IMG_4378.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
costanza (resized).png
main-qimg-705ef6c31cf22ebae587c893d875c2b9.gif
download (4) (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,568 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 32.
#501 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

We like you, Todd. Sorry you got screwed over.
Any inside info to share on what the heck is actually going on with these Pinball Adventures making pinball plans? I certainly don't understand the angle of years and years of (presumably) spending money on ever-changing concept artwork, parts R&D, storage space, subcontract manufacturing, etc, etc to still not release even a crappy game.

AND in addition, I think the QR codes thing was a great idea. Funny especially now since we all use QR codes to log in on Stern games. Is Andrew's staff a bunch of people from the nursing home?

"I don't know what a QR code is and my fingers hurt..."
"yeah well now your back is going to hurt because you just pulled landscaping duty!"

Quoted from PinballBuzz:

All the people we have interacted with in the past few years have never heard of pinside go figure…

Probably the QR code people

4 weeks later
#502 1 year ago
Quoted from RCA1:

This is just getting sad now.

This turd theme was sad from the start. Hopefully some trees can be spared and this game never comes to pass.

#503 1 year ago

If this rail system is what they are focussing on hopefully trees will the spared.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cn5C002uvj-/?hl=en

Honest question for @pinballbuzz, how will long term maintenance of the machine be impacted by all of the metal here? This seems like it would be a nightmare to work around if you ever needed to disassemble the underside of the game.

Screen Shot 2023-02-06 at 11.35.43 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-02-06 at 11.35.43 AM (resized).png
1 week later
#505 1 year ago

The pause between “never been” and “done before” is very…odd.

Almost as if it were not the result of any actual human interaction.

#506 1 year ago

Is Pinball Adventure a pinball company ran by ChatGPT?

#507 1 year ago

Isn’t that literally what Data East’s have built into the apron? 35+ year old “innovations”?
deeproot must be their inspiration

#508 1 year ago

“O my gosh!!”

The eternal stupidity of this project/joke/scam/social experiment never ceases to amaze.

#509 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Is Pinball Adventure a pinball company ran by ChatGPT?

ChatGPT has 100x more brilliant ideas than anything Andrew has come up with or has said...ever.

LOL @ the 8.5 second certified roll cage under the playfield.

#510 1 year ago

A lot of like Deeproot in Continuing to focus and invest in the wrong things. Why invest and add cost to the game for cool rails to make it easier to service, invest in building a game that is reliable and won't require the owners to be needing to pull out the playfield to service.

And I'm sure he has the legal rights to use Steely Dan's music.

#511 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The pause between “never been” and “done before” is very…odd.
Almost as if it were not the result of any actual human interaction.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

“O my gosh!!”
The eternal stupidity of this project/joke/scam/social experiment never ceases to amaze.

It’s just the TikTok text-to-voice speaking. It’s very robotic but popular on that app for whatever reason. Sometimes you guys show your age!

Pro-tip for Reels/shorts/TikTok: if you hear that awful text-to-speech audio, you know it’s probably something really stupid. Usually like “oh my gosh, I just found out I won the lottery! All they need is my Social Security Number and Bank Account!”

#512 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

It’s just the TikTok text-to-voice speaking. It’s very robotic but popular on that app for whatever reason. Sometimes you guys show your age!
Pro-tip for Reels/shorts/TikTok: if you hear that awful text-to-speech audio, you know it’s probably something really stupid. Usually like “oh my gosh, I just found out I won the lottery! All they need is my Social Security Number and Bank Account!”

can confirm, they use those same videos on FB reels etc and those are the stupidest videos.....

#513 1 year ago

See that's what I got you youngsters for, to keep me clued in!!!

#514 1 year ago

Why are we not talking about the bolt secured under the right hanger to keep it level?

#515 1 year ago

The huge support rail is also where the electronics plug in?

