red flags to give some clown their money.

Pinballbuzz is already a known scammer and jackwagon, the games are a complete joke, and yes, every InNoVaTiOn is complete idiocy.

Quoted from PinballBuzz:

I guess we'll just ignore your crappo pinball book that turned out to be a huge scam then on top that of you tried to drag Todd Tuckey through the mud, or that your whole empire is built on infomercial grifts, or that a ton of things you've promised on this release have already been broken. Yeah..its definitely somebody else being a moron ruining the industry though...

#428 1 year ago

What scam? The misprint of 100 books that were then properly re-printed and sent out to the buyers at no cost?
If you did your research you would know we are on book #8 and have posted pictures using moulds for our games.
Hydro dipping is very technical and unique using expensive chemicals and safety equipment not just spray paint!
And what do you think all the other pinball companies use on their toys ...... crayons?

What empire we haven’t released anything yet or taken a dime from anyone!

Boy seems like a lot of misleading information for a guy who posts a hell of a lot with Isochronic_Frost as your back-up buddy.
Thank God you’re not working in the media. Now I know where the term fake news comes from.
A picture to remind you of the word research and hard work before posting.

unnamed (1) (resized).jpgunnamed (1) (resized).jpg
#429 1 year ago

Please tell me that robot lady from the YouTube videos does the callouts on the game.

#430 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballBuzz:

Hydro dipping is very technical and unique using expensive chemicals and safety equipment not just spray paint!

Are you sure?
https://www.instructables.com/Hydro-Dipping/

#431 1 year ago

Kudos on actually making molded parts

#432 1 year ago

There is more technical ways to do it, but you get a lot better/different results than what their showing in their video and they shouldn't be "different in every pinball machine sold". Its clearly the quick and fast (aka crappy) way of doing it. more lies.

Kudos on molded parts I guess?

Quoted from PinballBuzz:

What scam? The misprint of 100 books that were then properly re-printed and sent out to the buyers at no cost?
If you did your research you would know we are on book #8 and have posted pictures using moulds for our games.
And what do you think all the other pinball companies use on their toys ...... crayons?
What empire we haven’t released anything yet or taken a dime from anyone!
Boy seems like a lot of misleading information for a guy who posts a hell of a lot with Isochronic_Frost as your back-up buddy.
Thank God you’re not working in the media. Now I know where the term fake news comes from.
A picture to remind you of the word research and hard work before posting.
[quoted image]

Wow so nice for you to take your low quality book that wasn't anything like what was promised and fixed one technical error. Would be nice if the pages weren't thinner than tissue paper on the second run too.

8 books now? Wow. Did you ever release the Todd Tuckey smear campaign one you advertise on your website? Or the two other books that are coming in 2021? I only see 4 books on your amazon page and website, all with horrible reviews, plus your 2 punny factory books that nobody buys. I hope your games are better than your shovelware books. If I wanted shovelware books I'd at least get some books by Chuck Tingle (hes got almost 350 books!), so I could get a laugh. At least you admit to your book grift, yet another slimeball move, although you couldn't help but to embellish again.

51hJj+QrVxL (resized).jpg51hJj+QrVxL (resized).jpg

#433 1 year ago

Don't speak ill of Chuck Tingle. He is a true artist

(I once got modded just for posting some of his book covers before, so watch out)

#434 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Don't speak ill of Chuck Tingle
(I once got modded just for posting some of his book covers before, so watch out)

I unironically would never speak ill of Chuck Tingle. That guy is a genius!

#435 1 year ago
Quoted from cait001:

I wonder if there's a seminar by a tax consultant, like How to Pivot Your Pinball Obsession Into A Tax Write-off. Scrappy startup for the homebrewers, prohibitively accessible museum for the warehousers

As a practicing CPA that mainly does taxes I do not understand when there is an assumption that business activities are done with the sole purpose of a tax write off. That does not make much sense. Cash is king. Why would you spend a million dollars to produce a loss with the sole goal of using it to save on taxes? You are going to spend a million in cash to save $250k in taxes? I would rather keep $750k in my pocket.

