pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
main-qimg-705ef6c31cf22ebae587c893d875c2b9.gif
download (4) (resized).jpeg
_de7467e5-ddfd-45ea-a03a-edd450af1d75 (resized).jpeg
_206e6be7-77dc-4025-9328-3cdc92146061 (resized).jpeg
download (4) (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2023-12-29 at 5.18.34?PM (resized).png

There are 1,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 31.
#101 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Jesus fucking Christ did you hire Dr Freightner to do your PR?

Hahahaha. Best comment ever.

And his name is Larry, I refuse to call that motormouth "Dr."

His story is about a year or two ago he randomly decided to do pinball, he has some money from doing haunted houses, and overnight spent about a quarter million on a bunch of nice games. That, apparently, entitles him to make long winded diatribes re pinball, and lose his cool when anyone, especially actually legit collectors, has views that differ from him. Hes something else!

#102 4 years ago
download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#103 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballBuzz:

Thank you all for the support, positive comments and pre-orders we have received following the introduction of the Punny Factory Pinball Machine.
Our success will come from the continuous faith in the excellence of our products and services, something we are committed to and would never sacrifice.
Our customer service, especially in the after sales phase, guarantees the satisfaction of our clients. In line with this strategy, please share with us your feedback.
Pinball Adventures……
The word troll is most commonly associated with fairy tales and things living under bridges. They only come out to harass people who want to get by. The word troll to my children has a whole different meaning. It is now the name for a person on the internet who harasses other people.
The anonymity of the internet and social media sites can make a person feel like they are invisible online. They think that because no one knows them they can act and speak as they please. While there is such a thing as free speech, there is also common courtesy.
As we have seen on the national news, people are not free to say whatever they want without consequence.
To the Pinside troll, we are not afraid of you, we are not even bothered by you. We all know about you and your intent. You seek to stir up discourse and cause chaos. If that is the purpose of your life do what you must.
When I see a troll I have two options, I can scroll on by and ignore it, or I can comment. Often, I choose not to comment. Here is why you are a dime a dozen. A troll is not original or even creative. You are simply a person who has access to the internet and doesn't know how to function in polite society.
A person who knows how to function in polite society knows that not everyone will think the same, this is a good thing. A person who knows how to function in polite society knows that civil conversation is a sign of an educated person. A person who knows how to function in polite society knows that words on a computer screen will not change a person's opinion.
I address you today because much like the fairy tales, you need a protagonist to stand up to you.
To the troll, you may spurt your vicious lies and inflammatory comments all you want. I will not engage with you. You are not worthy of my time or my families time. I will block, delete, or just plain ignore you.
I am not against a person having a different opinion, but please have a genuine conversation. Listen to all sides of the story. Form a valid argument for your opinion and be able to communicate it. I will not settle for the uneducated drivel.
I understand you may be an educated person. You may have a great job and a great life. If you are an internet troll, you are not doing the world any favors. It reeks of loneliness and attention seeking. It takes away from whatever you are like in real life.
Part of the internet is anonymous, but it is harder and harder to stay hidden. The trolling will come back to haunt you. The credibility you have is slowly being eaten away by your hate-mongering. When your accounts are brought to light, only the trolls will want you as a friend.
Try something new. Make polite conversation. Act like you care about someone or something. Be a person, not a troll.

I hope you're not calling everyone in this thread a troll, because there's plenty of valid, constructive criticism to be found here. A lot of jokes too, but I wouldn't call that "trolling." And in this case, even the people who are trolling are doing so because of the poor quality of the game (The things we've seen so far anyways, like theme and artwork), not just for the sake of trolling. If you just ignore all criticism and call it trolling, you'll never get anywhere. There are some serious issues with your product, and if you don't fix them it's not going to sell.

#104 4 years ago

I don't get it. This is not a Manufacturer, who is building these? Are these Themes real? Is this something cool I'm too far out of the loop to understand?

#105 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Is this something cool

No

#106 4 years ago

so looks like this guy is going to join some of the other frontman for recent 'new pinball companies', jpop/Zidware, Mike/Homepin, Robert/DR, Kevin/skit-b, Andrew/Heighway in being a total unapologetic, pompous ass, . . Not sure how all of these guys seem to think they know everything and the rest of us (and the companies actually producing machines you can buy) know nothing, and that insulting pinside members is the way to go about getting us to want to support them?