8FAEA123-B055-4210-BEE7-940FEC6F247D (resized).jpeg8FAEA123-B055-4210-BEE7-940FEC6F247D (resized).jpeg
#516 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

The huge support rail is also where the electronics plug in?
[quoted image]

Panel mount connector, what's that?

#517 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

And I'm sure he has the legal rights to use Steely Dan's music.

How dare you, Sir. That's Boz Scaggs.

#518 1 year ago

PA is gonna start selling their board set

https://www.pinballadventures.com/shop/pinball-adventure-products/pinball-boards/pinboard/

Description
COMING SOON:

Pinball Adventures presents a robust and sophisticated hardware platform for modern pinball needs, and we call it the PinBoard. Rather than being geared towards resurrecting beloved games of the past, the PinBoard is focused on current technology and requirements.

While modular, the PinBoard isn’t highly distributed, like some other recent introductions to the pinball hardware arena. The Mainboard, the core of the system, can be fitted with a variety of daughter boards, simply called Cards. Examples include Cards that provide: high-voltage drivers, low-voltage drivers, display controllers, extended switch connectivity, and Wi-Fi connectivity.

The PinBoard system is built around two key concepts: feedback, and smarts. By default, all drivers and switches come with LED feedback for testing, configuration, and troubleshooting. We have feedback on many other aspects as well, like fuse status, power rail status, and more. A touch screen on the Mainboard allows you to directly control and test many features without plugging any external device in.

For smarts, the PinBoard has features like automatically isolating a failed coil, detecting unusual current activity on the various power rails, and other intelligent pre-emptive protections, which are designed to help game customizers, game creators, and game customers too: the technical support process is made easier and less frustrating with these features. Open the head, and use the touchscreen to quickly read out a human-language error condition, or to test or configure the game.

A typical PinBoard configuration can support 48 drivers at 48V, 48 drivers at a mix of 5V and 12V, 64 direct switches, and 128 matrix switches. By employing fewer Cards, costs can be reduced as suits a particular machine. Those are the onboard switch capabilities of the Mainboard itself, and those driver counts are achieved with 6 high-voltage driver Cards, and 6 low-voltage driver Cards.

so build status has been this way for months........where are these?!

Screen Shot 2023-02-16 at 9.12.09 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-02-16 at 9.12.09 AM (resized).png
#519 1 year ago

The first 90% takes 90% of the time. The last 10% takes the other 90%.

#520 1 year ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

How dare you, Sir. That's Boz Scaggs.

Of course it is, reading this thread clearly impacts mental processing.

#521 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

so build status has been this way for months........where are these?![quoted image]

Complete horseshit, just like everything else

#522 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

so build status has been this way for months........where are these?!

I don't think this has changed since before Expo '22 of which they said they would be there to demo games. But with all of the "innovations" being added and tweaked I fear what looks like a mostly complete game is never going to see the light of day as there will be continual excuses and setbacks. At least a deposit is only $50 if you for some reason wanted to throw your hat in the ring. Ahh shit they are out of stock

#523 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:I don't think this has changed since before Expo '22 of which they said they would be there to demo games. But with all of the "innovations" being added and tweaked I fear what looks like a mostly complete game is never going to see the light of day as there will be continual excuses and setbacks. At least a deposit is only $50 if you for some reason wanted to throw your hat in the ring. Ahh shit they are out of stock

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thoughts-on-pinball-adventures-/page/3#post-6955042

Hmm

Bill backed out at some point of Game Number 1

#524 1 year ago

Anyone (even as a joke) try to buy anything currently available from the store?

