• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_0300.jpg
DSC_0314.jpg
#1 12 years ago

I finally have my second pinball - Jurassic Park! Thanks Wontwa for holding it for me while I pulled together the necessary funds. It's in decent shape. The playfield is really nice but the cabinet is so-so. The backbox art needs some love but I don't know if I want to pull the trigger on new artwork.
DSC_0314.jpgDSC_0314.jpg

Anyone ever done a touch up to this cabinet's screened artwork? If so, got pics how you did it?
DSC_0300.jpgDSC_0300.jpg

Any leads on a source for replacement plastics without buying a whole kit? I have three that need replaced plus the slingshots. I know I can get those.

Finally it doesn't have a topper but has the flashers. Any really cool ideas what to do with it? I don't really want to drop $200 for a topper.

#2 12 years ago

Congrats, a fun game.

Robert

#3 12 years ago

Congrats! The one that I recently bought doesn't have an original topper either. The guy I bought it from found a very cool T-Rex and Explorer toy both from the movies and mounted them on top in the classic pose. It looks awesome up there with the GI lighting and flashers. (Those who were at MGC saw it in all it's glory). As cool as the original topper is, I think this is better honestly.

Unfortunately they do not fit in my basement, so I have mounted them next to the game on a ledge that is there. I might try lighting them someday and connecting some flashers back to the game, but for now it looks neat just being next to it.

Ideally I'd like to find an original someday and mount that behind them, but I can't see dropping the $200 on it...especially since I probably overpaid a bit for the game as it is. Awesome game though...no regrets! Enjoy yours!

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

The backbox art needs some love but I don't know if I want to pull the trigger on new artwork.

As far as I know the only DE game with aftermarket decals is GNR.

#5 12 years ago

The only solution is to put it in between two other pinball games. Congrats!

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from dung:

jeffsgames said:The backbox art needs some love but I don't know if I want to pull the trigger on new artwork.
As far as I know the only DE game with aftermarket decals is GNR.

There is someone working on them right now and will be releasing them soon.

#7 12 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Congrats! The one that I recently bought doesn't have an original topper either. The guy I bought it from found a very cool T-Rex and Explorer toy both from the movies and mounted them on top in the classic pose. It looks awesome up there with the GI lighting and flashers. (Those who were at MGC saw it in all it's glory). As cool as the original topper is, I think this is better honestly.

That's exactly what I was hoping to do. I wanted to find a couple nice items that wouldn't look stupid on top of the cab. Thanks!

#8 12 years ago

Sweet game dude !! It's great to see so many of us snagging Jp's left and right. I really do think they are getting positioned for a small price spike...maybe .

A very polite and gentle warning: be prepared. Jurassic Park, for me, is kind of the "exotic" of pinballs. You know how it seems a Ferrari ALWAYS seems to need some attention? JP seems to be that way too.

Maybe I'm just a perfectionist, but I am constantly adjusting things to make it J-U-S-T right, and I am big on preventative maintenance. I have disabled my shaker motor and R/L motor on my TREX. I have all the new roms so I know the stress on the R/L motor is very minimal, and once again with the dung-plugs, he did an amazing job bringing my pin back to life. My machine has all LEDs to keep the heat completely down in my pin. What I'm getting at, I'm just all about keeping the stress on the expen$ive stuff as low as possible.

That's just me though in my OCD/glass ceiling way of doing things. Bottom line, if you need help with anything, please shout some questions to Pinside. We're all here to help!

Life is good .

#9 12 years ago

Congrats! The only JP plastics I've seen readily available are the slingshot plastics. All other plastics seem pretty hard to find for this game.

#10 12 years ago

Still looking for a JP. Congrats!!!

#11 12 years ago

Get yourself a switch adjustment tool. It is this tool right here: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1518&parent=96 . I am about to get mine in the mail hopefully today, because man, the bunker and control rooms switches - good mercy are they finicky. The accuracy and precision it takes to get those switches to where they register right ..... my goodness. I'd have better odds of throwing a cannonball across a football field .

#12 12 years ago

Great pin, good buy!! One of my all time favs, Enjoy!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-new-jp-owner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.