#436 1 year ago

Puny Factory should be renamed Cringe AF. Seriously, who are you marketing this game to? Also, tell your playfield artist to lay off the skittles gradients.

#437 1 year ago

Sure perfect example of research, just google and pick the first video that pops up

#438 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Puny Factory should be renamed Cringe AF. Seriously, who are you marketing this game to? Also, tell your playfield artist to lay off the skittles gradients.

http://www.cartoonaday.com/
Here is our artists work , show us yours!

The difference between ignorance and apathy? I don’t know and I don’t care.

#439 1 year ago

I actually think the art is probably the best part of the project thus far. I could nit pick some parts of it, but overall it's solid. (Not an award winner, but totally competent and comparable to a lot of commercial art packages)

I'm willing to give you props where deserved.

#440 1 year ago

like a nitpick would be, why is the red band on that side of the ball guide?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

it seems like part of the playfield art ended up on the ball guide. Or at least it looks a bit funny

edit something else to nit pick, the Exit arrow should probably be in the outlane area, not on the ball guide area

#441 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballBuzz:

I never got the reprinted book. I emailed the website and ended up ghosted. So yeah, I wasn't made whole...

Ron

#442 1 year ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I never got the reprinted book. I emailed the website and ended up ghosted. So yeah, I wasn't made whole...
Ron

Send up the back up e-mail and we check it against our list and will gladly send you a new one right away.

#443 1 year ago

PinballBuzz if I may suggest, I would focus on building the games vs justifying your choices for art or toys here on Pinside. Let the product speak for itself when people can get their hands on it.

But since you are here, what are the issues with the playfield rails this late in production that you posted about in December? Was this the reason the Dec 1st release was scuppered? Guessing so. Do you have any plans to bring this to a public event any time soon? I think there are many curious people looking forward to trying this, but it has been one delay after another with little explanation that is exhausting goodwill.

#444 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

PinballBuzz if I may suggest, I would focus on building the games vs justifying your choices for art or toys here on Pinside. Let the product speak for itself when people can get their hands on it.
But since you are here, what are the issues with the playfield rails this late in production that you posted about in December? Was this the reason the Dec 1st release was scuppered? Guessing so. Do you have any plans to bring this to a public event any time soon? I think there are many curious people looking forward to trying this, but it has been one delay after another with little explanation that is exhausting goodwill.

Yeah...this whole thread is giving me a strong Tommy Tallarico vibe.

My main issue was the Todd Tuckey trashing.

*The "ah so" Mickey Rooney Sushi pin was a close second.

#445 1 year ago

I’ve got a Rush pro.

I think my “Canadian Dad Joke” quota is full for about the next 20 years.

#446 1 year ago

When will the first game publicly debut or ship, @pinballbuzz? Thought we would have seen something by now given you had several machines hit less than 20% machine testing to total completion months ago.

https://www.pinballadventures.com/punny-progress-page/

Screenshot 2023-01-04 at 7.26.10 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-01-04 at 7.26.10 PM (resized).png
#447 1 year ago

This is my favorite train wreck of a pinside thread. It always brightens my day when it pops up.

#448 1 year ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

The "ah so" Mickey Rooney Sushi pin was a close second.

On a positive note, the horrendously racist looking stuff has been taken off the page for Sushi-Mania.

#449 1 year ago
Quoted from RCA1:

On a positive note, the horrendously racist looking stuff has been taken off the page for Sushi-Mania.

Fruit-O-Matics heavily fleshed out complete with a Dialed In style comic book.

https://www.pinballadventures.com/fruit-o-matics/

We also now have the game Forsaken Ninja

https://www.pinballadventures.com/ninja-pinball-2/

NickBuffaloPinball will be so excited.

#450 1 year ago

Fruit-O-Matics heavily fleshed out complete with a Dialed In style comic book.
https://www.pinballadventures.com/fruit-o-matics/
We also now have the game Forsaken Ninja
https://www.pinballadventures.com/ninja-pinball-2/
NickBuffaloPinball will be so excited.

PinballBuzz do you have the rights to use any of that artwork on your site? (I seem some art from https://www.menyhei.com)

There are 1,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-new-pin-reveal-12-16-punny-factory/page/9?hl=dwboca and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.