New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 276508)

Another New Game Poll

By Bearcat

59 days ago

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 58 days ago by JohnnyPinball007
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic poll

“If you had to pick one.”

• Guardians of the galaxy Pro 14 votes
    27%
  • Star Wars Pro 10 votes
    20%
  • Wonka 27 votes
    53%

(51 votes)

#1 59 days ago

To help offset Covid Blues, we’re buying a new game.

#2 58 days ago

Wonka

I'm biased.

I see you are in my area. Stop in and I'll treat you to some games on it to help you decide.

LTG : )

#3 58 days ago

This is super easy, with winning layout GOTG. Theme alone wins this one hands down: Star Wars.

(BTW, Wonka is not even close to a pro price wise and is not even in the same category Should be comparing it to a premium, price, etc. JJP does not sell or make pro machines.)

#4 58 days ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

JJP does not sell or make pro machines

Wonka may cost more. There is for the first time a less expensive model available. It is the first JJP pin to have different game play for the standard model than the limited edition and collector edition have. $7500 for the standard, $9500 for the limited, and $12,500 for the collector edition.

#5 58 days ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

To help offset Covid Blues, we’re buying a new game.

Best wishes on your decision. Get the one you like the best.

#6 58 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Wonka may cost more. There is for the first time a less expensive model available. It is the first JJP pin to have different game play for the standard model than the limited edition and collector edition have. $7500 for the standard, $9500 for the limited, and $12,500 for the collector edition.

Less expensive by not much. Seems to be a bit of accounting trickery. Added $500 to the LE (JJP releases 5,000 LE units), making it $9,500 and reducing the standard by $500. Still a great deal more cost wise than a Stern pro. For $2,000.00 cost difference, not sure there is $2k more fun in a standard versus a pro. Like JJP games, just have a hard time with such high prices, especially in the current world troubles we are having.

If JJP wants to compete with the majority of the public, lowering pricing across the board by $2k to $3k, might make a great deal of good sense. JJP does make some good games, just not sure about the high prices?

#7 58 days ago

Shopping for new toys and booze = the cure for the blues

#8 58 days ago

GOTG is the only one of these I enjoy playing. Code really came a long way on it. Shoots fine, if a bit vanilla. Theme integration & callouts are lacking, if you care about that kinda thing.

#9 58 days ago

I voted Wonka, but really you should think about Oktoberfest.

For sure not a Stern. Their customer service is hit or miss if you have a problem.

With JJP and AP you have LTG here always ready to help, and with AP they are also here ready to help.

And I just looked at your collection and it looked similar to what I used to have.

For something different, get a OKT.

#10 58 days ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I voted Wonka, but really you should think about Oktoberfest.

I really want to put some more time on Octoberfest. I had a friggin blast the times I’ve gotten to play it.
Game doesn’t get enough credit IMO.

#11 58 days ago

I'd wait a couple weeks and see what happens with Avengers and GNR. If neither of those interest you, at least the used market will have a temporary flood with people trying to make room and free up some funds.

Brian

#12 58 days ago

I would be all over a GnR, but I thought that was shelved?

#13 58 days ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

I would be all over a GnR, but I thought that was shelved?

Nope. Not shelved at all.

#14 58 days ago

I voted SW pro it’s a fantastic game. I do prefer SW premium if you can afford.

I had Wonka in my game-room for a few weeks didn’t like it personally.

I don’t have too much time on GOTG but it’s not bad. I already have 3 Borg 2-flipper pins. IM, TWD pro, Met pro so don’t want to add another.

#15 58 days ago

That is a awesome game, I am keeping mine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 33.50

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside