IMG_4378.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
costanza (resized).png
main-qimg-705ef6c31cf22ebae587c893d875c2b9.gif
download (4) (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,565 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 32.
#201 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

For the right price, punny factory looks like decent fun to me.

Agree. Some themes sound interesting to me.

#202 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Agree. Some themes sound interesting to me.

Yeah zombie sushi is gonna revolutionize pinball.

#203 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah zombie sushi is gonna revolutionize pinball.

Good job straw man, ‘interest’ does not equal ‘revolutionize’.

Elements, That’s Wack and World Domination seem interesting.

#204 3 years ago

Umm, this is an interesting thread to stumble into.

#205 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Andrew, in case you need a refresher on why most of Pinside has shunned you, start on Page 2 and reread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/todd-n-tuckey-book-deal-1o-volumes/page/2

Perfect example of a Pinsider not reading the entire thread, giving his two cents without knowing all the facts and then instigating over and over again. This is the Pinsider that was on team Todd on this thread and then flipped on the Gameseum Gaming Gala thread against Todd just for kicks!!!

#206 3 years ago
Quoted from koji:

As we all know, pinballs need to be played and understood to be properly appreciated. Personally, I like the approach of having something finished and then showing it as it is meant to be played. We see a lot of prototypes at shows etc.. that's great too.. but completing and being ready to accept the orders on a launch is another deal entirely.

Call anytime to come over and shoot the game!!

#207 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballBuzz:

Perfect example of a Pinsider not reading the entire thread, giving his two cents without knowing all the facts and then instigating over and over again. This is the Pinsider that was on team Todd on this thread and then flipped on the Gameseum Gaming Gala thread against Todd just for kicks!!!

Just for kicks? Todd did some things recently that were disappointing to me, and I voiced my opinion on it. You telling me I have to support everything someome does for eternity, once I support them one time? What a simple world you live in. You know you're welcome to put me on ignore, then you don't have to see anything from me...

#208 3 years ago

Mr. Pinballbuzz, while you're here chatting anyway, how about an update on the games you're developing?
We would be interested to know what's new and when you might have games for us to buy.

#209 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Good job straw man, ‘interest’ does not equal ‘revolutionize’.
Elements, That’s Wack and World Domination seem interesting.

They all seem terrible and I can’t believe you are interested in them, to the point of begging for “new details” monthly when obviously none exist.

Sorry dude, deep root is your only hope for the pinball machines of your dreams. I hear they had 25 cars in their parking lot recently.

#210 3 years ago

Edit- not worth the effort

#211 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They all seem terrible and I can’t believe you are interested in them, to the point of begging for “new details” monthly when obviously none exist.
Sorry dude, deep root is your only hope for the pinball machines of your dreams. I hear they had 25 cars in their parking lot recently.

No reason to be so surly.

#212 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

No reason to be so surly.

The theme of this thread AND Pinside often in general..!

3 weeks later
#213 3 years ago

It would be great if there were more Punny Factory reveal details this September, it’s already looking to be the month of pinball excitement! I’m hoping Punny Factory will add to this.... although I’d prefer more info on That’s Wack and World Domination.

#214 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

It would be great if there were more Punny Factory reveal details this September, it’s already looking to be the month of pinball excitement! I’m hoping Punny Factory will add to this.... although I’d prefer more info on That’s Wack and World Domination.

Still waiting on that TWIP announcement that was mentioned a couple weeks ago. Maybe Jeff misplaced it.

1 week later
#215 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballBuzz:

Call anytime to come over and shoot the game!!

With a shotgun? Put it out of it's misery...

#217 3 years ago

I am all for more pinball manufacturers but man...this game looks corny AF.

#218 3 years ago

why's the factory worker looking so thicc, I thought this was a kid's game?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#219 3 years ago

Props to them for actually manufacturing a machine for sale .... more than deeproot has accomplished
but .. still trying to figure out the audience they are aiming for

#220 3 years ago

Canada's first pin?

Congratulations and welcome to pinball manufacturing. I wish you all the success in the world and more pins are always good pins.

$5500

qqq (resized).pngqqq (resized).png
#221 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Props to them for actually manufacturing a machine for sale .... more than deeproot has accomplished
but .. still trying to figure out the audience they are aiming for

Except they haven't.

"Time wise we are still hoping to release in our first game in 2020, but unaccounted delays always seem to pop up."