Quoted from Smack:

t least a deposit is only $50 if you for some reason wanted to throw your hat in the ring. Ahh shit they are out of stock

All spoken for, I'm afraid

https://www.pinballadventures.com/shop/pinball-adventure-products/pinball-games/punny-factory-game/

Screenshot 2023-02-16 at 1.18.53 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-02-16 at 1.18.53 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-02-16 at 1.18.58 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-02-16 at 1.18.58 PM (resized).png
#525 1 year ago

Anyone try to buy any of the other products (even as a joke)?

https://www.pinballadventures.com/shop/pinball-adventure-products/pinball-games/punny-factory-game/

Screenshot 2023-02-16 at 1.20.30 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-02-16 at 1.20.30 PM (resized).png

And check out this coming soon item:

https://www.pinballadventures.com/shop/pinball-adventure-products/pinball-boards/pinboard/

Screenshot 2023-02-16 at 1.17.44 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-02-16 at 1.17.44 PM (resized).png

Looks like we'll need to start the "A dark day for Multimorphic and FAST Pinball" thread.

#526 1 year ago

Anyone try to buy any of the other products (even as a joke)?
[quoted image]
And check out this coming soon item:
[quoted image]
Looks like we'll need to start the "A dark day for Multimorphic and FAST Pinball" thread.

I thought about it 2 years ago when they first posted them, along with all those bizarre impersonators he hired to record mini promos. It was so weird.
The upright ‘n spin is amusing.

The Buffalo Pinball guys did an amazing show pointing out how ridiculous this whole thing is. And now that PA claims the deposits are sold out, does it finally count as a scam? Money has been taken, and now we wait for another nonsense update about a revolutionary new product ripped off from some defunct pinball company.

#527 1 year ago

I thought about it 2 years ago when they first posted them, along with all those bizarre impersonators he hired to record mini promos. It was so weird.
The upright ‘n spin is amusing.

The Buffalo Pinball guys did an amazing show pointing out how ridiculous this whole thing is. And now that PA claims the deposits are sold out, does it finally count as a scam? Money has been taken, and now we wait for another nonsense update about a revolutionary new product ripped off from some defunct pinball company.

I wouldn't be surprised if it were never possible to add a PF deposit to one's cart.

Screenshot 2023-02-16 at 1.37.36 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-02-16 at 1.37.36 PM (resized).png

Cause girls is playas too.

#528 1 year ago

I wouldn't be surprised if it were never possible to add a PF deposit to one's cart.
[quoted image]

New pinball innovation, no-glue inserts!! Just friction and hope alone holds those puppies in!!

#529 1 year ago

A couple things to note.

If the insert is too tight it will warp the playfield like a bi-metal strip because of the outward forces from the tight inserts pushing on the upper layers of plywood.

If the insert is pounded in too flat to the surface, you'll actually end up with a concave area there, because you didn't leave the insert proud enough to sand off the injection mold ids or level out sunk in divots.

Also, is this not the most useless thing? This thing would only work for a completely empty playfield. The second you put side rails or any mechs on it, it's useless.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#530 1 year ago

JFC lmaoooo. This is levels of cringe not previously known to mankind. How is any of this even real life?

I just hope he's not taking advantage of poor Dave Sanders

#531 1 year ago

Also of note, the images currently in the product page for the PinBoard are stock images used on many other web sites.

#532 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

JFC lmaoooo. This is levels of cringe not previously known to mankind. How is any of this even real life?
I just hope he's not taking advantage of poor Dave Sanders

I hope Dave is charging an hourly rate; not banking on a per-unit royalty.

#533 1 year ago

Is the controller board the one designed by Team Pinball, who did some of the game designs and The Mafia before?

What I've seen of the backbox for Pinball Adventure and The Mafia appear pretty similar. A custom controller interfaced with a raspberry pi.

#534 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Is the controller board the one designed by Team Pinball, who did some of the game designs and The Mafia before?
What I've seen of the backbox for Pinball Adventure and The Mafia appear pretty similar. A custom controller interfaced with a raspberry pi.

I think so. Pi's hate power on/off without a graceful shutdown so I hope they do something to smooth that out.

#535 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Probably, considering Team Pinball designed the machine. They’re a key-post way back. Told them back then that they better have gotten paid up front.

