pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4378.jpeg
costanza (resized).png
main-qimg-705ef6c31cf22ebae587c893d875c2b9.gif
download (4) (resized).jpeg
There are 1,564 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 32.
#551 1 year ago

Thanks for the great post and drop by anytime to play again.

Yegpin, Seattle and Expo booked up with the next pin Elements reveal at Expo.

Hope to see all the gossiping, troll, have no idea what they are talking about , fake news posters in this thread’s games there as well.
The word is hope!

#552 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballBuzz:

Hope to see all the gossiping, troll, have no idea what they are talking about , fake news posters in this thread’s games there as well.

Well if you're there and see your reflection, you will get your wish!

#553 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballBuzz:

Yegpin, Seattle and Expo booked up with the next pin Elements reveal at Expo.

When/where will be the first pin reveal?

#554 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

When/where will be the first pin reveal?

Enquiring minds want to know!

I am gonna assume by Seattle they mean the NW Pinball and Arcade Show in Tacoma. If so that is first weekend of June, 2nd through the 4th, which is almost 2 months ahead of Yegpin.

"Show me what you got!"

#555 1 year ago

Better be at nw if this thing real lol.

Be the best priced nib on the market!

#556 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

Enquiring minds want to know!

If I'm reading this correctly, Blueberry is refocusing the topic, specifically asking when the first pin - Punny Factory - would be revealed, as he was replying to a post promising a 2nd game's reveal. While this is a 'reveal' thread, it seems that in 3+ years, there have just been photos released and B-roll type footage of production, and I don't recall seeing any substantial gameplay action (and certainly not 'revealed' in the sense of making available for public play or via one of the pinball streamers).

#557 1 year ago

On the other hand, no preorder dollars.

#558 1 year ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Just hope you the rest of the design teams got paid

#559 1 year ago

Random thought.

If Punny Factory is released in a forest populated with Stern's Foo Fighters, JJP's Godfather, AP's Galactic Tank Force, CSJs' Pulp Fiction, Multimorphics' Final Resistance and PB's Queen does it make a sound?

*Spinal Tap understandably not included.

#560 1 year ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Random thought.
If Punny Factory is released in a forest populated with Stern's Foo Fighters, JJP's Godfather, AP's Galactic Tank Force, CSJs' Pulp Fiction, Multimorphics' Final Resistance and PB's Queen does it make a sound?

Please rephrase this question in the form of a pun rather than a metaphor.

#561 1 year ago

Will there be a galactic resistance to buying Punny Factory?

Sorry...best I could come up with short notice. I need more beer.

#562 1 year ago

It'll depend how many doll hairs it will cost...

#563 1 year ago

Feels like I'm on the punny farm in here. Errr, I mean... funny farm.

#564 1 year ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Random thought.

depends on price - if they can sell for less than a stern pro it may attract a few sales
but if price is comparable, I can't see them selling any at all over those licensed titles

1 week later
#565 1 year ago

This is the worst goddamn theme

#566 1 year ago

How is this being received in Texas?

#567 1 year ago

Any theories regarding the mysterious numbers in the thread title? Maybe it's some kind of secret code.

#568 1 year ago

Any theories regarding the mysterious numbers in the thread title? Maybe it's some kind of secret code.

Yeah, I was thinking recently, It's a real shame as punny was ahead of the curve on a classic layout for a modern pin, which feels like a real theme now.

... but pinball is hard. I do recall seeing it ~~2019, so there has been a flipping prototype since then, but the trials and redos of this type of thing could probably fill a book.

#569 1 year ago

Is this at Texas?

#570 1 year ago

Not at TPF unless I missed it somehow

#571 1 year ago

Too bad, was hoping to get kanedas opinion lol

#572 1 year ago

I hear it’s going to be at nw and yegpin. Hopefully the lineup to play won’t be too long so I can get a chance to flip it.

#573 1 year ago

Definitely not at TPF. Dude is stuffed full of steaming crap. There's no game.....

#574 1 year ago
Quoted from Dwboca:

Definitely not at TPF. Dude is stuffed full of steaming crap. There's no game.....

The 1st 2 things you said are true, but there is definitely a game. In fairness, he said himself that he wouldn't be at TPF but will be at Yegpin, Seattle, and Expo this year. Plus we'll get to see the exciting reveal of the next game nobody will care about at expo!

#575 1 year ago

It’s real and it’s unspectacular!

2 weeks later
#576 12 months ago

There is a 7+ min making of video that was posted today breaking down all of the pieces of the game. They showcase the boardset a little bit in here as well.