#222 3 years ago

Yeah I keep seeing people say things like "they are doing what deeproot can't haha!" except theres no actual manufacturing going on that we can see. Supposedly each game is being hand built by 2 guys and a 3rd for quality control? They claim they can "comfortably" build 10-20 games per month. Thats more than Spooky if I'm not mistaken! Lets not forget that Andrew is a known liar (allegedly)

So lets just get this straight. Each game is hand built by 2-3 people at 10-20 units a month. Screen printed and clearcoated 2 times with sanding in between for the cabinets outside AND inside. Built with high end wood. Specialty clear coated playfield. All kinds of other bells and whistles, and the price will be around $5500. Big if true, and hell of a lot of work for a title nobody will want by a guy nobody wants to deal with. Good luck!

#223 3 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Thats more than Spooky if I'm not mistaken!

I think Spooky has now hit their project average of 10 per week for Rick and Morty and I believe they said that number could possibly increase later. It might have already. They have more than 2 or 3 people though!

#224 3 years ago

I worked with these guys, but what an awful theme. Mafia also a terrible theme. Good, hard-working guys so I hope they make some money, but certainly never enough to quit their day jobs.

#226 3 years ago

WTF dude!

1 week later
#227 3 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I worked with these guys, but what an awful theme. Mafia also a terrible theme. Good, hard-working guys so I hope they make some money, but certainly never enough to quit their day jobs.

Yes, hoping for a successful launch!

3 months later
#228 3 years ago

Wait, so Punny Factory is actually a licensed theme? (Surely they didn't just center the game around Don Knotts' likeness without an agreement with his estate.)

(from https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/punny-factory-teaser-video-new-code-updates-interview-with-zofia-ryan-alien-lighting-harry-potter-updates-new-mm-art-blades-andrew-bogut-twip-2-1-21/)

#229 3 years ago

Wow, what a waste of 9 min... There is nothing of substance in that video. Rules? I guess spell punny factory 50(!) times. LOL and everyone hated international rescue! Replay value, don't worry we have 150 puns in the game! That doesn't even touch on the Don Knots sound-a-like that is not sure if he is Don or Casey?

#230 3 years ago

We can only hope for pinballbuzz to chime in with more of his wonderful personality. YAWN

#231 3 years ago

I think the video works, much time has gone by due to covid, and clearly we are getting closer to a real release. This will serve to remind people about the upcoming game. It's entertaining.

I definitely like Dave Sanders work, so looking forward to seeing how this one shoots.

#232 3 years ago

If anyone feels the need to insult our company, pinball machines or videos—for us caring about the future enjoyment of pinball, please leave this space immediately and consider seeking help. Your negativity is not healthy and it is not welcome.

#233 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballBuzz:

If anyone feels the need to insult our company, pinball machines or videos—for us caring about the future enjoyment of pinball, please leave this space immediately and consider seeking help. Your negativity is not healthy and it is not welcome.

Well this will surely end well. This must be your firat day here.

#234 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballBuzz:

no u

Quoted from Tomass:

Well this will surely end well. This must be your firat day here.

lol nah, check out his posting history, and look into his scam pinball book and beef with Todd Tuckey. Great guy.

#235 3 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

no u

lol nah, check out his posting history, and look into his scam pinball book and beef with Todd Tuckey. Great guy.

Yeah, I am aware of his history. Lol.

#236 3 years ago

Well, I've said from the start, I just want to see some nice video of the game. An overview and gameplay are what I really want. As I think the layout has potential. Sort of an early-to-mid 80s SS-type design.

#237 3 years ago

giphy (1).gifgiphy (1).gif

#238 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballBuzz:

This is the perfect way to interact with your potential future customers! Keep it up!

...alrighty, now I’m off to call Don Knotts’ estate.

#239 3 years ago

Are these ready to pre order soon?

#240 3 years ago

My burning question after watching that video is: Will Sushi-Mania feature not-Mickey Rooney from Breakfast at Tiffany's?

sushi-mania (resized).pngsushi-mania (resized).png
#241 3 years ago

If you thought sales of Raza were bad, just wait...........

#242 3 years ago

As I say again, it is quite easy to see how a bunch of individuals easily ruin it for the rest of everyone.
How many manufacturers, designers and content creators have stopped posting information and updates due to unnecessary neg comments.
Start banning these trolls and I am sure you would see the return of many great posters.

6a01053638c0df970c01053640a06f970b-800wi (resized).jpg6a01053638c0df970c01053640a06f970b-800wi (resized).jpg

#243 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballBuzz:

As I say again, it is quite easy to see how a bunch of individuals easily ruin it for the rest of everyone.
How many manufacturers, designers and content creators have stopped posting information and updates due to unnecessary neg comments.
Start banning these trolls and I am sure you would see the return of many great posters.
[quoted image]

Mr. Thin Skin, meet Internet. Enjoy your stay.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#244 3 years ago

Will the exciting and hilarious punny pin be featured in any upcoming tnt Todd tuckey videos on YouTube?