Seems that Spooky and American Pinball might be the only ones who have found a way to participate on pinside, contribute to the community, engage with their customers and promote their products while also maintaining a thick enough skin to not let the attacks and abuse get to them. I guess that is why many of us root for them.

I love Puns and I love Sushi, but I don't love what I am seeing here. Oh, wait, does that make me a Troll?

#107 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballBuzz:

I address you today because

Why is your whole diatribe written out like something from a high school public speaking class?

#108 4 years ago

What really bothered me was the complete lack of puns in that ridiculous word salad.

#109 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

... was the complete lack of puns...

Quoted from BillySastard:

Why is your whole diatribe written out like something from a high school public speaking class?

I thought it was like those hidden camrea shows and he had to say "Troll" 100 times.

#110 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballBuzz:

Our success will come from the continuous faith in the excellence of our products and services, something we are committed to and would never sacrifice.
Our customer service, especially in the after sales phase, guarantees the satisfaction of our clients.

download (resized).pngdownload (resized).png
#111 4 years ago
9f456b484a6780451c154229db5cb2ca_original (resized).jpeg9f456b484a6780451c154229db5cb2ca_original (resized).jpeg
#112 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballBuzz:

I will not engage with you.

but, that's exactly what you just....... oh, nevermind.

#113 4 years ago

Not a troll by any means, but the theme is ridiculous and out of touch. You made a legit looking machine and blew it on the theme, big big time.

#114 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Not a troll by any means, but the theme is ridiculous and out of touch. You made a legit looking machine and blew it on the theme, big big time.

Perhaps the USA isn't the market they are looking for.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

#115 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballBuzz:

Our customer service, especially in the after sales phase, guarantees the satisfaction of our clients.

Those who have dealt with you don't seem to share this opinion.

#116 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballBuzz:

Thank you all for the support, positive comments and pre-orders we have received following the introduction of the Punny Factory Pinball Machine.

lol we all know you're a swindler, or at least a hype man for yourself. Trying to paint things in the best possible light even if its not fully true, but thanking people for preorders? Lmao now thats funny. Ain't nobody preording this thing.

#117 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballBuzz:

Our customer service, especially in the after sales phase, guarantees the satisfaction of our clients. In line with this strategy, please share with us your feedback.
Pinball Adventures……
The word troll is most commonly associated with fairy tales and things living under bridges. They only come out to harass people who want to get by. The word troll to my children has a whole different meaning. It is now the name for a person on the internet who harasses other people.
The anonymity of the internet and social media sites can make a person feel like they are invisible online. They think that because no one knows them they can act and speak as they please. While there is such a thing as free speech, there is also common courtesy.
As we have seen on the national news, people are not free to say whatever they want without consequence.
To the Pinside troll, we are not afraid of you, we are not even bothered by you. We all know about you and your intent. You seek to stir up discourse and cause chaos. If that is the purpose of your life do what you must.
When I see a troll I have two options, I can scroll on by and ignore it, or I can comment. Often, I choose not to comment. Here is why you are a dime a dozen. A troll is not original or even creative. You are simply a person who has access to the internet and doesn't know how to function in polite society.
A person who knows how to function in polite society knows that not everyone will think the same, this is a good thing. A person who knows how to function in polite society knows that civil conversation is a sign of an educated person. A person who knows how to function in polite society knows that words on a computer screen will not change a person's opinion.
I address you today because much like the fairy tales, you need a protagonist to stand up to you.
To the troll, you may spurt your vicious lies and inflammatory comments all you want. I will not engage with you. You are not worthy of my time or my families time. I will block, delete, or just plain ignore you.
I am not against a person having a different opinion, but please have a genuine conversation. Listen to all sides of the story. Form a valid argument for your opinion and be able to communicate it. I will not settle for the uneducated drivel.
I understand you may be an educated person. You may have a great job and a great life. If you are an internet troll, you are not doing the world any favors. It reeks of loneliness and attention seeking. It takes away from whatever you are like in real life.
Part of the internet is anonymous, but it is harder and harder to stay hidden. The trolling will come back to haunt you. The credibility you have is slowly being eaten away by your hate-mongering. When your accounts are brought to light, only the trolls will want you as a friend.
Try something new. Make polite conversation. Act like you care about someone or something. Be a person, not a troll.

IMO, you won't sell any of these.