Beware if you suffer from motion sickness, there is a lot of shaky cam and quick transitions.

They also posted a trailer.

Could this finally be happening!? Looks pretty close.

#577 12 months ago

Hey Folks, I spoke with Andrew and I will be setting up a live stream for gameplay.

We are shooting for around ~10:30AM PST Sunday morning (April 23rd).

Expecting to have a world champion in attendance to kick the tires, and we'll have Andrew to answer questions about the game etc., rules and so forth.

I'll post the final stream details later.. want to do some dry-runs first to make sure we get it right.

#578 12 months ago
Quoted from koji:

Hey Folks, I spoke with Andrew and I will be setting up a live stream for gameplay.

28DAD792-AEF5-4FAF-AA1B-7C87146A4BA9.gif28DAD792-AEF5-4FAF-AA1B-7C87146A4BA9.gif
#579 12 months ago
Quoted from koji:

Expecting to have a world champion in attendance to kick the tires, and we'll have Andrew to answer questions about the game etc., rules and so forth.
I'll post the final stream details later.. want to do some dry-runs first to make sure we get it right.

Interesting - will give it watch for sure!

#580 12 months ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Too bad, was hoping to get kanedas opinion lol

Kaneda's heart is gonna expand 3 times like the Grinch and he's gonna fall in love with this game just you watch

#581 12 months ago
Quoted from cait001:

Kaneda's heart is gonna expand 3 times like the Grinch and he's gonna fall in love with this game just you watch

Considering Todd Tuckey and Kaneda are friends and and we all know about the story between scumbag Andrew and Todd, I highly doubt it. Plus its obvious that the game is a complete joke (sorry Dave) just like PA in general

#582 12 months ago

Looks like that are doing some things right, or at least attempting to with design and manufacturing.
Still not sold on the theme or the layout but keeping an open mind.

#583 12 months ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Looks like that are doing some things right, or at least attempting to with design and manufacturing.

I am curious about the clear coat. It looked pretty nice in the video but there are some previous images of Elements I believe and it looks really rough. Perhaps due to that being a prototype.

I am also curious how the rail system underneath will affect serviceability of these. To me it seems like there will be spots under the playfield that are completely inaccessible unless you detached the rails. Maybe we'll find out on Sunday!

Oh and the Punny Press. Not sure what that is moulded out of but it looks like the opening is gonna get smashed on the edges when the drop target is not up.

#584 12 months ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

The kiddie theme is going to kill this pin. 112 units they plan might be a stretch. I think even a crappy old 80's TV show theme would do better than "Punny Factory".

The next theme "Elements" looks more promising but original themes... ug!

#585 12 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

The kiddie theme is going to kill this pin. 112 units they plan might be a stretch. I think even a crappy old 80's TV show theme would do better than "Punny Factory".
The next theme "Elements" looks more promising but original themes... ug!

I agree the theme is the limiting factor

#586 12 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Considering Todd Tuckey and Kaneda are friends and and we all know about the story between scumbag Andrew and Todd, I highly doubt it. Plus its obvious that the game is a complete joke (sorry Dave) just like PA in general

No apologies necessary. Besides, Andrew starting small with (in all fairness) a cheap and cheerful 'vanity' game to promote a brand he owns gives him something tangible besides practical experience to build from, even if this first machine meets universal derision in these parts as a product. I've also seen far worse launch trailers than that one.

#587 12 months ago

A little high on the hype marketing, & no real pictures of workers on a line doing anything. But I give him credit that he has done something, compared to me enjoying life drinking beer!

#588 12 months ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

A little high on the hype marketing, & no real pictures of workers on a line doing anything. But I give him credit that he has done something, compared to me enjoying life drinking beer!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#589 12 months ago

No apologies necessary. Besides, Andrew starting small with (in all fairness) a cheap and cheerful 'vanity' game to promote a brand he owns gives him something tangible besides practical experience to build from, even if this first machine meets universal derision in these parts as a product. I've also seen far worse launch trailers than that one.

I know, you're a great sport about it. But as I've gone over before, I like you, so I really hate to dookie on things you've worked on. I really look forward to the day when I can praise a Dave Sanders project! Look, as much as I dislike Andrew, everything pinball adventures does (hate might be a strong word for that because the hilarious cringe factors are high) and everything I have seen so far about this game, at the end of the day, I'm gonna call a spade a spade, just like I always do. So if something is good, I will say so....I just have a lot of doubts Pinball Adventures will ever pull off anything that isn't a lolcow.

