pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4378.jpeg
costanza (resized).png
main-qimg-705ef6c31cf22ebae587c893d875c2b9.gif
download (4) (resized).jpeg
There are 1,564 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 32.
#301 2 years ago

Anyone heard anymore on this?

#302 2 years ago

Strangely, their Instagram account <https://www.instagram.com/pinballadventures/> has recent posts.

#303 2 years ago

Well this topic sent me down a rabbit hole... my favourite part of the drama was when Andrew Mcbain was upset that Todd promoted the book. As if he hired one of the most recognizable names in the industry with the biggest social media following so he wouldn't talk about it.

The other one was where he said he had a photographer of award winning pinball shows. Not an award winning photographer, a photographer of award winning things. Impressive, I am also a photographer of award winning things.

Anyways, the table looks kind of interesting but there is not a chance in hell I would do business with anyone associated with that guy after reading the topic he had his meltdown in.

#305 2 years ago

Wow, they have even more equipment on-hand than Haggis.

I'm only vaguely familiar with Pinball Adv. and Punny Factory, do they make other things there? Cuz that looks like a million dollar operation with all that equipment and building space. Wondering where the money comes from.

#306 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Wow, they have even more equipment on-hand than Haggis.
I'm only vaguely familiar with Pinball Adv. and Punny Factory, do they make other things there? Cuz that looks like a million dollar operation with all that equipment and building space. Wondering where the money comes from.

I have no background info but my guess is he showed the factories of subcontractors that make parts for him.

#307 2 years ago

Wow, there is just way too much money in the world. We’ve finally reached the point where there is nothing better to do with it.

#309 2 years ago

The end of the Punny Factory Tour Video mentions the "QR codes" with his pretty decent rendering of me, and the music I use in some of my videos. The QR Code references are when I actually advertised having this feature for my botched book series (courtesy of Andrew).

I thought that as you were reading my book, when I mentioned a game or a repair/fact/feature of it, a QR code would take you to that exact moment in a TNT video of what I was referring to! You would read, and then watch something, and go back to reading, etc.

Here is some of the copy from my letter I sent to would be advertisers for the back of the book...

"There will also be pages that will contain QR Codes that will link directly to my YouTube videos about specific machines."

But Andrew did not like the idea of the QR codes at all. He nixed it even though I already told folks it would be in the book....here is his response...

"A quick poll of our office of 12 staff, everyone said that the codes are outdated and that they would never use them and only two staff have ever used them in their life since you need an app." Andrew

And "Kids Go Nuts For It" (spoken in the beginning) is for sure a Todd N. Tuckey line! At leaset Andrew still loves me!

#310 2 years ago

I’m supposed to be impressed with him touring some contracted workshop facilities?
You can see when he shows you the “lights” that he’s at a wholesale place walking through their warehouse. Complete with items bagged and labeled on pegboard.
The metal shop was making copper bowls, why the hell would that be made for pinball machines? Obviously because he went to his local sheet metal place and walked around. I like Dominic with his Maynards hat. They do industrial auctions, and that first place looked completely empty.
Is he just posturing around industrial properties so he can pass it off as his own? Notice at the one shop with his “topper” there’s a huge garage door with an RV parked outside, and the only think pinball related is his conspicuously placed “topper” and cashbox.

He’s literally just showing us successful businesses that he has contracted and passing it off as his own. What an bumbling fool.

My favorite part is the empty racks with two pieces of backbox with art very conspicuously staged. I’m supposed to be impressed with 2 random staged backbox pieces sitting on some cantilevers? How can he be ready to ship if there are no boxes or playfields ready to go in sight?

McBum’s only talent is poor imitation of successful people. He copied Todd, and now he’s copying one of the most successful scam artists in pinball, deeproot/Mueller. We’ve seen what someone can do with a smokescreen “facility” that doesn’t do anything. Not sure how McBum is financing his latest scam, but we will never see Punny Factory beyond some half-ass prototypes. This is just deeproot 2.0
We’ve all seen how “real” you can make it seem and still have literally nothing to show for it. RAZA was also a functioning playing prototype.

Anyone who actually gives this man money truly deserved the scam. It will end up seized by the feds once the creditors come knocking, save time and just cheat the IRS yourself! Especially given this very poorly-masked scam with only a single homebrew machine with basic functionality, there is zero proof behind this.

