Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by themadman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

so im getting to know this game, when in land grab and all the balls are firing off. Mine says "operator alert, #1 ball trough coil malfunction" but all the balls seem to fire out just fine, and when i went to youtube to watch videos, I saw 2 others guys games that did the same thing while in land grab. normal? thanks guys for any info.

#2 9 years ago

What software version is it running? Version 3.20 had some kind of bug.

http://www.thatpinballplace.com/eproms/de.html

#4 9 years ago

Depending on current settings, you may be able to tell what version it's running by cycling the power off, then on while watching the display. If it only shows the display version, you need to turn off fast boot in standard settings, then cycle power again and watch the display.

If you don't have a manual, you can download one at the link below...

http://ipdb.org/search.pl

You should also check your display version. You may need to replace both the game rom and the display rom. Read the manual to learn more.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

What software version is it running? Version 3.20 had some kind of bug.
http://www.thatpinballplace.com/eproms/de.html

can i just get the free upgrade code from stern website? is that the same as this one you posted in link?

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

can i just get the free upgrade code from stern website? is that the same as this one you posted in link?

Money does not use a USB like modern sterns do. The code on the website won't help. You'd need to install a new chip for the latest code available. Marco had some when I looked for them last year.

#7 9 years ago

i didnt see it on marco, can you post a link of what i need? thanks

#9 9 years ago

so it looks like i have 3.03, which is the latest from what i can tell. Can someone with another monopoly game see if yours says "coil malfunction" when land grab is going off and all theose balls are firing. Ive seen two other games besides mine, and theres does this too. thanks

#10 9 years ago

You need to contact Jon Wart for ROM upgrades. Best prices and best shipping.

http://www.thatpinballplace.com/

#11 9 years ago

Opto in trough, probably ball jam opto. Switch test?

1 week later
#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

so it looks like i have 3.03, which is the latest from what i can tell. Can someone with another Monopoly game see if yours says "coil malfunction" when land grab is going off and all theose balls are firing. Ive seen two other games besides mine, and theres does this too. thanks

Mine does it too. I will check the rom to see what version I have. I only hit land grab probably twice for the time I owned the machine.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

so it looks like i have 3.03, which is the latest from what i can tell. Can someone with another Monopoly game see if yours says "coil malfunction" when land grab is going off and all theose balls are firing. Ive seen two other games besides mine, and theres does this too. thanks

My machine does not do that.

It is not a firmware bug (the 3.20 bug is that the dice always roll 7, which will crash the game when it gets to a spot on the board with no reward, and the crash was a lock on at full power (18V) of all controlled lamps, with the blowing of the lamps soon to commence).

You have a bad opto in the trough, a bad shooter lane switch, or a lot of ball bounce backs, misfires of the shooter.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fishers, IN
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-monopoly-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.