#245 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballBuzz:

[quoted image]

i just got this great poster

016 (resized).JPG016 (resized).JPG
#246 3 years ago

I'll tell you what gang, I *did* a better time as an exercise helping to get Punny Factory made and refined than with the over-ambition the other Andrew had. After two micromanaged projects made way more complicated than they needed to be (as well as several backburners at the same time that didn't go so far but I can always revisit and repackage a lot of the work, since it's mine), it was nice to be able to dial back a bit with the small Cardiff team in a cosier environment, plus I got to design some of the physical models like the press this time. Plus it was a project where everyone was able and willing to listen to the others' input and advice on what was going to work on the game what wouldn't, and taking on board suggestions and possible alternatives to get ideas to work. Nobody has been so set in their thinking that the whole project ever logjammed to a halt. Yes, Punny Factory is a branding exercise. I've said it before here, that was always the point. This game is Pinball Adventures learning to walk before they can run, just as Mafia was Team Pinball learning to walk before they could run. And I'd already gone through that the hardest and worst way, expected to hit the ground running from day one and keep the same pace going under someone else's full control. You can't learn properly under those conditions, and nobody involved is about to do that again.

So, the next game. I won't deny it's been slow for a bit; without being able to meet up, Covid killed the pace a lot. Plus at short notice earlier in 2020 the comfort zone got interrupted to settle family affairs and other matters back in Northern Ireland, where as far as close family goes it's just myself and one brother left. Lockdowns and playing the waiting game with solicitor matter turned a stint of a few weeks into four months; I didn't have much choice but to wait it out when if I left, there was no guarantee of being able to return in a hurry if I was suddenly needed again. I had the design work to do, but it's a lot LESS fun if you're separated from the team at a point where the project is mainly on your shoulders, you have all the figuring out to do and there's nothing much the others can help with if they aren't physically present. That was beginning to feel way too much like 'old times' and I already had enough stresses on my plate that my mental health was taking a serious pummelling. If anything the design should be an escape from that, but if conditions aren't helpful and not anybody's fault, there's not a lot you can do about it.

So now that I'm back in Wales the group has to get things really moving again, get up to speed on the same page with a plan of action. In both design and mechanics, this will be a significant step up from Punny Factory. Sure the concept is weird, but that's going to be one of the creative challenges, taking the disparate elements and bringing them together as a springboard into one overarching style where the whole context makes sense in a funny way. Funhouse is a weird game. Roadshow is a weird game. Junk Yard is a weird game. Cirqus Voltaire is a weird game. Taken at face value none of those should realistically work, but they do once you get that 'oh, right' clicking point. I'm not about to brag that we're automatically in the same technical league, but I think I know how to approach this to achieve a similar effect, with a lot of it being down to how the concept will be presented to the player. The first person you have to convince that your game has legs is yourself.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the 'fun' part organically comes back into the project again. We still have a whitewood to make, and other part types to design and source that we weren't using last time.

#248 3 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

it was nice to be able to dial back a bit with the small Cardiff team in a cozier environment, plus I got to design some of the physical models like the press this time. Plus it was a project where everyone was able and willing to listen to the others' input and advice on what was going to work on the game what wouldn't, and taking on board suggestions and possible alternatives to get ideas to work.

This first game has been fun Dave. I think the team's design works well with all ages. This is a game that everyone can play and not get frustrated when flipping the ball around. It also offers more of a challenge to the advance player, trying to finish the game by obtaining 50 puns. Not as easy as it sounds.

The next several videos will explain how much time, work and effort it took to really pull together this pinball machine. It will also touch on the unique changes and quality of materials that were used in the Punny Factory.

I am hoping to cut the next games playfield this week if all goes well.

#249 3 years ago

I can’t even imagine trying to collect 50 puns in one game...sounds so fun

#250 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I can’t even imagine trying to collect 50 puns in one game...sounds so fun

There's more to the game than just that. Plenty of other score-based pinball rules. I'd need to check with Janos on the code as more is being added to it, but one of the ideas was the Punnys also work like collecting 'trading cards', and you have a set to complete over the course of longer-term playing. You don't have to collect them all within one single game.

There are 1,565 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-new-pin-reveal-12-16-punny-factory/page/5?hl=markp99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.