#590 11 months ago

Looking forward to the stream this Sunday 10:30am PST:
https://www.twitch.tv/pinbruh

Code seems pretty decent, quite a lot to do, which I'm looking forward to exploring. Pretty nice gap on the left outlane, which feels extra mean with where the inlane post is... should keep the ball times down, but we'll see how that goes.

After gameplay, I'll also try to see if we can go over some of the extra polish that has gone into the machine, demonstrate the rail system and other interesting features etc.

If you can't make it, please feel free to post any questions regarding the Punny Factory here and I will try to get them answered during stream.

#591 11 months ago

Bottom line is, after two more intensive and restrictive licensed projects, I was happy to take a step back for a bit, getting to work on something simpler and less demanding and just have a bit more *fun*. Punny Factory was the 'right' project at the 'right' time.

#592 11 months ago

I didn't watch the full stream, but from what I did watch, I thought it looked pretty decent. Its a unique theme and is quite colorful. If I can make it to yegpin this year, I will definitely be giving it a play or two.

#593 11 months ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Random thought.

Would consider Spinal Tap before Punny Factory.

#594 11 months ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

I didn't watch the full stream, but from what I did watch, I thought it looked pretty decent. Its a unique theme and is quite colorful. If I can make it to yegpin this year, I will definitely be giving it a play or two.

I'm impressed they licensed the Don Knotts' voice likeness since his soundalike is all over this commercial product.

They did license it, right?

#595 11 months ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Would consider Spinal Tap before Punny Factory.

Punny looks better.

#596 11 months ago

If the player pisses or shits themselves at game start when the lady announcer voice says "evacuate immediately" are they awarded a punny bonus?

#597 11 months ago

First impression: Overall look a good shooting game.
Voice could be irritating after a while.
The layout seems good.
The art... i’m not a fan.
The animations are well done.
Last, too much lightshows for me, be careful with the headache after some time.

I would say that it looks a pretty descent first attempt into the pinball world at first sight.

#598 11 months ago
Quoted from Warzard:

First impression: Overall look a good shooting game.
Voice could be irritating after a while.
The layout seems good.
The art... i’m not a fan.
The animations are well done.
Last, too much lightshows for me, be careful with the headache after some time.
I would say that it looks a pretty descent first attempt into the pinball world at first sight.

Agree. Nothing that would interest me but the game looks shockingly competent!

#599 11 months ago

We like you, Todd. Sorry you got screwed over.
Any inside info to share on what the heck is actually going on with these Pinball Adventures making pinball plans? I certainly don't understand the angle of years and years of (presumably) spending money on ever-changing concept artwork, parts R&D, storage space, subcontract manufacturing, etc, etc to still not release even a crappy game.

It’s not hard to understand!
You covered the deeproot scam and they had way more credibility, big names and money behind them.

Been trying to warn people since the beginning of this Punny Factory joke. It’s not difficult to understand this conman is cut from the same cloth as Robert Mueller!

Just like Mueller, it’s about narcissism, the need to feel all important, to be “innovative” and change the game. They proclaim this stuff all the time and are proven wrong over and over. Like when he claimed that they had the first “smoking” topper, but the Steamboat Willie homebrew had it first.

Andrew was also the genius behind being his own writer, editor, publisher, PR, head of manufacturing and purchasing. That’s why the books ended up being a train wreck, and his videos and website has excessive double-posts, spelling errors and near-zero research.

Wrong, he claims he has presold these games and has stated multiple times.

Quoted from Smack:

There is a 7+ min making of video that was posted today breaking down all of the pieces of the game. They showcase the boardset a little bit in here as well.
Beware if you suffer from motion sickness, there is a lot of shaky cam and quick transitions.
They also posted a trailer.
Could this finally be happening!? Looks pretty close.

This trailer is just the same reused one with a few seconds of new footage.

He’s lied and missed countless deadlines and promised a blockbuster and delivered nil.

It’s sad that people fall for the same bait and switch over and over again. Some conman makes grandiose promises, and after letting you down and whittling away your expectations, you’re just happy there’s actually *something* there

tl;dr for a lot of folks who seem to have skipped over the past 3 1/2 years of this thread:
Yes, he has some flipping prototypes just like deeproot. It took 3+ years and he’s reneged on all his promises and still hasn’t made it to a single show.

Amazing.

A fool and his money soon parted!

#600 11 months ago

I'm impressed they licensed the Don Knotts' voice likeness since his soundalike is all over this commercial product.
They did license it, right?

No. The future C&D is gonna be great, those who missed Skit-B get to experience the excitement!

There are 1,564 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-new-pin-reveal-12-16-punny-factory/page/12?hl=dwboca and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.