2 weeks later
#536 1 year ago

The thing I like most about the hydro dipped sculpts is how they don't look like total crap.

#537 1 year ago

The thing I like most about the hydro dipped sculpts is how they don't look like total crap.

This looks so good! Hope Jersey Jack do the same to the sculpts in The Godfather.. still not to late.

#538 1 year ago

Hydro dip doesn’t have the detail or consistency.

pF gonna be at tpf finally?

#539 1 year ago

I was taking a gander at their instagram and noticed that the punny-factory url is now pinballadventures.com/punny-factory-2. If you go to pinballadventures.com/punny-factory you can see the older page was updated with an avalanche of SEO terms

Also the hydro dip process looks incredible for people who love rainbow clown puke in their pinball machines.

#540 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Also the hydro dip process looks incredible for people who love rainbow clown puke in their pinball machines.

Well I mean, there is a toxic vibe with a factory producing puns.... so rainbow clown puke is probably a win.

Thought I'd report here that I was able to drop by pinball adventures recently. They had a prototype game set up which was playable.

Barring any weird issues, from what I saw, it seems like it will be ready for shows.

Gameplay felt good. The machine set up did not have glass on etc, so it's not like it was set up to really hammer away on. I will say, it shoots like it looks, which (for me anyway) is a good thing. Lots of targets, and it has the retro street level playing vibe that I understand punny was very much modeled after. Obviously anyone expecting a playfield full of ramps and subways should understand that this is not that machine, and on the contrary, anyone looking for a more classic pinball experience on steroids may be pleasantly surprised. The shots really were quite satisfying, sniping those standups on the side, cranking the vari-target etc. I was making the shots, so I felt pretty good about it

The code path is definitely on the modern side with the additional depth of having a number of objectives and completions to make around the PF. It seemed pretty far along all things considered, and Andrew demoed the objectives and a number of puns all which seemed to function, including a 2-ball multiball.

Seeing the rail system in person, I was quite impressed, and the cab build seems to be the same quality as what I had originally observed and was excited by years ago. It appeared that there were a number of machines in the works, and I noticed a line-up of populated PFs ready to go.

Not sure what else to say. In my mind, if the goal was to produce a machine, Pinball Adventures has done it and huge kudos to them. If they bring it to the next show, or the show after, I can't say.. it seems to be the plan.. and it seems like there is a real push now to have it all ready. That benheck quote of "pinball is hard" is my mantra when I hear of people building a machine with grand ideas, and I acknowledge that I have no idea of the challenges they must have encountered leading up to this stage (Obviously, this has been years in the making), to produce not a one-off, but a machine in quantity.

It will be interesting to me to see how it is received. It's kind of a odd mash of just an amazing build, that cabinet, the little details, rail system, it's like no expense was spared. At the same time, it's a more basic layout, with more classic play (I don't mean for this to sound like a bad thing.. I enjoyed it.. but it's not perhaps what people expect for a new machine with ramps here to there and so forth. not a licensed theme, which speaks to perhaps it being more economical, despite being wrapped in a premium shell? Or maybe the $ was spent on a crazy amount of software art yet to see.. apparently there are a lot of puns.. if there is supporting art for it all, that could be crazy.

Anyway. Hopefully I can get myself another invite to play when the glass is on and I can try to get some video.

#541 1 year ago

Wonder if these guys will make it to TPF with the other 6 new pins launching...

#542 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Considering they said they'd bring games to expo and did not, I do not wonder.

#543 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

When was the last time we'd have 7 pins debuting around the same time like this?

#544 1 year ago
Quoted from cait001:

When was the last time we'd have 7 pins debuting around the same time like this?

Not exactly a 7 horse race though... more like 6 thoroughbreds and a limp donkey.