#311 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I’m supposed to be impressed with him touring some contracted workshop facilities?
You can see when he shows you the “lights” that he’s at a wholesale place walking through their warehouse. Complete with items bagged and labeled on pegboard.
The metal shop was making copper bowls, why the hell would that be made for pinball machines? Obviously because he went to his local sheet metal place and walked around. I like Dominic with his Maynards hat. They do industrial auctions, and that first place looked completely empty.
Is he just posturing around industrial properties so he can pass it off as his own? Notice at the one shop with his “topper” there’s a huge garage door with an RV parked outside, and the only think pinball related is his conspicuously placed “topper” and cashbox.
He’s literally just showing us successful businesses that he has contracted and passing it off as his own. What an bumbling fool.
My favorite part is the empty racks with two pieces of backbox with art very conspicuously staged. I’m supposed to be impressed with 2 random staged backbox pieces sitting on some cantilevers? How can he be ready to ship if there are no boxes or playfields ready to go in sight?
McBum’s only talent is poor imitation of successful people. He copied Todd, and now he’s copying one of the most successful scam artists in pinball, deeproot/Mueller. We’ve seen what someone can do with a smokescreen “facility” that does do anything. Not sure how McBum is financing his latest scam, but we will never see Punny Factory beyond some half-ass prototypes. This is just deeproot 2.0
We’ve all seen how “real” you can make it seem and still have literally nothing to show for it. RAZA was also a functioning playing prototype.
Anyone who actually gives this man money truly deserved the scam. It will end up seized by the feds once the creditors come knocking, save time and just cheat the IRS yourself! Especially given this very poorly-masked scam with only a single homebrew machine with basic functionality, there is zero proof behind this.

I love all the terrible/awkward edits when he's showing off the "gameplay" of Punny Factory. You have to think he was unable to string together more than 8 seconds of gameplay before something went wrong.

#312 2 years ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

The end of the Punny Factory Tour Video mentions the "QR codes" with his pretty decent rendering of me, and the music I use in some of my videos. The QR Code references are when I actually advertised having this feature for my botched book series (courtesy of Andrew).
I thought that as you were reading my book, when I mentioned a game or a repair/fact/feature of it, a QR code would take you to that exact moment in a TNT video of what I was referring to! You would read, and then watch something, and go back to reading, etc.
Here is some of the copy from my letter I sent to would be advertisers for the back of the book...
"There will also be pages that will contain QR Codes that will link directly to my YouTube videos about specific machines."
But Andrew did not like the idea of the QR codes at all. He nixed it even though I already told folks it would be in the book....here is his response...
"A quick poll of our office of 12 staff, everyone said that the codes are outdated and that they would never use them and only two staff have ever used them in their life since you need an app." Andrew
And "Kids Go Nuts For It" (spoken in the beginning) is for sure a Todd N. Tuckey line! At leaset Andrew still loves me!

After all this time, Andrew is still obsessed with you.

Creepy.

#313 2 years ago

So, if I were starting a pinball company, I would probably put my first three games in the same cabinets, instead of three completely different designs. Why would anyone do this?

#314 2 years ago

Tbe blatant lying about the factory is what struck me, Andrew finally dipped his toes into fullblown falsehoods.

So far it has just been overzealous promises that surely can't be lived up to (not necessarily harmful yet), but this video was just a blatant scam.

Now, that's bad enough... but combine that with taking money in (surely coming soon at one point) and it becomes fraud and lying to investors and suddenly the factory lie looks 100x times worse, and also becomes a real issue. Slippery slope.

This video definitely crossed a line that the others had yet to.

#315 2 years ago

P.S. If your factory requires you to drive a 30 foot box truck between wings you are either Jeff Bezos driving across 1,000 acres of Amazon warehouses, or driving to 4 different towns to different subcontracted properties you don't own... I'll let you guys decide Seriously, who gets in a box truck to "go to another area"? Besides Walt Disney or Elon Musk.

#316 2 years ago
Quoted from Gameseum:

P.S. If your factory requires you to drive a 30 foot box truck between wings you are either Jeff Bezos driving across 1,000 acres of Amazon warehouses, or driving to 4 different towns to different subcontracted properties you don't own... I'll let you guys decide Seriously, who gets in a box truck to "go to another area"? Besides Walt Disney or Elon Musk.

Steven, firstly I’m proud that you’ve learned to edit your posts down to just a couple paragraphs! This is a big step!

Secondly, it’s kinda funny he viewed you as a kindred spirit, but he’s followed a far different path. You’ve got something to show for your efforts. We’re still waiting for Punny Factory that was allegedly finished last year.

The worst part about pinball scammers is that if they were honest, nobody would ever care!!! Just admit “Here are the vendors making our parts. Here is what we actually have ready” and people would support him. Andrew is simply too egotistical to admit the humble state of his “production”

#317 2 years ago

Steven, firstly I’m proud that you’ve learned to edit your posts down to just a couple paragraphs! This is a big step!
Secondly, it’s kinda funny he viewed you as a kindred spirit, but he’s followed a far different path. You’ve got something to show for your efforts. We’re still waiting for Punny Factory that was allegedly finished last year.
The worst part about pinball scammers is that if they were honest, nobody would ever care!!! Just admit “Here are the vendors making our parts. Here is what we actually have ready” and people would support him. Andrew is simply too egotistical to admit the humble state of his “production”

I'd love a Jack Danger style reveal-stream for Punny Factory. I genuinely would like to see how it shoots and plays, and what the rules are like. I love SS games, and Beatles is one of my favorite pins.