#118 4 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

lol we all know you're a swindler, or at least a hype man for yourself. Trying to paint things in the best possible light even if its not fully true, but thanking people for preorders? Lmao now thats funny. Ain't nobody preording this thing.

I'm in on a PF. pre-order # 12892. Which is extra amazing since there's no way to pre-order the game on their site or anywhere else for that matter. It's all part of the Punny Magic and the miracle of a resurrected Don Knotts.

I'm trying to figure it out does that mean I will get it in December?! Post your PF preorder numbers so we can all determine who is getting theirs first!

#119 4 years ago

I pre-ordered the Todd Tuckey Signature Edition.

#120 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes....a SERIOUS Deep Root vibe. These guys are geniuses are we are all idiots unless you can see the brilliance in Zombie Sushi...

Okay, that's an insult to Robert. Robert's bad.. Really bad... But this guy is roach-turd bad, roach eating roach turd and turding out double-digest roach turd bad. If only he would keep posting to the thread, I'd cancel Christmas and pop the corn.

#121 4 years ago

Just came across this new reveal.

Will try and say something positive.

I think 4 year olds are going to love it.

#122 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballBuzz:

What positive comments and pre-orders. All 2 of them?
Quite a diatribe.

Sad thing is, if they simply replaced all of those stationary targs with solid/well built drop targets, I'd be very interested in this game, and so would many other pinheads who like the classics.
As is, no.

#123 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballBuzz:

Pinball Adventures.

I soooo wish I could have inserted that emoji where the smiley face is rolling around laughing it’s fucking ass off. That’s the exact emoji required in response to the quoted post. Alas,it’s not available on Pinside.

#124 4 years ago

Towards the end of the article, Andrew mentions his Kickstarter campaign to fund Punny Factory.

Because that's worked so well for Pinball Gremlins, the Stern coffee table book, etc.

#125 4 years ago

I dont think it's that bad. Properly priced and good code and ruleset it's an ok competetor to star wars home, thunderbirds etc.

Coming in at 3.5-4.5k and quality and code and it should sell a couple of games.

#126 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I dont think it's that bad. Properly priced and good code and ruleset it's an ok competetor to star wars home, thunderbirds etc.
Coming in at 3.5-4.5k and quality and code and it should sell a couple of games.

From the article:

"And the price? Andrew told us he is looking at the $5,500-$6,000 range, however he says the cost of manufacturing several of the playfield parts themselves might cause that price to vary a little."

#127 4 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

From the article:
"And the price? Andrew told us he is looking at the $5,500-$6,000 range, however he says the cost of manufacturing several of the playfield parts themselves might cause that price to vary a little."

To much, not enough value there.

#128 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

To much, not enough value there.

What do you mean? You have to include the puns in the price.

Hopefully the puns make a lot of cents.

#129 4 years ago

I blame this all on Vanilla Ice Jared. You guys remember how it was his lifetime calling to get more people involved in pinball?
Well this is what you get.
NICE JOB JARED.

#130 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I blame this all on Vanilla Ice Jared. You guys remember how it was his lifetime calling to get more people involved in pinball?
Well this is what you get.
NICE JOB JARED.

The work continues.

#131 4 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

The work continues.

#132 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

IMO, you won't sell any of these.

Sorry, apparently JimWilks is buying one. Looking forward to the review Jim.

1 week later
#133 4 years ago

Did everyone receive their build numbers by now? What number did you get??

#134 4 years ago

Previous drama aside, Punny Factory doesn't look terrible to me. I actually like the bright, colorful artwork. The art-style reminds me of later System 11 games, but the playfield layout is more like Xenon-era. Plenty of people enjoy early SS pins (myself included), and this would fit right in gameplay wise. I don't mind the theme either tbh. I get what they're going for.

The main two problems I see are that (1) most early-SS games can be had for under 2 grand, not 6 grand. For 6 grand you can get a fully-featured modern playing game. And that's the thing, its just about as expensive to produce a "simple" game as a more complicated one, so you might as well make a more advanced layout if you're going to the trouble to make a game in the first place. And (2), the Punny Factory guy seems to have really generated a lot of hate for himself among the pinball community, and this will make any promotion difficult. Its like boxing with one arm behind your back, its technically possible, but I wouldn't recommend it!

Can anyone give me a brief, relatively balanced summary of what he did to garner so much hate?

#135 4 years ago

He thinks he's punny but he's knot.

