(Topic ID: 41133)

Another Jpop Pinball Announced??

By theBRAIN

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballhelp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 11 years ago

"Bernie Madhoff's Magic Adventure?"

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Has it been announced who will be programming MG and BHZA? If so, has programming been started? Who will be doing full color art and animation for the displays? Have they started? Who's doing the audio?

This is why it's ridiculous to compare JJP to JPop. JJP announced who his design team was before he took any orders from people, and the design team is a "who's who" of experienced industry people who have a track record of delivering games. JJP has been very open about his resources and progress of his game. Nobody really has any significant doubts that WOZ will be delivered; we've all seen pictures of the production facility, the games have showed up at festivals, we've seen videos of gameplay, etc.

JPop's operation, on the other hand, still remains a huge secret. I have no doubt that JPop is a great designer but it takes more than one person to produce a pinball machine. It takes a solid team of dedicated people.

Don't be hating on me because I'm merely being "the voice of reason" here. I hope MG and BHZA come out and everybody loves them, but from the vantage point of being on the outside, there doesn't appear to be much evidence that a lot is happening. Don't blame us if the topic comes up and we express our opinion. Everybody's entitled to their opinion.

Note that I'm not being a JPop hater or JJP fanboy. I'm just stating what's obvious. One group is very open about what they're doing and clearly demonstrating they have the resources to bring their product to market. Another group is requiring anyone who apparently knows anything to sign a non-disclosure agreement. It would be great if JPop would make some more public announcements about what's going on with the games. And if it's nobody's business but those who've pre-ordered, that's kind of a slight to the pinball enthusiast community don't you think? People want to know whats up? What's wrong with that?

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Please. JPop is hardly getting a free pass. I posted my reasons for getting out, and many of those reasons were listed by others in this thread (RareHero and PinballHelp). Any time a BHZA thread or post is made, there are always people who post about their doubts regarding that project.
    Most of the criticism of JJP tends to focus around the ridiculous dates set by Jack, which are missed again and again.

Has Jack ever really "set a date"? He has on a few occasions suggested he might be ready around a certain time, but I don't think he's ever, definitively said, "We will ship on X", which is why he's never had to apologize. I don't think he's ever promised anything yet.

#48 11 years ago

So MG and BHZA have been put in the database? Nobody even has a picture of these games. When there isn't even an image of the game, should it be put in the database??

Can one of you guys get John to at least submit an image for the database?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballhelp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-jpop-pinball-announced?tu=pinballhelp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.