#318 2 years ago

I am waiting to see if these are just the overzealous infamous ramblings of a madman, or if it will be criminal. The tide shifts as soon as money is taken in, at which point this all takes a far darker turn overall. I guess we will see.

#319 2 years ago

So exactly where is Pinball Adventures located? Doesn't show up in a google search.

Update: Around Vancouver , Canada? According to the TWIP article.

#320 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

So exactly where is Pinball Adventures located? Doesn't show up in a google search.

Apparently 5 different places

#321 2 years ago
Quoted from Gameseum:

I am waiting to see if these are just the overzealous infamous ramblings of a madman, or if it will be criminal. The tide shifts as soon as money is taken in, at which point this all takes a far darker turn overall. I guess we will see.

Quoted from PinballBuzz:

Thanks for your stupid comments and ruining it once again for the nice people: Your mother must be proud.
Lets see something that you have done in pinball worth while showing.
40 per orders so far, we must be doing something right.
Look to This Week in Pinball for more updates.

He claimed he’s taken 40 “per orders” already in the RAZA thread, somebody needs to cross-reference the deeproot preorder list

#322 2 years ago

Wow, looks something might actually happen from them. Seems like he saw Robert and the “Pinbar Adventures” never show any manufacturing and made sure everyone saw that they are actually building something. Guess we will see

#323 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

Wow, looks something might actually happen from them. Seems like he saw Robert and the “Pinbar Adventures” never show any manufacturing and made sure everyone saw that they are actually building something. Guess we will see

Robert and dr also had flipping prototypes like this guy. He has nothing.

I, too, can build a machine with basic functionality in my workshop and call it a production machine if you want. I’ll even sell it to you for 6k! You are only allowed 30 seconds of playtime before you buy.

#324 2 years ago

...I, too, can build a machine with basic functionality in my workshop and call it a production machine if you want. I’ll even sell it to you for 6k! You are only allowed 30 seconds of playtime before you buy.

I'm in! Don't even need to see it, I trust you!

#325 2 years ago

Robert and dr also had flipping prototypes like this guy. He has nothing.
I, too, can build a machine with basic functionality in my workshop and call it a production machine if you want. I’ll even sell it to you for 6k! You are only allowed 30 seconds of playtime before you buy.

Well ok then! I'll shoot you my list of titles I would like and get the money ready so lets get started!

#326 2 years ago

I wonder if the Punny Factory itself is located in 8 different towns... could be an interesting gameplay mechanic!

1 month later
#327 2 years ago

An updated PinballAdventures.com has launched (h/t to https://anchor.fm/pinball-industry-news).

Lots of new content plus an online store where you can purchase pinball gadgets ranging from $29.99 to $399.00 right now.

#328 2 years ago

Wow Punny Factory is looking like Deeproot 2.0 with all of these gadgets that no one particularly needs and a list of games that will never see the light of day.

#329 2 years ago

Andrew reminds me of the dad from Gremlins, inventing all these things. Obviously the market can decide whether they actually solve a real problem.

He'd be mostly harmless and it's sort of entertaining, just too bad about his forum history.

#330 2 years ago

Wow, I can't wait until Kevin shows the new stuff to Nick on the next Bro podcast!

#331 2 years ago

They don't seem to have made much progress on "Sushi Mania".
And it's still a terrible idea.

sushi-mania (resized).jpgsushi-mania (resized).jpg
#332 2 years ago

Just when I was about to order one of everything.

error (resized).pngerror (resized).png
#333 2 years ago
Quoted from Apex:

Wow, I can't wait until Kevin shows the new stuff to Nick on the next Bro podcast!

Enjoy!

#334 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Andrew reminds me of the dad from Gremlins

How is the Pinball Pause product not called the Flipper Buddy? Lost opportunity there.

#335 2 years ago

Where are you supposed to keep the Flipper Buddy while you are playing? In your pocket? In the cupholder? Or is there a separate Flipper Buddy Buddy kit that latches the buddy onto the side of the game so it's easy to grab when you need to pause your game of pinball to take a dump?

#336 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Where are you supposed to keep the Flipper Buddy while you are playing? In your pocket? In the cupholder? Or is there a separate Flipper Buddy Buddy kit that latches the buddy onto the side of the game so it's easy to grab when you need to pause your game of pinball to take a dump?