#545 1 year ago
Quoted from koji:

Well I mean, there is a toxic vibe with a factory producing puns.... so rainbow clown puke is probably a win.
Thought I'd report here that I was able to drop by pinball adventures recently. They had a prototype game set up which was playable.
Barring any weird issues, from what I saw, it seems like it will be ready for shows.
Gameplay felt good. The machine set up did not have glass on etc, so it's not like it was set up to really hammer away on. I will say, it shoots like it looks, which (for me anyway) is a good thing. Lots of targets, and it has the retro street level playing vibe that I understand punny was very much modeled after. Obviously anyone expecting a playfield full of ramps and subways should understand that this is not that machine, and on the contrary, anyone looking for a more classic pinball experience on steroids may be pleasantly surprised. The shots really were quite satisfying, sniping those standups on the side, cranking the vari-target etc. I was making the shots, so I felt pretty good about it
The code path is definitely on the modern side with the additional depth of having a number of objectives and completions to make around the PF. It seemed pretty far along all things considered, and Andrew demoed the objectives and a number of puns all which seemed to function, including a 2-ball multiball.
Seeing the rail system in person, I was quite impressed, and the cab build seems to be the same quality as what I had originally observed and was excited by years ago. It appeared that there were a number of machines in the works, and I noticed a line-up of populated PFs ready to go.
Not sure what else to say. In my mind, if the goal was to produce a machine, Pinball Adventures has done it and huge kudos to them. If they bring it to the next show, or the show after, I can't say.. it seems to be the plan.. and it seems like there is a real push now to have it all ready. That benheck quote of "pinball is hard" is my mantra when I hear of people building a machine with grand ideas, and I acknowledge that I have no idea of the challenges they must have encountered leading up to this stage (Obviously, this has been years in the making), to produce not a one-off, but a machine in quantity.
It will be interesting to me to see how it is received. It's kind of a odd mash of just an amazing build, that cabinet, the little details, rail system, it's like no expense was spared. At the same time, it's a more basic layout, with more classic play (I don't mean for this to sound like a bad thing.. I enjoyed it.. but it's not perhaps what people expect for a new machine with ramps here to there and so forth. not a licensed theme, which speaks to perhaps it being more economical, despite being wrapped in a premium shell? Or maybe the $ was spent on a crazy amount of software art yet to see.. apparently there are a lot of puns.. if there is supporting art for it all, that could be crazy.
Anyway. Hopefully I can get myself another invite to play when the glass is on and I can try to get some video.

Stunned. Glad you had a chance to flip it and it’s real. Hopefully they actually bring this to a show to see how it actually holds up. Looking forward to hands-on reviewers opinions on this thing.

When I think Street-level I think awesome. Deadly Weapon and Hoops level... Punny Factory does not invoke that kind of excitement and fun.

#546 1 year ago

At least it will be cheaper than bond 60 and pulp fiction?

#547 1 year ago

Punny Factory, as I've mentioned before, is the initial 'show you can actually do it' game. Their personal project with one of PA's brands, to create a playfield, cabinet and mechanical template, from which to springboard and advance an extra step each time. Process, rather than product; using time now to save it later, knowing the initial limits and calculating from that the investment level for improvement. The important part from PA's perspective is that the groundwork has been achieved. From mine, it's where to go from there for future plans, how to bring them to life, and the feasibility study of how much can be squeezed into a lower-cost, lower-run pin that offers something different from the norm in a hopefully appealing way. That's where a lot of the 'fun' lies, in the experimenting.

#548 1 year ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

show you can actually do it

That doesn't seem to be going well so far.

#549 1 year ago

I’m sure punny will steal the show in Texas…

#550 1 year ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I’m sure punny will steal the show in Texas…

I did not see them in the vendor list.

Would be cool but the cost and logistics of getting a machine and all that gear down there seems like a lot.. I'd anticipate seeing something at Yegpin more likely.. I'd like to try it again.. If I end up with a chance to try it again, I'll try to give you a heads up to try it out. Still a hope it could make it to one of our vrpa events.

There are 1,568 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-new-pin-reveal-12-16-punny-factory/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.