#136 4 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Previous drama aside, Punny Factory doesn't look terrible to me. I actually like the bright, colorful artwork. The art-style reminds me of later System 11 games, but the playfield layout is more like Xenon-era. Plenty of people enjoy early SS pins (myself included), and this would fit right in gameplay wise. I don't mind the theme either tbh. I get what they're going for.
The main two problems I see are that (1) most early-SS games can be had for under 2 grand, not 6 grand. For 6 grand you can get a fully-featured modern playing game. And that's the thing, its just about as expensive to produce a "simple" game as a more complicated one, so you might as well make a more advanced layout if you're going to the trouble to make a game in the first place. And (2), the Punny Factory guy seems to have really generated a lot of hate for himself among the pinball community, and this will make any promotion difficult. Its like boxing with one arm behind your back, its technically possible, but I wouldn't recommend it!
Can anyone give me a brief, relatively balanced summary of what he did to garner so much hate?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/todd-tuckey-s-response-to-pinball-adventures-book-deal-termination-

#137 4 years ago

How many of these are being produced? Will this follow the multi tier pro/premium/LE/Collector etc approach?

#138 4 years ago

It looks like this game has some sort of working simulated smokestack?
From the website:

As an industry first, we implemented an Interactive Smokestack system that simulates factory smoke. The Interactive Smokestack system can be triggered during gameplay by catching puns, during ball launch, and while the machine is in pinball attract mode.

How do you suppose this works?

#139 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

From the website:
As an industry first, we implemented an Interactive Smokestack system that simulates factory smoke. The Interactive Smokestack system can be triggered during gameplay by catching puns, during ball launch, and while the machine is in pinball attract mode.

Might be the little oil based systems some model trains use. Or the ultrasonic water based versions, both cheap ways of creating fog. But one leaves water vapour every where and the other oil lol

#140 4 years ago

From the website:

I like this idea. Sounds fun, but could definitely see some issues with it too.

#141 4 years ago

Ah the article actually shows a little 70w fog machine lol, so will be oil based fog

#142 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Ah the article actually shows a little 70w fog machine lol, so will be oil based fog

“We have introduced a mechanism to actually accelerate the wear, tear and buildup of filth on your game! Now a NIB can be a fouled up hunk of junk in mere weeks!
Innovative.
Bold.
This brings contrived durability to new heights! Buy yours and tack on the limited edition, nonredeemable premium protection plan for only triple the normal cost!”

#143 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

How many of these are being produced? Will this follow the multi tier pro/premium/LE/Collector etc approach?

Both production units will be collector's edition LE Pros.

#144 4 years ago

From the website:

This idea is lifted from the Pinball Amigos' haunted mansion build thread. This guy is an incompetant opportunist, so it makes sense that he would "get the jump" on some cool dudes building a real pinball machine.

1 week later
#145 4 years ago

According to K's Facebook, Andrew is threatening legal action against him for disparaging Punny Factory.

Why just Chris? It's not like he's the only one.

#146 4 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

According to K's Facebook

Well, then it must be true.

#147 4 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

According to K's Facebook, Andrew is threatening legal action against him for disparaging Punny Factory.
Why just Chris? It's not like he's the only one.

LOL, he barely said anything about it other than pronouncing it wrong and then saying he wasn’t going to talk about it.

This Andrew guy is ALLEGEDLY a thin-skinned blowhard. You can’t sue someone for critiquing your stupid, horrible, unfunny, poorly conceived rancid butthole of a game.

Opinions about consumer products are protected free speech.

#148 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL, he barely said anything about it other than pronouncing it wrong and then saying he wasn’t going to talk about it.
This Andrew guy is a ALLEGEDLY a thin-skinned blowhard. You can’t sue someone for critiquing your stupid, horrible, unfunny, poorly conceived rancid butthole of a game.
Opinions about consumer products are protected free speech.

Oooooo you can’t say thaaat he’s gonna sue you now..... lol

#149 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You can’t sue someone for critiquing your stupid, horrible, unfunny, poorly conceived rancid butthole of a game.

At $5500- $6000 (and possibly more), you forgot overpriced.

#150 4 years ago

Oh, but just wait! As their website says:
"We're making things better!
CHECK BACK LATER FOR UPDATED CONTENT, PRODUCTS, AND MORE!"

Oh Lordy ...

There are 1,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-new-pin-reveal-12-16-punny-factory/page/3?hl=getadam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.