You clearly haven't heard about the forthcoming gadget that empowers you to take a dump without pausing your game.

#337 2 years ago

I’ve never enjoyed podcasts or any other pinball streams (except the occasional Deadflip) but your hilarious coverage of Ballarama & Pinball Adventures is excellent! The commentary is hilarious, great job Kevin & Nick! Love that you’re asking the COMMON SENSE questions!!

Forgot to mention that the Pinball Pause is a great way to burn up flipper coils, it even says on the page “not intended for extended use” despite the fact that’s EXACTLY what it’s marketed as lol

#338 2 years ago

Now that was funny!

Adding to my podcasts playlist.

#339 2 years ago

So are these supposed to be ready for purchase in 2022?

#340 2 years ago

Make it stop, please...

#341 2 years ago

Punny Factory is having more rules and code added to it at present. We all know it's the 'test' game to demonstrate PA can actually produce something, and Andrew McBain's most 'personal' project based on one of his brands. We knew that going in and were fine with it.

Meanwhile I've got both Manias (Ninja and Sushi) on the drafting board and intend (given the right artist) to worldbuild both of them, so each will have an angle or a hook that the player can latch onto (ninjas aren't complicated, there's a lot of folklore you can add to them) and also get what the game is doing (so don't expect Sushi to finish up looking like that). One is a whimsical pastiche, one is a more serious action-adventure, both will have a storyline and both will have more emphasis on features and toys. I'm making games here with the intent on presenting something with a more unique layout approach and fresh playfield ideas that I'd want to play a lot, even if the brief to begin with seems completely mad. That's part of the challenge, and it makes the exercise way more interesting and satisfying to crack than I ever got out of doing Full Throttle. My function is to take game design ideas and see what works or can be improved upon with my own creativity. Give PA credit for at least thinking outside the box, even if the box is occasionally made of jelly beans, silly string and spam.

Ninja Mania / Forsaken Ninja is the one in particular that has me the most inspired and ambitious, where at the current drafting stage following the proof-of-concept digital test layout I'm looking at my work and thinking 'this is going to be something special if we really get it right'. A less-is-more approach with the shots will allow for a greater number of other features, larger toys, a more three-dimensional diorama look, and more ball interactivity with items like the skill-shot lookout tower and player-controlled ninja bridge as a primary flow device. If I'm allowed to, I could see about chronicling its development.

#342 2 years ago

OMG. This guy is hilarious. Every single product does not solve a problem. Plus his complete lack of regard for copyright is at insanity levels. Hulk Hogan, Cheech and Chong, Terminator etc. etc. Seriously?

Oh, and the blatant racist images... Just... Wow...

sushi_mania_2 (resized).jpgsushi_mania_2 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#343 2 years ago

I thought the first game was supposed to be released in 2021? Supply chain issues?

#344 2 years ago

The supply of bullshit is off the chain

#345 2 years ago

Pretty much not gonna happen is it

#346 2 years ago

My Pinball Book (Volume One) is no longer on the website! Oh well, and no commission checks in over two years either! Todd Tuckey

4 weeks later
#347 2 years ago

Feel for this guy. Come up with the perfect theme only to get hit with a supply chain double whammy while trying to manufacture a game about manufacturing.

#348 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Feel for this guy. Come up with the perfect theme only to get hit with a supply chain double whammy while trying to manufacture a game about manufacturing.

Gotta be the absolutely most oddball and out there of all the scam boutique manufacturers. Even weirder than Predator.

#349 2 years ago

NickBuffaloPinball some good news / bad news developments on the upcoming titles front

Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 6.43.07 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-01-27 at 6.43.07 AM (resized).png

Can you and Kevin try to get Andrew on the show for an interview? I'd appreciate some hard info on the release roadmap. The current emotional seesaw is doing a number on my insides.

https://www.pinballadventures.com/voltz-electrical-company/

Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 6.45.48 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-01-27 at 6.45.48 AM (resized).png

#350 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

NickBuffaloPinball some good news / bad news developments on the upcoming titles front
[quoted image]
Can you and Kevin try to get Andrew on the show for an interview? I'd appreciate some hard info on the release roadmap. The current emotional seesaw is doing a number on my insides.
https://www.pinballadventures.com/voltz-electrical-company/
[quoted image]

“That’s Wack” has now become the Voltz Electric Company.
Bizarre.
His themes are always like the “Millville” cereal knockoffs of name brands. They’re vaguely familiar until you really look and think “this guy is wack”

7A80E295-6BAC-41BE-BBCF-C63651FE8E23.jpeg7A80E295-6BAC-41BE-BBCF-C63651FE8E23.jpeg

There are 1,564 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-new-pin-reveal-12-16-punny-factory/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.